Home

NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #113
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
You can easily get 20-30k VC just off simming in MyGM and its really your choice to buy it or not nobody is forcing you to press X on purchase
Quote:
I did it in only a couple of hours was not hard at all it gets boring but oh well
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
To clarify, your solution for consumers wishing to earn enough virtual currency to fully enjoy their purchased product is to "easily" spend multiple hours of banality in an attempt to game the game?
Quote:
Did i say you have to simulate it? play it if you want and earn more
Quote:
That's my fault. I didn't understand that you meant you could earn 30,000 virtual coins by actually just playing the games in your MyGM for a few hours without any simming. That seems kind of crazy. How did you pull that off?
Quote:
wow...i said in a few hours as in say anywhere from 6-12 you can earn 30k off simulating it alone if you complete the goals which are not hard to do

if you want to play 25-30 games for that 30k VC go ahead im not doing that
Now I'm thoroughly confused. First you said earning 30,000 would require some easy simming. Then you stated it'd take a few hours of simming. And then you said it didn't take simming. But now you're saying it not only takes simming, but 6-12 hours worth?
Old 12-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #114
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Are you exiting every 2 seasons and starting over? if you continue onto 2016 and on you won't get anything
I reset every season and it still have moments when you don't get anything. Going through 2 seasons will take to much time because you have to manage offseason duties which don't even earn you anything. I quit when I have to release Beasley and get my 100VC and quit.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #115
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
I reset every season and it still have moments when you don't get anything. Going through 2 seasons will take to much time because you have to manage offseason duties which don't even earn you anything. I quit when I have to release Beasley and get my 100VC and quit.
Weird i don't have that problem until i go after season 2 i always put Beasley at the 3 starting and Lebron at the 4 i rather have him happy and Battier pissed off ..

Player's moods need to honestly go every single role player gets pissed off when they're not starting over stars
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #116
Rookie

godylla's Arena

OVR: 4

I think the amount of VC for some things is ridiculous. But I think if 2K did promotions like COD does (at least they used to) with having 2x VC weekends or making the amounts you win using the app (picking games and envelopes) worth more VC, it would be easier to deal with how you have to spend VC in MYGM.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #117
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Now I'm thoroughly confused. First you said earning 30,000 would require some easy simming. Then you stated it'd take a few hours of simming. And then you said it didn't take simming. But now you're saying it not only takes simming, but 6-12 hours worth?
omg..

You can simulate MyGM for a couple of hours im not sure exactly how long it takes because i don't keep a time limit unfortunately for you and you can get up to 30k i've done it a few times already but it gets boring after a while.

Or you can go play 20-30 games and earn the same amount and go through all the unrealistic rosters for the same amount

What don't you understand?
Old 12-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #118
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
I think the amount of VC for some things is ridiculous. But I think if 2K did promotions like COD does (at least they used to) with having 2x VC weekends or making the amounts you win using the app (picking games and envelopes) worth more VC, it would be easier to deal with how you have to spend VC in MYGM.
If you go on 2k today they put 30% off bobcats gear thats the only thing they'll do
Old 12-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #119
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I'm happy to see this article on Operation Sports. The VC system in NBA 2K14 (next gen) ruined the game for me. NBA 2K14 was the PS4 game I wanted most before launch and I even shelled out an extra $30 on the first day to unlock all the features I wanted to use right away. Then, the more I played, the more disappointed I was in everything missing from the final product (e.g., Cheerleaders, people moving in the stands, warm ups, non-unified slider settings, etc.).

The final straw was when I went to play My GM and got a message telling me I couldn't play my single-player Association because I couldn't connect to the 2K server. That was it. I was done. The game went back to where I purchased it defective. I understood I would be able to play the game offline and that's just not the case. Add in the bugs and all the missing features, and my disappointment is off the charts.

Even though I've been a huge 2K fan for years, NBA 2K14 is the last game I'm giving a chance until offline single-player returns and the overall quality of the product increases.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #120
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

#GetRidOfVC2013

Unless you are using the revenue to buy the College Hoops license back. But if not..

#GetRidOfVC2013
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »