Home

Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating Is Amazing!

This is a discussion on Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating Is Amazing! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating Is Amazing!

***DISCLAIMER: I LOVE THIS GAME!***

I have to give it to the 2k developers for engaging in a level of CPU cheating never seen before in video games. They have accomplished something I heretofore thought was impossible: take CPU cheating to a new level.

Settings, default sliders, Pro.

1) On the fast break, slower CPU players run down my speedy point guards. If they get to within an arms length of the player I am controlling, he stops and shoots the ball where he is despite the fact that I am directing him to the hoop and no one is in front of him.
2) On the fast break, 1 CPU player can routinely stop 3 human players because when I pass the ball to the open man breaking towards the basket, somehow I pass it directly to the CPU defender's chest!
3) On the fast break when my man has an open path to the basket, he will engage in extra animations that give the CPU defense time to catch up and block the shot attempt. By the way, EVERYONE on the CPU is an awesome shot blocker.
4) In a half-court offense, if my man has an open path to the basket and he is standing still when I pass it to him, the developers see fit to force me to have to reset my left-stick and give the command again for him to move towards the basket. Most times, as soon as I press pass, I can move my stick in a direction and the player will move in that direction as soon as he gets the ball. However, the developers force you to reset if he has an open path to the basket.
5) At times, when passing to someone moving away from you and they are by the 3-point line, the developers force that player to move quickly almost to half court to make sure that they are out of position for a shot.

2K: STOP PUTTING THESE CHEATS IN THE $#$%%ING GAME!

It is so annoying when the computer has to resort to cheating to beat you. I was hoping with a new game engine this would change. Apparently they brought over all the CPU cheese and cheating code and then added some new wrinkles.

You guys notice any cheese? Please post in this thread because I am tired of this and I think that it is time we call them out for this crap. Not even FIFA 14 on Xbox One has this level of cheese in it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Next Gen CPU Cheese/Cheating Is Amazing!

I agree with all of this and it wasn't like this the first few days after launch
Old 11-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
MVP

ltw0303cavs's Arena

OVR: 10

It also seems ratings are not even figured into this game, how many times has John Lucas or Sasha Vujacic become Michael Jordan, I thing the rhythm thing needs to be toned down
Old 11-29-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

This is the truth. Especially in MyTeam. It's impossible to stop the CPU from scoring. The only way I'm able to win is to just go nuts on offense.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #5
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I see these issues mostly all star and above....

Pro/default though? The CPU basically rolls over...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

Not true at all, I was just playing pro default and I couldn't even get by a backup center with Russell Westbrook on a fastbreak, just bounced off of him. And all of the above happens as described on pro default
Old 11-29-2013, 08:24 PM   #7
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

I'll agree with everyone else on this one. I've"quit" in the 4th quarter of the same game 4x today alone, just to see how it'd play out. Same results. Cheese like I've never seen. Each game played out nearly identical. I keep it close or lead til late in the 3rd, early 4th when the opposing team pulls this ridiculousness.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:31 PM   #8
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
Not true at all, I was just playing pro default and I couldn't even get by a backup center with Russell Westbrook on a fastbreak, just bounced off of him. And all of the above happens as described on pro default
This has been a problem for years. Every year players come out and say how its been fixed, but at this early stage Im yet to notice a big enough gap in speed.

Having said that, I played a full game where all I did was iso Westbrook on defenders and used the right stick to try and get by and I was very happy with the results.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »