Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #3137
Rookie

MYOwNArcHEnemY's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyItsKC
Quick question. How does MyCareer quarter length affect other teams? If I set it to 6 minute quarters will I be competing with 12 minute quarter player stats in the league leaders?
Yes you will. Running mine on 8 and my team scores a lil less overall and my minutes are way less but my averages are above par.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:00 PM   #3138
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biizz713
if you have your quick game substitution settings saved to manual it stays like that for my career games. just go to the options through nba today, change it to auto on substitutions, and you should be good.
I tried this once and it was already set to auto but I might as well check it again next time I'm on 2k. I did manage to get my turbo camera to save with a similar method last night so hopefully this will work. Many thanks.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:18 PM   #3139
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kainomac
Do many really suffer from a high CPU fg % ? I usually hold the cpu to about 46-50% shooting. If anything it's my team that scores a high %. I play on superstar sim and average about 22-25ppg so I don't see the problem. If you play HOF then you know the CPU is going to cheese like crazy.
Well before I became a starter I had similar numbers to those. However once I got the cutscene telling me I would be starting soon its all changed. We are losing a lot more games I think we were like 19-14 before, now as a starter we are like 7-10. Teams have been shooting ridiculously high percentages and my team has been terribly inconsistent.

I play superstar sim as well so it's incredibly frustrating when teams like the Pistons(last in 3PT% in real life)shoot 13-20 on threes. I also use Real Player % which really doesn't seem to do anything. I had a game of 29p 8r 9a and 8b(blocking is ridiculous as well) but the Knicks still shot 65% and we got blown out by 30.

Sorry for the rant but if you got any tips I'd be glad to hear em! lol
Old 01-18-2014, 06:31 PM   #3140
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
But then CPU AI sags off flooding the paint then has this magical warp of speed to recover and defend outside shots. 3s need a 10-15% success reduction globally imo.

I definitely feel you on this however despite my lower CPU fg % I can always just see that the ball is going to go in when they sag off at 3.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:23 AM   #3141
Rookie

Alright. Finally became a starter on January 12th. I was getting really impatient. After I became I starter, I've kind of lost interest in playing 2k. It's probably because of winter break(go back on the 27th) but I'm really getting bored. I'm forcing myself to play so I can hurry and get traded to the bulls. Coming up on my 9th game as a starter and still no sidekick conversation. The new agent, injury and game winning shot scenarios have shown up but no sidekick cutscene. I've been playing on 6 min quarters until this appears and the past few games I've been intentionally fouling just so the game would end. I fouled out in the 1st half against the rockets and apparently that was the game were I was supposed to hurt my ankle. Next game vs Pacers I start fouling intentionally in the 2nd quarter but I got subbed in with 1 min left so I stayed then proceeded to foul in the 2nd half. I get subbed in 6 sec left, post up lance stephenson for the the game winner. I'm not sure if the agent, injury, etc are supposed to show up before hand but I just wanna hurry up and get traded. The last two gm convos it didnt give me the option of saying i dont get along with a teammate. Hoping that the next game vs the nuggets will bring up the cutscene. If not I'm done for the night. And for some reason I'm starting at pf instead of sg...

Last edited by Kakarr0t; 01-19-2014 at 02:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2014, 02:58 AM   #3142
Rookie

andyacecandy's Arena

OVR: 1

I just spent a bunch of time customizing Nikes and Jordans... went to my closet and put the shoes on, then realized my player wasn't wearing them in the game!??

Is it because I don't have a sponsor deal with Nike or Jordan? When does that come along?
Old 01-19-2014, 04:08 AM   #3143
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
I do and it doesn't matter the game mode. What really drives me bonkers is the CPU shoots at least 50% from 3 every game. I mean the CPU just drains 3s like its nothing. I lowered the CPU 3point slider to 40, played a quick game and they still shot north of 50%. Doesnt help that your AI teammates are terrible at defending off ball on the perimeter. But then CPU AI sags off flooding the paint then has this magical warp of speed to recover and defend outside shots. 3s need a 10-15% success reduction globally imo.
for me on superstar the opposition 3pt % is 65+

I havent adjusted sliders yet but will probably do so. My teammates sag off at the most inappropriate times, and the opposition guards swish 3 pters almost every time. Ive just purchased on court coach signature skill, and tried changing up the defensive options instead of just having man on man. Just seems to make the opposition CPU free for jumpshots everywhere.

Last edited by Vegemietian; 01-19-2014 at 04:29 AM. Reason: hgfghjfghfh
Old 01-19-2014, 04:42 AM   #3144
Banned

How many games in/how can you request a trade? I'm getting sick of playing for this terrible Sixers team and I want a trade. I'm around the middle of December.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »