Home

UFC 3 - Excel Spreadsheet

This is a discussion on UFC 3 - Excel Spreadsheet within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: UFC 3 - Excel Spreadsheet

What is this for and how does it work?

I Think this can substitute as some sort of "universe" application which I can use to pit fighters against one another. If it Cpu v Cpu or whatever.

So, do records and P4P ranking automatically update themselves?
If I assign a winner, what do I use to update the list?(assuming the above question is answered with a yes)

I'm using Challonge.com to run a CPU v CPU round robin which I sometime participate in, but it doesn't have the level of tracking that is seemingly present on this excel document.

Any quick starter tips?
Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #18
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k10Fonzarelli
What is this for and how does it work?

I Think this can substitute as some sort of "universe" application which I can use to pit fighters against one another. If it Cpu v Cpu or whatever.

So, do records and P4P ranking automatically update themselves?
If I assign a winner, what do I use to update the list?(assuming the above question is answered with a yes)

I'm using Challonge.com to run a CPU v CPU round robin which I sometime participate in, but it doesn't have the level of tracking that is seemingly present on this excel document.

Any quick starter tips?
Yes, is a way to keep up with your own UFC "universe". You can use it for cpu/cpu match-ups or whatever you want.

The only thing you really have to enter are the fight cards (enter the match-ups in cells C & E and when you select a winner everything should pull from there). You will also have to manually enter the next/last cards on the master spreadsheet, and update the rankings occasionally. Everything else, including p4p rankings, should be set up to calculate automatically.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 02-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #19
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby0824
How in the heck do they not have a promoter mode or something. It would be essentially just like a madden season and have it like 8 years long or something. WTF, can't believe by the third installment they don't have this, I have no interest in the career mode and would rather just play with all the guys in a "season". We can hope for next time I guess, but won't hold my breath. Spread sheet is awesome, but why should be have to do this, it should be standard with this game.
I agree. The career mode now is similar to a "My Player"/"Road to the Show" type of mode. Which I've never really had much of an interest in. I'm a franchise guy first and foremost, so I would love to see a "promoter mode"; where you can set up fightcards and it kept up with records, rankings, titles, win/loss streaks, etc. Unfortunately, it seems that most devs are more focused on online these days, so we are probably in the minority. My fingers are crossed though.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 02-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #20
Pro

this is fantastic!!

Thank you!

Quick question. What do i need to do to add new fighters to the list and ensure they're tracked accurately?

Last edited by 2k10Fonzarelli; 02-23-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #21
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k10Fonzarelli
this is fantastic!!

Thank you!

Quick question. What do i need to do to add new fighters to the list and ensure they're tracked accurately?
First add the fighter(s) to the rankings tab whereever you think that they should be ranked or use a website rankings.

Then, just add them to the appropriate weight-class on the Master spreadsheet. Be sure you paste all the formulas on that row. You can either use paste special (formula) or hit Control D on each individual cell to get the formula above it to pull down. You will have to manually enter the old records, but everything else should be good to go.

Lastly, you need to get them in the p4p rankings. The easiest way to do it is to add them to the bottom of the rankings and pull down the formula from the last ranked fighter. Then what you want to do is highlight cells B30 and C30 starting at the first fighter and ending with the last. Then, left click on that, select SORT and sort from smallest to the largest.

I hope that isn't too confusing. If you have any problems or need something explained better just let me know.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #22
Pro

OK, I think I follow this. I'm going to try a few matches later and see if it works.

Thanks for the help. Its was well written, I had no problems following it despite no experience with excel .
Old 02-24-2012, 03:38 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6

Just wanted to say thank you times a billion. This is awesome. I was surprised when I finished my first event and put it in the fight card, it automatically updated the wins and losses on the Master page. Just awesome. Saved me a lot of paper!

Oh and if you're confused use Jeremy's explanation up there. Helps a lot.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #24
Pro

Control-X's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
First add the fighter(s) to the rankings tab whereever you think that they should be ranked or use a website rankings.

Then, just add them to the appropriate weight-class on the Master spreadsheet. Be sure you paste all the formulas on that row. You can either use paste special (formula) or hit Control D on each individual cell to get the formula above it to pull down. You will have to manually enter the old records, but everything else should be good to go.

Lastly, you need to get them in the p4p rankings. The easiest way to do it is to add them to the bottom of the rankings and pull down the formula from the last ranked fighter. Then what you want to do is highlight cells B30 and C30 starting at the first fighter and ending with the last. Then, left click on that, select SORT and sort from smallest to the largest.

I hope that isn't too confusing. If you have any problems or need something explained better just let me know.
I've done that (bolded part) but what about the Rank, Original P4P Points, and Progress Points of our created/added fighter? Is that supposed to remain blank?

What I did:
Just for fun I added a Floyd Mayweather with a 42-0-0 record on the master sheet at Lightweight by following your procedure. He was ranked 3rd. Next, I got him to the P4P rankings by adding him at the bottom of the list (after a Kyle Noke). I copied the formula from cell B158 (and I got 3.22 points for my fighter). Next I highlighted from cells B30 and C30 like you said and was able to sort them from smallest to largest, the fighters were rearranged but the problem is... my added fighter (Mayweather) had no RANK Number, no Original P4P Points, and no Progress Points unlike the other existing fighters. Shouldn't you do something with a fighter's Rank or "Original P4P Points" and/or "Progress (Points)" first before sorting them all out? Thanks for this file btw.

Dr. J
1976_Bird 1986_Magic 1987_Chuck 1993_Pip 1994_MJ 1996_GP 1996_Shaq 2000_AI 2001_Kobe 2006

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »