Home

MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.10 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.10 Available Now, Patch Notes Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2017, 05:14 PM   #57
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.10 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
People post after every patch that the game is ruined because they're ignoring that baseball is random. One game will be low scoring, the next will be high scoring. Nobody should comment about a patch ruining the game until they've played at least 5 games.
Which would be fair if everyone was implying that they only played one game and noticed it was different.

I've played a handful of games per day, and I'm still struggling to get any real runs scored in game, when before I had a lot better variety between high and low scoring games. I think I've given up maybe 1 home run in the past 5 games, and hit all of 2 myself. I don't even know if I've seen either team score more than 3 runs in the past 10 or so.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:25 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Soooo has anyone seen this before? Its a damn good thing i was already up like 58 runs or i may have broken some things. https://gfycat.com/UglyUnitedChuckwalla
Wow! I'm calling photoshop on this one! Just kidding wow that's insane! I totally understand how you feel even though you were up!

Been playing for the last 5years and have seen similar player warps through out the series but never this bad!
Old 07-20-2017, 05:29 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
Which would be fair if everyone was implying that they only played one game and noticed it was different.

I've played a handful of games per day, and I'm still struggling to get any real runs scored in game, when before I had a lot better variety between high and low scoring games. I think I've given up maybe 1 home run in the past 5 games, and hit all of 2 myself. I don't even know if I've seen either team score more than 3 runs in the past 10 or so.
My scores haven't been terribly low, but I went from striking out 5-7 times a game to striking out 27 times in 2 games last night and striking out 10+ times the two games the previous night when the patch dropped. It may just be a coincidence, but I have seen more swings and misses since the patch on my side of things.

That is with directional hitting with custom HoF sliders.

― Plato
Old 07-20-2017, 05:37 PM   #60
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
RTTS baserunning still broken since release. Need to be holding back the whole time or you will be picked off easily every time. Do the devs even test this mode?
Yeah this is unfortunate. I am able to steal bases but each time on I am on base I automatically have the right stick held back toward the bag. Even with my fastest reflex I have never made it back to the bag with out holding the right stick. I am currently in August of my Franchise.

I just had a thought maybe it's tied to the difficulty level? I play on Legend but I don't want to sacrifice the difficulty to be able to dive back more easily. I am going to try it on Beginner to see what happens.

However I do find this a million times better than the ShowTime Slow Mo effect that was present in MLB 16. That was a automatic safe each time! I hope Show Time and Slow Mo Effects never return to this game.

I will note that they fixed the base running (Patch 1.09) for RTTS and Player Locked players when pressing the stick up to increase speed. It no longer shakes the screen uncontrollably. It's not completely gone but its definitely less noticeable. So I will take that any day!
Old 07-20-2017, 07:38 PM   #61
Pro

Stolm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jada855
Yeah this is unfortunate. I am able to steal bases but each time on I am on base I automatically have the right stick held back toward the bag. Even with my fastest reflex I have never made it back to the bag with out holding the right stick. I am currently in August of my Franchise.

I just had a thought maybe it's tied to the difficulty level? I play on Legend but I don't want to sacrifice the difficulty to be able to dive back more easily. I am going to try it on Beginner to see what happens.

However I do find this a million times better than the ShowTime Slow Mo effect that was present in MLB 16. That was a automatic safe each time! I hope Show Time and Slow Mo Effects never return to this game.

I will note that they fixed the base running (Patch 1.09) for RTTS and Player Locked players when pressing the stick up to increase speed. It no longer shakes the screen uncontrollably. It's not completely gone but its definitely less noticeable. So I will take that any day!
I'm on Hall of Fame, so it's not just Legend. Only other thing I can think of is I am playing a short speed infielder, maybe the lack of reach is somehow having an effect? Still no way to get back to the bag without diving too.

So many little issues like this absolutely kill the mode for me this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2017, 07:50 PM   #62
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Played into my 4th year so far and never had this problem.
It is very hard to avoid being picked off without holding back the whole time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2017, 10:14 PM   #63
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
It is very hard to avoid being picked off without holding back the whole time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I disagree. I have no problems at all not getting picked off. Actually wish it was a little harder. But that's just my experience.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:13 AM   #64
Rookie

rush02721's Arena

OVR: 3

After downloading the last patch last night my user profiles were gone and it acted as thoughthis was the first time playing the game. The issues with the starters being pulled early is back, and HR's are back to where they were in April as well. Got the day off so if anyone has any ideas I'd love to know
Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »