Home

No more MTO?

This is a discussion on No more MTO? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2017, 02:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
No more MTO?

Looks like they removed MTO completely. Not sure how I feel about this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2017, 02:07 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: No more MTO?

Honestly, it kind of felt played out. It hadn't really changed much since 2K13, so I'm ready to try something new.

I'm actually pretty excited about it, I think the changing cap values based on how much a card is used could be super cool if works correctly. I remember back when MTO had roster limits, everyone ended using the same dudes to min/max their lineups.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:18 PM   #3
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

I hope there's a mode where you can just straight up play online against other players with no restrictions.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:24 PM   #4
MVP

justlaze's Arena

R.I.P. God Squads ?

If the Salary Cap Mode is a substitute for MTO instead of an addition, then the mode is ruined.

But if it's an extra mode on top it's great.

Why should I grind out the best cards in the game, if I can not team them up together? So if I want to run my 5 PDs for example, do I need to run an all ruby bench?

The people who benefit the most from these changes are especially offline players and non-AH-grinders with mediocore lineups.

The ones who always have the best cards in every game cycle take a major L though.

There is no need to be the one with the first diamonds, because you won't be able to build around them until salary caps get increased. So basically you always have to wait for 2K to raise the bar, even if you grinded out hard.
So if I'm 2 months ahead of the average player in terms of collector level - it won't help me at all.

The average MyTeam player won't care. But I now a lot of guys in here and from other communities, who might stick to 17 or even change to EA because of this.

From the pictures leaked it looks like the mode is a substitute.
We'll see on 09/15 - but I already have really bad feeling.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:33 PM   #5
Rookie

Maybe there's more game modes because I dont see the current team schedule challenges, the thing thats supposed to be over 900 games. Just weekly challenges and domination mode has only enough stars for the current, historic, and all time dominations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2017, 02:39 PM   #6
Pro

anditbeg1ns's Arena

Super Max is the new MTO. It's salary capped teams instead of God squads. So it's an improvement, at least initial reaction

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-18-2017, 02:54 PM   #7
MVP

justlaze's Arena

No more MTO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anditbeg1ns
Super Max is the new MTO. It's salary capped teams instead of God squads. So it's an improvement, at least initial reaction

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

In other words it's complete trash.
MyTeam was always about striving to have the best team possible.
What's the purpose to play it now?
Forced to play Lonzo all year because of salary cap?
RIP MyTeam 13-17.
Average players will applaud.

Last edited by justlaze; 08-18-2017 at 02:56 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:57 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
R.I.P. God Squads ?

If the Salary Cap Mode is a substitute for MTO instead of an addition, then the mode is ruined.

But if it's an extra mode on top it's great.

Why should I grind out the best cards in the game, if I can not team them up together? So if I want to run my 5 PDs for example, do I need to run an all ruby bench?

The people who benefit the most from these changes are especially offline players and non-AH-grinders with mediocore lineups.

The ones who always have the best cards in every game cycle take a major L though.

There is no need to be the one with the first diamonds, because you won't be able to build around them until salary caps get increased. So basically you always have to wait for 2K to raise the bar, even if you grinded out hard.
So if I'm 2 months ahead of the average player in terms of collector level - it won't help me at all.

The average MyTeam player won't care. But I now a lot of guys in here and from other communities, who might stick to 17 or even change to EA because of this.

From the pictures leaked it looks like the mode is a substitute.
We'll see on 09/15 - but I already have really bad feeling.
Sounds like a way to get us to keep buying moments cards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »