Home

UFC 210 - Buffalo - April 8

This is a discussion on UFC 210 - Buffalo - April 8 within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2017, 12:40 PM   #105
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 210 - Buffalo - April 8

Got really sick last night shortly before the co-main.* Thought I was hallucinating during the main event with what I was seeing.

I read Rumble's corner was upset with him.* Almost from the get go he was initiating takedowns as wrestling.* Didn't know if he was trying to prove something.* Weird fight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2017, 04:25 PM   #106
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Got really sick last night shortly before the co-main.* Thought I was hallucinating during the main event with what I was seeing.

I read Rumble's corner was upset with him.* Almost from the get go he was initiating takedowns as wrestling.* Didn't know if he was trying to prove something.* Weird fight.
Man I don't blame them. I'd be pissed too. It was such a silly thing to do considering you already know the type of match up your fighting. Why the hell would you play to the other guys strengths? You would think the guy had learned from the 1st fight and the success he was having early on that "hey I just need to be a bit more patient, but still sprawl and brawl". Hate that he retired on a fight like that and at the height of his career, but tbh he deserved that loss for how silly he approached the fight.

Last edited by WarMMA; 04-09-2017 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:40 PM   #107
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
I don't feel bad for fighters that much, but I honestly feel bad for Chris.
What?! how?

Chris is hurt, but plays it up because he thinks its illegal, tells the doctor he can't continue to try and get Moose DQd, or get a NC, then they tell him its legal, and he tells them he's totally fine and ready to go now. Well what is Chris? Are you too hurt to continue, or are you ready to go? Dude was trying to game the system, and got what he deserved.

Also, how about just defending yourself rather than trying to play twister with the canvas. Either way you look at it, Chris was just trying to game the system. If he would have just blocked those knees, rather than try to abuse the rules, he would have probably been much better off.

Weedman was about to get TKod anyway. If anything I feel bad for Moose. he was about to finish Chris and instead gets his breakthrough victory shaded in controversy. And hes on the last fight of his contract trying to make a statement to get paid.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 04-09-2017, 07:17 PM   #108
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Clip worth watching.

Shows Weidman looking for a way out.

Actually trys to fake a low blow also a bit before eating the knees....

https://www.facebook.com/FightHaven/...6434631278999/

Old 04-11-2017, 05:55 AM   #109
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Rumble is appealing the weigh-in. It's basically a money play to try and get 20%. While he may be correct, NY would have allowed 2 hours to drop it so he could have made weight. You can't do this after the fact, they should have done it immediately. The only thing they can do is win the appeal and sue the commission for the 20%, which they will never get from them.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2017, 11:23 AM   #110
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Rumble is appealing the weigh-in. It's basically a money play to try and get 20%. While he may be correct, NY would have allowed 2 hours to drop it so he could have made weight. You can't do this after the fact, they should have done it immediately. The only thing they can do is win the appeal and sue the commission for the 20%, which they will never get from them.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Pretty pathetic tbh.

He didn't seem to care about the weight before. Then practically threw the fight, and ran from MMA....

CRUMBLE Rumble.

Old 04-11-2017, 12:49 PM   #111
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I don't care about this, but I don't think it's a given DC could have lost the weight in an additional 2 hours. Sometimes fighters just stop being able to lose weight.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »