Home

Hitting after Lastest Patch

This is a discussion on Hitting after Lastest Patch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2017, 01:29 AM   #65
Pro

shark547's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Hitting after Lastest Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wepr3
I've definitely noticed a difference. When playing season mode, I noticed the difference after the patch, but was able to counteract the changes with sliders. However, I've been playing conquest mode since Tuesday, and of course you can't change sliders in that mode - power is hard to come by for me. Pushing up while batting helps some with getting some lift, but otherwise, HRs are few and far between.
Before the patch I was at 7 of 10 homers needed for the Goldy All Star card....I only have Kendrick All Star to get them. Since the patch I have gotten 1....lol

The thing I don't get is how I can hit laser shots to left with lefties...but, with right handed batters I pop up a lot to right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2017, 10:43 AM   #66
MVP

forme95's Arena

I think this patch over powered pitchers again like in 16. I havent changed one thing, and I am seeing over a course of 30 games, scoring down by 2 to 3 runs, pitchers going longer and more complete games again, Strikeouts up and walks down, pitcher confidence has risen. Im seeing similarities to 16. I wish I would have kept my sliders lol. 30 games isnt baseball being baseball. Im going to ride it out longer and see if it just isnt a wierd long streak. Idk though, it is happening all across my league, not just my games.

F1 23 My Team S2
GT7 Dabble

Just have fun and play :)
Old 07-08-2017, 10:50 AM   #67

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

In my last game, using Armors sliders, I had 20 hits off Houston in the ALDS on my way to a 7-0 win. In the 3 game series I'm hitting .337 as a team with 7 doubles and 4 HR's. Out of those 4 HR's, 2 are from Nelson Cruz, 1 from Kyle Seager and 1 from Mike Zunino. If anything the CPU's offense seems to have fallen off for the most part. Houston is hitting .177 in 3 games so far, the CPU hit .244 in September but the real issue is they aren't hitting for much power. In 31 games spanning September and the ALDS the CPU has hit 20 HR's while I've hit 46.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:17 AM   #68
Pro

I just completed a the month of April, all post patch. Here are my team stats so far over 25 games,
Stat/ total/ rank/ per game
BA/ .251/ 18th/ .251
Runs/110/6th/4.4
Hits/ 217/ 6th/ 8.68
Doubles/ 45/ 6th/ 1.8
HR/ 29/ 9th/ 1.16

Personally I'm happy with these stats as they fall in line with the rest of the league within my franchise. The reason some of these stats look low, stems from that it is a carryover from MLBTS 15 where almost all drafted pitchers developed 95+ mph fast balls. So pitching is absurdly good with the top ten usually finishing with an era under 2.50. I think this was an over correction from 14 where drafted pitchers only threw in the low to mid 80's.

My user sliders:
power: 4
timing: 6
foul freq: 8
Solid hits: 5

I've used these same sliders since the very beginning and I like the way this patch plays. Last season I finished with more team homeruns than doubles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Old 07-11-2017, 05:09 PM   #69
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
In my last game, using Armors sliders, I had 20 hits off Houston in the ALDS on my way to a 7-0 win. In the 3 game series I'm hitting .337 as a team with 7 doubles and 4 HR's. Out of those 4 HR's, 2 are from Nelson Cruz, 1 from Kyle Seager and 1 from Mike Zunino. If anything the CPU's offense seems to have fallen off for the most part. Houston is hitting .177 in 3 games so far, the CPU hit .244 in September but the real issue is they aren't hitting for much power. In 31 games spanning September and the ALDS the CPU has hit 20 HR's while I've hit 46.
Have you tried turning up CPU Power one notch? I think I'll give it a go to make things more realistic/challenging.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:23 AM   #70

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Have you tried turning up CPU Power one notch? I think I'll give it a go to make things more realistic/challenging.
I didn't touch the power slider and then the next series with Toronto was a complete opposite of the one with Houston. Toronto went out and hit 15 HR's in 7 games if I recall, they averaged right around 2 per game for the series so power wasn't a problem. I won't touch it, it seems that the game can seem one way or another very easily and most times it will auto correct itself, or get back to the mean and level out over time so I'm just going to leave the sliders where I have them and just focus on playing the game finally.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:57 PM   #71
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Their hitters just don't feel as threatening as they once were (I like feeling like I have to be careful with the big guys). I was giving up at least 1-2 HR every game before...now i think I've given up 2 total since the last patch so i'm definitely going to bump up their power a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2017, 06:27 AM   #72
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Man I had a game recently I lost 12-0 and started the game like this:

HR - HR - 1B - HR

I get amazing variation pitching on HoF (classic)

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »