Home

MyPlayer creation options

This is a discussion on MyPlayer creation options within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10
Question MyPlayer creation options

I remember in NBA2K13 (PS3) you could design your MyPlayer to the most minute details, such as controlling sliders that adjust your head, nose, ear shape, etc.

Did next-gen NBA2K14 remove this functionality??? One of my favorite things about the last year's game was that I could make MyPlayer look incredibly close to myself. Am I missing something in the game options???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
Rookie

godylla's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MyPlayer creation options

To my knowledge they have. They only give you the 23 preset heads/faces as far as I can find. Kind of frustrating with the lack of customization on PS4/X1.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #3
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Ahh man, that sucks. Looks like I'll be doing more playing with real NBA rosters and not so much MyPlayer. I loved being able to play as someone fully modeled after myself...not just some lukewarm lookalike...
Old 12-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

The lack of customization is exacerbated by the fact that the presets are awful.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
Kyy
Rookie

Kyy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastradamus
The lack of customization is exacerbated by the fact that the presets are awful.
This entirely. All the presets are is a bunch of stereotypical features of each race. Take for example the larger lips in the African choices, the smaller eyes in the Asian selections, etc.

I managed to get past this crappy preset system with the beauty of the game and the gameplay (to some degree). When you're not getting beta like bugs this game can be extremely fun. Oh well, that's first gen for ya.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #6
Rookie

I'd like to imagine that the lack of customization is perhaps to account for heavy rendering since the graphics are so sharp? Then again, I'm probably wrong. I'd like to hear the devs' reasoning behind it.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #7
Kyy
Rookie

Kyy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmangoUnchained
I'd like to imagine that the lack of customization is perhaps to account for heavy rendering since the graphics are so sharp? Then again, I'm probably wrong. I'd like to hear the devs' reasoning behind it.
In all honesty the reasoning just like a lack of content in other departments I think is because they had to rush a first gen title out. They spent so much time in the graphics and presentation area that I highly doubt they had enough time to add in all the things that made the game 2k.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had to do this game from the ground up. Next years title will be better I bet.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyy
In all honesty the reasoning just like a lack of content in other departments I think is because they had to rush a first gen title out. They spent so much time in the graphics and presentation area that I highly doubt they had enough time to add in all the things that made the game 2k.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had to do this game from the ground up. Next years title will be better I bet.
They also said they had two dev teams. One working on current and one on next. I sure hope 2k15 is better. They better hope so as well.

Follow me on Twitter!
Http://twitter.com/cantrellchad

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »