Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2014, 04:06 PM   #2737
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Anyone whos been drafted to the Cavs, what was your rookie showcase stat line?
Old 01-07-2014, 05:05 PM   #2738
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ok i have no idea why my player his morale is 'upset' now for months.

In season 3 and everything is fine. 100% gm chemistry, 75% teammate chemistry, and fans are fine too.

Ive asked for a teammate to be traded a year ago but after that in talks with the gm i always say everything is great
Old 01-07-2014, 06:28 PM   #2739
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinger2013
i would do the Center one because alot of teams need Centers and getting Blocks and Rebounds and Dunking on ppl is real fun and as the Center u control the paint u dont have to worry about no weak inside defense. Perimeter defense will just be the problem

i currently have that exact type of Center drafted 6th ovr to the Pelicans 21ppg
10rpg
3.6bpg

as a sixth man

plus the Trailblazers need a Center at 10th pick

Only thing on the Pelicans they give u and Ryan Anderson more minutes i guess because Eyebrows starts at C even though he is listed as a PF hopefully this changes once i become a starter

Yeah, I loved my 7 "2" Center, its fun dominating inside. I already played so many games on one, I don't know if I'd get bored or not. Still thinking I'll just run with a C again, but at 6 "11" so I won't have to deal with the sluggish rebounding.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:02 PM   #2740
Rookie

Hey yall I have the code for the Lebron shoes. You can only log in once if anyone wants these and has a good plan for a transaction hmu via email [email protected] ....I have one person that is agreeing for $100
Old 01-07-2014, 09:41 PM   #2741
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin
OH. MY. GOD. I want to take this game outside and take a few shots at it with my .50 Desert Eagle right now.

Two straight games vs Houston (my guy's with the Nuggets). No Harden. I don't know if he's injured or was traded. Probably traded cuz they've got Jarret Jack. Jack is lighting me up. Brooks is lighting me up. Some dude named Garcia and some scrub off the bench are lighting me up. They shoot like 60% from 3 in both games. Like 80% from the floor. They are literally TRYING to shoot 3's, and they're making almost all of them.

Meanwhile my team doesn't seem to realize they have guys they should guard. They play olé defense the entire game, not that it matters when they actually do D up because Houston is hitting everything contested or not. Meanwhile Jack is D'ing me up like he's Scottie freaking Pippen. My ball handling is in the upper 80's, as is my ball security. I'm getting stripped. I'm getting blocked (by freaking Jack, who I have 2 inches on), my passes are getting picked off left and right, and half the time they don't go to who I want to go to anyway. And my teammates favorite thing is to throw passes directly to the defender. I can't hit the broad side of a barn even when I manage to get a wide open spot up shot. When I take ONE dribble towards the paint, their bigs immediately go stand under the basket. Why don't my guys do that to them? They're driving at will.

It's obviously scripted, because I get the "bring us back" goal in the 2nd quarter when we get down by 20. Sure, great, whatever, but Houston never cools off. Ever. My teammates won't play defense anyway. There's literally ZERO chance of me bringing the team back because they can't shoot, I can't shoot, and Houston's hitting at a 70% clip. Back to back games against Houston. Blown out by 20+ points each game. This scripted crap is sucking the fun out of this game. I'm playing on SS/Simulation, not the Default cheese garbage. And to add insult to injury, the servers disconnect while I'm upgrading my player and kick me to the game menu and try to get me to create an offline MyPlayer. AAAAAAHHHHHHHH! Ok. Rant over. Just needed to vent. Thanks for your time.
And let me guess, you are playing on HOF? Well, you should expect everyone to play like "hall of famers" in that difficulty lol. Play on superstar if you hate seeing 5 michael jordans on the court
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2014, 10:10 PM   #2742
Rookie

claustin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecolourgreen
And let me guess, you are playing on HOF? Well, you should expect everyone to play like "hall of famers" in that difficulty lol. Play on superstar if you hate seeing 5 michael jordans on the court
Actually toward the bottom of my post I said I was playing on SS/Sim, so HoF isn't the problem. I haven't played since then so we'll see how the next game goes.

Has anyone experienced an issue where after you get traded you stop getting GM meetings? I haven't had a GM meeting in like 15 games and my post game interviews haven't done anything to help my team chemistry. It's been on 69% since I arrived. My recent activity that gets shown after games is practically empty. How can I get my GM relationship and team chemistry up if nothing ever happens?
Old 01-07-2014, 10:34 PM   #2743
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin
Has anyone experienced an issue where after you get traded you stop getting GM meetings? I haven't had a GM meeting in like 15 games and my post game interviews haven't done anything to help my team chemistry. It's been on 69% since I arrived. My recent activity that gets shown after games is practically empty. How can I get my GM relationship and team chemistry up if nothing ever happens?
I'm experiencing the same issue, my teammate chemistry is at 76% and I really want Floor General so I can help out Paul George and rest of the starters.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:42 PM   #2744
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYOwNArcHEnemY
Quick question, I know it's been asked but can't find an answer.. How the hell do you dunk on a regular basis instead of a layup? My kid has 92 dunk and have picked up about 5 signature dunk animations but can't throw down on anyone ever. Only time I dunk is on a break and then it's usually just a weak 2 hander. Is the problem my layup skill is at about 88? Also will posterizer or highlight reel even help, just seems i've wasted enough VC already?
whats youre speed attribute? I was having the exact same problem as you, and then i increased my speed attribute from 75 to 85, and now im dunking on everyonese head. Also make sure your shoot in traffic is maxed out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »