Home

MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.10 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.10 Available Now, Patch Notes Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2017, 08:20 PM   #9
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.10 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbieKan
Indeed, I can't believe how many balls get past Wilson Contreras. I could understand if it were Montero but Contreras, no way.

The fact that you can't call your own challenges is a joke too. If it is something they think will be an "enhancement" next year I won't be purchasing the game again. It should have been in there at the same time it became official in the real game.

And bunting? I get lucky down the 3rd base line a few times but forget about a drag bunt, it comes off as a hard ground out.
Passed balls happen a lot, but they don't ruin it for me. Now, with the challenges, you can turn off variable umpires. Every call will be correct. That way the flow of the game doesn't get interrupted, and you can keep the game...

Franchise Mode Enthusiast.
Watch Me Suck at video games...
Old 07-18-2017, 08:47 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisdom less13
Passed balls happen a lot, but they don't ruin it for me. Now, with the challenges, you can turn off variable umpires. Every call will be correct. That way the flow of the game doesn't get interrupted, and you can keep the game...
Isn't anyone else having significant roster issues in offline franchise? I have 2 on the DL and the CPU is only allowing 23 on my active roster. When I try calling up, the CPU sends them right back down despite the fact that my options are all set to manual.

No one?
Old 07-18-2017, 08:51 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
I've found making the umpires "perfect" has no effect at all. They still screw up on stolen base calls, and the strike zone is way off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2017, 09:28 PM   #12
Banned

Steven78's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iorg16
I've found making the umpires "perfect" has no effect at all. They still screw up on stolen base calls, and the strike zone is way off.
This.

Perfect umpires haven't worked in years.

Add to the list!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2017, 10:17 PM   #13
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I'm going to say this and I imagine that it will fall on deaf ears, but here it goes anyways:

The reason some of these things that the community is asking to be patched aren't patched could very well be because they can't be patched without the fear of breaking something else. Or maybe they would require more "resources/time" than they can allocate at this point in the dev cycle. Remember, they have to try and balance their allocation of time/resources between patching '17 and developing '18.

And I don't understand the idea that the devs don't care. If they didn't care, why would they take the time to continue to put out patches? I understand it's frustrating when things aren't working properly and the devs release patches, but they don't resolve some of the issues that people are having, but it doesn't automatically they don't care.

This dev team has a strong history of being forthcoming and passionate about delivering an authentic simulation baseball experience. I don't think one bad game/year should diminish everything they have accomplished. Nobody bats a 1.000.

Just my .02

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-18-2017, 10:22 PM   #14
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
If I see any less than 3 wild pitches per game from the AI it is a good game. Seems like every close game, in the closing innings when I get someone on base, and try to plan a strategy to move them up. Bam, wild pitch. It's fine occasionally but I hate that it happens so often. Occasionally I'd like to move a runner up on my own.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 07-18-2017, 11:44 PM   #15
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5
Blah. *I was really hoping they would do something about double switching non catchers in the catcher position in the 8th and 9th *inning but so much for that. I guess I'll have to wait till next year. That in combination with the absolutely awful AI bullpen management this year really puts a damper on one of the most pivotal points in the game. I mean it's the bottom of the 8th I'm down one with Jose Reyes at first with nobody out. In the mean time the Padres put some schlep behind the plate who has LITERALLY dropped every single ball that was thrown to him. *I get it, the ratings. Well if the ratings matter that much, apparently humanity AI means nothing because this happens all the time.

Last edited by JG1986; 07-18-2017 at 11:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2017, 12:06 AM   #16

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

First game after the patch and my offense is like swinging underwater. It's weird, I've had countless pitches to hit and done nothing with them short of a double by Seager. I'm facing Oakland so not like I'm facing a great rotation, my offense literally can't do anything at all. Hopefully it's just a one off coincidence since last night I was hitting just fine against Houston.

Sometimes it feels like my team plays up as well as down to the competition as I can play well against Houston but then struggle against Oakland but that's a discussion for another day.

EDIT - That was probably the most frustrating game offensively I've had in the roughly 180 games I've played. I got numerous pitches to hit and did nothing with them, couldn't square anything up and hit the ball either right at someone or lofted a lazy fly ball for an out. I ended up losing 1-0 at Oakland in 13 innings. I really hope they just don't touch anything offline anymore, 10 patches seems a bit much at this point and it feels like every time they release one I've gotta figure out, through trial and error, what possibly was changed. It's impossible to know if the patch did anything or it was just one of those games and it coincidentally happened first game post patch, hopefully it's not a trend that continues as I won't play in the dead ball era and will just shelve the game entirely.

Last edited by The Chef; 07-19-2017 at 12:26 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »