Home

Five Ways to Improve Diamond Dynasty for MLB The Show 18

This is a discussion on Five Ways to Improve Diamond Dynasty for MLB The Show 18 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2017, 05:28 PM   #9
Rookie

Dannyray64's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Five Ways to Improve Diamond Dynasty for MLB The Show 18

On the note of Diamond Dynasty customization, I really enjoy creating my team's uniforms and logo. Right now we only have two uniform slots (home and road), but I think it would be cool if a third or even a fourth uniform slot was added. I would like to create alternate or throwback uniforms for my team.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:19 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Would like the ability to edit players equipment in DD....love the uniform editor but wanna be able to change players equipment
Old 08-17-2017, 02:05 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

Regarding Missions vs CPU they could add missions using criteria similar to those already used in Events requiring the user to use lineups made up of specific types of players, such as having to beat the CPU at Veteran level with players only of bronze level or below or other such limitations used in the various Events. It is certainly not as easy to beat the CPU when you are using a lineup not heavily loaded with gold and diamond players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 03:45 PM   #12
Rookie

The Yurpman's Arena

OVR: 6

Allow Players To Select Cards For Exchange/Collect Missions
This is a much smaller request (and almost feels more like an oversight or bug), but there have been multiple times where I have not been able to select the cards I trade in for a Collect or Exchange missions. For example, let’s say I wanted to lock my Impact Veteran Ron Guidry into the Legend Ron Guidry Program Mission instead of my Luis Severino cards. Instead of being able to choose Guidry outright, I had to go into the marketplace, buy two of the cheapest Yankee pitchers to bump the selection to exclude Luis Severino. This option is available in certain Collect/Exchange missions, so why not all of them? Especially when players could potentially trade in their higher value cards. This is a small feature that should be featured in MLB The Show 18 or even patched into this year’s game.

This times x1000. This can become frustrating depending on the mission.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:05 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

they could improve DD for me by including it in franchise mode as a user created expansion team in the city of my choosing.

A Work in Progress
Old 08-17-2017, 05:58 PM   #14
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

I'd love to see an easier way to sort/filter cards. It's a bit of a nightmare as it is now.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:21 PM   #15
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

First Try improving the servers. It's the worst online play of any sports game. Second address the Cheesers. I'll stick to playing with Friends and against the Computer. DD will be irrelevant once the season is over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2018, 12:31 PM   #16
Rookie

Gamesoldier68's Arena

OVR: 0
*I love the Show but lost interest in DD due to the time commitment for each challenge. I have stated this several times before on other forums and MLB the Show Twitter but I wish the folks over at Sony San Diego would take a closer look at Madden 18s Ultimate Team list of hundreds of challenges to win coins and player cards to add to your lineup. Maddens Ultimate Team, MUT, is sometimes updated daily and always weekly with new challenges which don't take too much time to complete to win coins and other rewards which can be used to unlock player cards to use on your MUT team. MLB the Show should implement the same type of structure for Diamond Dynasty. The moment challenges possibilities would be endless. Batting with runners on first and second and having to score a run to win the challenge, coming in as a closer bottom of the 9th bases loaded and needing to save the game in order to pass the challenge, having to hit a HR in specific situations. Creating specific challenges with legend teams and players.* Have real life moments in history where you can complete challenges with some of the legends in baseball history within the some of the Cathedrals of yesteryear.* Completing card packs in order to unlock specific player cards to use on your DD team.* Just my two cents on how to improve Diamond Dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »