Home

Dear 2K....

This is a discussion on Dear 2K.... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Dear 2K....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo
I'm not getting the cynicism in this thread. giving props doesn't automatically = fanboy. can't judge the gameplay til I get my hands on it, but you'd have to be braindead to not recognize that this game looks like a ton of work was put into it. I mean cmon... the depth of MyGM, insane graphics, insane detail, The Park sounds frickin amazing / revolutionary to me, already top notch good gameplay, presentation, and on and on.
Well, to each his own I guess. For you, gameplay might be top notch. For others, like me, not at all. You should at least acknowledge that different people have individual preferences. Also, nobody said giving props=fanboy. You need this premise for your post to make sense, but that's not what the thread is about at all. The original poster was speaking on behalf of "the fans" (what?) and said you don't need to play the game to know it's great (huh?). And yes, that's just stupid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0

The logic some of you people use is kind of funny. You knock shade8780 for giving credit to these developers, for putting out two quality products within a couple of months of each other. As far as I can tell he likes the fact that the devs did not sit on there *** and just port the cg over to the ng. Seems reasonable to appreciate devs for not porting the same game. Especially when you consider some of the other sports games out there.

So, why do the whiners out there care so much about this team getting some minor props before the game ships. With all the hyper negativity around this site about a game they haven't played yet. It appears there main issue is how the hell could shade8780 know, after all he hasn't even played the game. Well, that's all well and good, until you realize these know-it-all's are doing the exact same thing. They are bitching about a game that they haven't played. While conveniently ignoring the approximately 90% of people who have actually played the game and whom have recommended it in glowing terms.

Some of you whiners are absolutely pathetic. I look forward to seeing what you can pull out of your asses next.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #43
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane1
Some of you whiners are absolutely pathetic.
Do you at least acknowledge that there's also legitimate criticism possible, or do you need the illusion of everyone being 100% hyped in order to enjoy the waiting time till you can play 2k14?

Besides, 2k doesn't give a f*ck about fanboys/haters. If you wanna support 2k, buy their products, period. Anonymous love letters don't mean sh*t. I've criticized 2k for years, and still spent money on their games to support them. Now I get that many 2k gamers are still kids and have no clue what money means besides getting it from their parents by default. So I can understand that many won't comprehend that 60$ mean much more than stupid emoticons on a message board.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

>Besides, 2k doesn't give a f*ck about fanboys/haters. If you wanna support 2k, buy their products, period. Anonymous love letters don't mean sh*t. I've criticized 2k for years, and still spent money on their games to support them.

You think going to a restaurant and just paying for your food which happens to be delicious is the same as paying for it AND giving your compliments to the chef?

It doesn't mean you can't appreciate some good work just because you're paying for the product.

There's no doubt there's room for improvement coz we'll never make the perfect game. We only more closer towards it. In that regard most games, especially yearly sports titles are all about progressive jumps with each iteration. And considering it's the first title of the next-gen, this is a huge leap.

And some of the users here just need to learn the difference between whining and criticizing. Saying something just 'sucks' or is 'bad' is not going to solve anything.

I applaud those handful of users who balance out praise with constructive criticism. I love how the devs actually listen and interact with the community. I only wish your views are expressed with a better choice of words.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »