Home

UFC Undisputed 3 Video - How to Unlock Alistair Overeem

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 3 Video - How to Unlock Alistair Overeem within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #41
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Video - How to Unlock Alistair Overeem

I did it last night, took like 2 minutes, and I'm sure I could have used those 2 minutes in a more productive manner.

/sarcasm

Seriously, though, that's all it took. Yeah it may have shown on everyone's page. It's not like it said "If you don't like this too, your page will be deactivated". And as far as that being spamming, I suppose that means every time you update your status you're spamming all your friends because it shows up on everyone's page, too.

Some people will complain just about anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Whooaaa Hold up! I can't believe some of the comments in here.

First: I don't have a facebook, and don't like the whole social networking idea. I feel privacy is lost to a degree and don't want to participate in it. Now that is another topic entirely.

Now as far as how this pertains to me for UFC 3. I am not going "create a fake facebook" or anything else to that degree. I am paying for the game and would hope I get the same fighters as someone else.

I can understand pre-order fighters to a certain extent. While I don't agree with it entirely I can understand it a little more.

Now me not being able to have Overeem because I won't jump through some social networking hoops is just screwed up. You can talk it up as "its no big deal, only takes 2 seconds". The bottom line is not everyone has facebook and don't like it. So having them "create fake accounts" or whatever else just to get a fighter you would like to have on your roster set is WRONG.....period. I see no way to challenge that.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #43
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm not a fan of these so called extras, which aren't extras, its locked content on the disc. But some people are going to major extremes about it. I don't blame THQ for this one though. Their logic is if this person likes MMA and video games, they are bound to have some friends that do as well. What better way to reach those people than through Facebook? It's not a bad marketing ploy, and they at least try to make you think they are giving you something for helping them out with this.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #44
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

While it's really annoying (I agree with all of you), I'd rather the devs do this compared to preorder exclusives. If it's a preorder exclusive per system or store, then there are fighters I'd never get (or have to pay too much for later).

With the Facebook or Twitter things, it's annoying for sure, but free....You can always unlike them after you get Overeem in game...
Old 01-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #45
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

I cant believe that someone would "understand" THQ forcing people to purchase a game through Gamestop in order to get fighters in the game but considers creating a fake (or real) FB page "wrong."

Also, when you and I purchase the game we will both have the same fighters. The difference is I'm willing to do something that takes two minutes to get an extra fighter so when I take the game home, I will have Overeem and you wont. Its that simple to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #46
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
While it's really annoying (I agree with all of you), I'd rather the devs do this compared to preorder exclusives. If it's a preorder exclusive per system or store, then there are fighters I'd never get (or have to pay too much for later).

With the Facebook or Twitter things, it's annoying for sure, but free....You can always unlike them after you get Overeem in game...
I agree with everyone here that exclusive pre-orders and liking/tweeting to get some exclusive content is horrible, but come on already. Pressing the like button so I can get my Overeem code and then taking THQ off of my FB is not that bad. I'd rather go this route than having to go to Gamestop to get exclusive content. If we want the other 3 fighters, especially Diaz we either go to GS or have to wait a year later for the DLC to release.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #47
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I can't believe we have 46 comments on this........
Old 01-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I cant believe that someone would "understand" THQ forcing people to purchase a game through Gamestop in order to get fighters in the game but considers creating a fake (or real) FB page "wrong."

Also, when you and I purchase the game we will both have the same fighters. The difference is I'm willing to do something that takes two minutes to get an extra fighter so when I take the game home, I will have Overeem and you wont. Its that simple to me.
I can understand the lure of different stores taggin different pre-order bonus (thus roster fighters). 99% of games now do a bonus of some sort if you commit to the game before release. You pay ZERO more to have those items. So it is nothing more than wanting the product and committing to it before release.

So by what you are saying is I should go "create a fake" account because it takes "2 mins"??? I need to go do this just to get Overeem and you don't see that as a issue BECAUSE you have facebook. Plus you see no problem doing it, so it is easy to say the things you are. But from my stance, I am not going create a fake account just for the sake of getting a fighter.

I will also agree, you will have him and I won't. That sounds really EXCELLENT (sarcasm) for me, my dad who does not have facebook, and another buddy of mine who is getting the game that does not have facebook also. Sounds like a really great idea in my book

Bottom line, you feel as if it is "no big deal" because you have a account and it is nothing to click "like". I don't have one and don't want to create a fake one just to get the character. Next thing you know I am going to have to create fake accounts for numerous different games that follow this same mantra. It is a bad situation for us NON-Social networking people. You have your beliefs on the topic and I have mine is I guess end of story.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »