Home

MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.11 Available Now, Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.11 Available Now, Patch Notes Here within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2017, 01:53 PM   #25
Just started!

OVR: 0
Has anyone noticed that in random games offline, one of the pitchers will lose their stamina at a rapid rate (ex: 40 pitches = zero energy), while the other pitcher's stamina decreases normally? *
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2017, 02:54 PM   #26
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.11 Available Now, Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
What am I missing in that video? Batter hit a chopper/swinging bunt and beat the throw to first.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
The pitcher deciding to casually pick it up, set himself, tap it in his glove before throwing it over. Almost as if deliberately taking just enough time to let the guy make it. No hustle at all
Old 08-02-2017, 03:02 PM   #27
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.11 Available Now, Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
The pitcher deciding to casually pick it up, set himself, tap it in his glove before throwing it over. Almost as if deliberately taking just enough time to let the guy make it. No hustle at all

I don't see it that way at all, but out of curiosity what is the pitchers fielding rating?

Also the input on the throw meter was in the green meaning the pitcher wasn't hurriedly trying to get rid of the ball.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-02-2017, 03:21 PM   #28
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I don't see it that way at all, but out of curiosity what is the pitchers fielding rating?

Also the input on the throw meter was in the green meaning the pitcher wasn't hurriedly trying to get rid of the ball.

Well that's 99 rated Vida Blue, so mid 60's I reckon? Either way, it's just a routine soft hit ball where he's had to take maybe three steps forward to get that's he's not made any attempt to get to 1st in time. Happens constantly with pitchers and catchers, particularly online. Usually involves taking 5 steps past where they pick up the ball, but that time he didn't even need to do that, just tap it in his glove like he's making a casual play to get the guy out by a mile. The completely unnecessary catcher slide for every ball that gets more than two feet away from them is still in full force online as well.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:31 PM   #29
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

And I still don't see an issue with that particular play.

But I'm done.

Just trying to discuss the play shown and share my thoughts. Not interested in providing you outlets to continue your rants about online play.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-02-2017, 03:37 PM   #30
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
I think you could make a case for the tap in the glove being unnecessary, but everything else looks fine to me. There doesn't appear to be a delay in approaching the ball or picking it up, and of course he has to get his feet set before the throw.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:47 PM   #31
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I think you could make a case for the tap in the glove being unnecessary, but everything else looks fine to me. There doesn't appear to be a delay in approaching the ball or picking it up, and of course he has to get his feet set before the throw.
The way pitchers move on this game, yes he has to set his feet after picking the ball up as he has overrun it. Real life he start slowing down as he approaches the ball and sets his feet as he picks the ball up and throws the guy out by a mile. But on this game pitchers overrun the ball, they don't start slowing down until they already have it in their glove, then they have to take 3 steps to come to stop, then plant their feet, then throw the ball. That's the problem
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2017, 05:42 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 5

Glad to see they finally addressed the Target Field ground rules, can't believe they spent half the season saying they had it right before finally coming around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »