Home

MMA Off-Topic

This is a discussion on MMA Off-Topic within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2017, 07:37 PM   #2545
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MMA Off-Topic

I can't imagine Conor fighting in ufc again unless it's for stupid money, or part of his contract that allowed him to fight Floyd.

We'll see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2017, 07:43 PM   #2546
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Well Dana said he'll be fighting again this year defending the belt so idk...like you said, we'll see. I hope he does.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:47 PM   #2547
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Most boxing purists are just pissed cuz they feel like it's a circus fight...they feel like Conor doesn't belong in the boxing ring with Floyd. I say well let Floyd prove it then, like Couture did to Toney. End of the day it's a win for both sports and for both men imo. And on Conor defending the belt, Dana said Conor plans to defend his LW belt this year also. Where did you hear he won't defend it for a year? Or were you just assuming?

I tend not to believe Dana when it comes to future fights. He's been wrong so many times that his word on Conor's future means nothing. If Conor says that he's fighting later this year I'll believe it.

You make a good point about it being a circus fight. I don't mind it and I'm a bit of a boxing purist. One, true boxing fans have two fights to look forward to. Canelo/GGG and Ward Kovalev 2. For all the talk about how people want true fights, I would bet money that the Conor fight has more ppv buys than both fights combined.

Two, like I said earlier it's not like it's keeping Floyd from fighting another top boxer. If you don't like it, don't buy it. But plenty of people will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-15-2017, 09:15 PM   #2548
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I tend not to believe Dana when it comes to future fights. He's been wrong so many times that his word on Conor's future means nothing. If Conor says that he's fighting later this year I'll believe it.

You make a good point about it being a circus fight. I don't mind it and I'm a bit of a boxing purist. One, true boxing fans have two fights to look forward to. Canelo/GGG and Ward Kovalev 2. For all the talk about how people want true fights, I would bet money that the Conor fight has more ppv buys than both fights combined.

Two, like I said earlier it's not like it's keeping Floyd from fighting another top boxer. If you don't like it, don't buy it. But plenty of people will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Yh it will be bigger than any past or upcoming ppv fights this year just cuz of the fact that these are two household names and extremely popular fighters. I have friends who don't even watch any MMA or boxing that say they are going to buy the fight. It's going to be huge and sell huge. Then you have fans of the sports who will clash (to them it's mma vs boxing) and the purists who will try to get all technical about it, but it's really just a spectacle. A big show for big money. As far as Conor coming back to MMA, I really hope he does. I'm not the biggest fan of Conor the showman, but i'm a huge fan of Conor the fighter.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:13 PM   #2549
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Evidently Matt Hughes is getting air lifted to hospital after his truck collided with a train today.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/1...collides-train
Old 06-16-2017, 03:21 PM   #2550
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Evidently Matt Hughes is getting air lifted to hospital after his truck collided with a train today.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/1...collides-train
Dang. Hope he'll be ok.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:25 AM   #2551
MVP

UFNFN111 on now. Didn't even know it was on at this odd time but must be cause the Ward v Kovalev fight.

So excited for Mayweather v McGregor later this summer.
Would like Mayweather to win but feel maybe McGregor can pull an upset.

Hardy and Gooden on commentary, of my favorite.
Will add in notes soon.

Main card should be classic, undercard real decent so far.

Last edited by johnmangala; 06-17-2017 at 07:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2017, 12:08 PM   #2552
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Accidentally saw results of RDA and Holm fight, watching main card right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »