Home

Default Time Length Back To 5:00?

This is a discussion on Default Time Length Back To 5:00? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24
Default Time Length Back To 5:00?

I noticed on the video clips from gamescon when a game started it was 5:00 minute quarters. Not sure if that is a special demo set up for the con or if it was going back to 5 for online matches and such.

Has this been confirmed at all?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2014, 11:48 AM   #2
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Default Time Length Back To 5:00?

I doubt the demo and online ranked matches have anything to do with one another. We probably wont know online ranked matches quarter length until closer to release or even after release when people start playing ranked games.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #3
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
I doubt the demo and online ranked matches have anything to do with one another. We probably wont know online ranked matches quarter length until closer to release or even after release when people start playing ranked games.
Yea. Usually demo's are a shorter time length...but if there was no official 2k demo...2k might of made a special one for gamescon with just a few teams available using default settings.

Online is usually always default time setting.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:59 PM   #4
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

Demo's are typically 5 minutes.

Dev's are looking into most competitive settings. I think last year's 6 minute quarters and superstar/sim settings were a really solid selection.

What would you guys like to see for default settings in online matches/default offline matches?

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Old 08-20-2014, 03:29 PM   #5
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k

Dev's are looking into most competitive settings. I think last year's 6 minute quarters and superstar/sim settings were a really solid selection.

What would you guys like to see for default settings in online matches/default offline matches?
It would be sweet if there were 2 options. 1like last year, and another for 12 min hof sim like a real nba game. That is assuming lobbies dont return.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2014, 03:47 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

If Lobbies dont return. 5min qtrs, Superstar/Sim settings for rank online games are the best. It would be ideal for halloffame som but manh will argue on that. 5mins is balanced for default online matches because it is not to long but still balanced at the same time to be competitive. Anything less then 5min qtrs is not competitive and bad.

And im a competitive gamer but the ideal way is lobbies. That way we can choose to play 5min online games or 6-7 mon qtrs. If there has to be a default for Online then make it 5min qtrs. There are alot of reasons to back this up. It was competitive before for 5min qtrs its just that the gameplay wasnt up to par to be competitive aka exploits etc. 6min qtrs for rank games ppl quit in the 2nd qtr etc cuz the game is to long. For online leagues etc yea 6 or 7 is cool at times but dont mess up something that was great for many years. Stick to the 5min default qtrs... #OnlineNation #SimNation All Dau
Old 08-20-2014, 03:52 PM   #7
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k

You guys shook my world last season when you made ranked matches 6 min quarters (I've been playing 5 min quarters online since 2k1 on dreamcast...LOL).

But honestly, I like 6 min quarters. I think it worked out well and it gave a little more love to bench players and just getting more players involved on an online game. As well as giving us some more time to run our offense.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:03 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

5 min quarters were right on point. 6 min quarters were too long online when you take into account pausing,online lag, fouls,freethrows etc. That would make a game longer than a half hour which drags things out. 5 min is more than good enough and the perfect balance to run an online game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »