Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #2337
Rookie

BFig's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Alright so played my first playoff and it was my first career start. I haven't had the decision between my friend agent and the big one or a shoe endorsement. When is this coming? As far as I'm aware it should have happened by now.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #2338
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
We're 11 games into the season and the Sixers are 1-10 on a 10 game losing streak. If we keep this losing streak going, I'm getting the hell out of Philly. This team is so bad. The only guys that are half decent here are Turner, Noel and Anderson, who's money from three. The rest play like D-League level players that don't have a clue how to play defense. Every single loss this season, we've been blown out by 20 or more and it really sucks.

Anyone know how to request a trade? I think I'll give it another week or two in 2K to see how we do, but I'm most likely gonna end up asking to be traded to the Pacers, Rockets or Heat.
My 76ers team with my Center was so bad.. then I started starting .. Noel and Hawes weren't putting up 10 points combined at the spot so we were always down big.. since I became a starter the team is at least competitive.. beat the Heat by 9 points.. went from 13th in the East to the 8th seed so far.. 19-20 record now off of a 7-3 last 10 with team chemistry up to 98%.. won 5 of 6 I started, only getting beat (and blown out by 35) by Cleveland.

Still amazed I went to the line 28 times in the last game last ngiht (the Heat game.) The only thing not working now is my post-playmaker signature skill.. even at 98% chemistry they don't shoot when I pass out of the double (or triple) team from the block.

That said.. I won't play a second season on 76ers.. more than halfway through January now.. I'll start a SF or maybe even a PG.. never really done a PG on 2k .. after the season I'll use remaining VC and build that instead and see where I go.

Next game is vs. the Bulls.. can't imagine being very close in that game.. ankle still day-to-day with a 79 ovr at 73 for the injury

Last edited by DHMN69; 12-30-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #2339
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Bulls are tough.. in my season, the Vince Carter trade that happens in EVERYONE's 2k has him going to the Bulls.. and 2K loves him.. he shoots 50%+ from 3-point 4 for 4 in the first quarter.. good thing his age has him playing less minutes

Wasn't paying attention.. the Bulls also have Andray Blatche from Brooklyn in my career.. so Boozer, Gibson, Blatche, and Noah on the boards..

Last edited by DHMN69; 12-30-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #2340
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Seriously why would the max vertical for an all around power forward be capped at 65.... Is that a glitch or is this real life?

Is the max vertical for an all around power forward really a 65? Is this why my guy is complete trash leaping for rebounds??? Im only averaging 4 rebounds a game playing 12 minute quarters.

..... I even got out rebounded by a point guard in park mode... My power forward is 7"1 all around playstyle

Please dont tell me i wasted 20 dollars worth of VC for this... Please someone confirm to me that the rebounding is just broken and will be patched.

Was it just a mistake to make an all around 7"1 power forward? Like seriously a 65 max cap vertical...

Anyone else have a power forward or center that cant grab rebounds?
Old 12-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #2341
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

My 7'1 center only averages almost 7 boards with 40 minutes per game played.. it's 2K making them less effective.. you can the get rebounding numbers with a 6'6 PG that I can with my 7'1 center.. even in position he lags a bit jumping for boards at times.. even IF it says 'successful box out' in my case someone else gets the board

Funny thing is .. in a much shorter 21 point Park game I can nearly get 10 boards every time if the other team isn't a 90+ overall and swishing everything.. AND he can do the standing dunks he can't do in the 'My Career' games

Finisher signature stat seems to not help either.. not making any more shots when fouled than I was

Last edited by DHMN69; 12-30-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #2342
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Intentional fouling is broken.. Rose gets the ball inbounded to him I do the LB/RB combo..and everyone from the OTHER end of the court comes running to foul.. leaving 2 guys underneath for an outlet and dunk. Seems like there isn't a voice control where you can just say foul and have a guy foul someone either..
Old 12-30-2013, 09:06 PM   #2343
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk_fatboy
Seriously why would the max vertical for an all around power forward be capped at 65.... Is that a glitch or is this real life?

Is the max vertical for an all around power forward really a 65? Is this why my guy is complete trash leaping for rebounds??? Im only averaging 4 rebounds a game playing 12 minute quarters.

..... I even got out rebounded by a point guard in park mode... My power forward is 7"1 all around playstyle

Please dont tell me i wasted 20 dollars worth of VC for this... Please someone confirm to me that the rebounding is just broken and will be patched.

Was it just a mistake to make an all around 7"1 power forward? Like seriously a 65 max cap vertical...

Anyone else have a power forward or center that cant grab rebounds?
Anything over 6"11 is a terrible rebounder. It's the game. I had a 7"1 athletic center and couldn't rebound to save my life. Now I'm a 6"9 athletic Power Forward and can get like 14 a game

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2013, 09:06 PM   #2344
Just started!

Hey guys, does anyone know if you can still sign with adidas if you stay with your agent? I want to sign with adidas but I didn't want to leave him for the big agency guy and i'm well past that cutscene. If not i'm going to be slightly p***ed as I'm sick of wearing Nike and Jordan shoes in mycareer/myplayer modes and I don't want to be forced to sign with another agent just for the shoes..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »