Home

Fixing NBA 2K14 Next-Gen

This is a discussion on Fixing NBA 2K14 Next-Gen within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2013, 06:36 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
1. Let USERs save to Hard Drive

2. FIX CPU Logic in Association(Contract and Trade Logic)

3. CAP(Create A Player) system in ALL Game Modes and FIX 2k Share GLITCH

4. FULL Editing available for Draft Classes(Deeper Scouting as well, maybe scout 2 classes at a time for FUTURE Drafts)

5. BRING Back Association Options. 30 Team USER Control being MAIN thing, also option to Simulate Games

6. Let USERs NOT have to be connected to the Internet to be able to Edit Rosters or Play Game Modes. Not everyone has Great Internet Connection.

7. CAT(Create A TEAM) feature ADDED BACK and fix 2k Share GLITCH

8. Get ALL players into the game that have signed Contract or Played in NBA in the last 18 months.

9. Bring Back D-League

10. Add Back HOT Spots and ISOLATION Tendencies.

11. Fix On-Line so USERs can USE Custom Rosters and Sliders

12. Fix 2k Server Issues

13. Full Playbook Editing and Testing Capabilities and REMOVAL of Broken Plays BRING Back TESTING in Practice MODE

14. Explanation of What Each Attribute, Tendency, Slider, Coaching Profile EFFECT in Gameplay and Sim Stats

15. Work on CPU AI in ALL Game Modes

16. ADD Back Defensive Settings

17. For MY GM Mode: The ability to intervene in games, Manual injury system

18. Add in REAL Life Trading of Draft Picks(ability to Protect Lottery picks,etc)

19. Making COACHING hirings and firings more important. Let us Sign Assistant Coaches from other teams OR Promote Our OWN Assistant Coaches.

20. Create a Coach Option

21. Fix Free Throw Shooting as far as having guys who SUCK at shooting them go 9/10 almost every game

22. If you ADD a game Mode(MyGM, My Player,etc) make sure they work. Put in the time to make each USERs Experience Unique. Too much GENERIC stuff.

23. Expand the TOTAL SIM CONTROL options. Lots of Potential

24. Remove Virtual Currency(VC). We already pay enough for game without having to PAY just to be able to be able to play Modes or Execute Options BUILT INTO the Game.

25. EXPAND Sig Shots(Shot, Layup, Dribbling) to give MORE Authentic Player Abilities on the Court

26. For My Career: Better CPU Draft Logic, More Options in Player Customization, Bring back Option to simulate games

27. Bring Back CREW MODE

28. TAKE OUT AUTO SAVE. No use for it, causes TOO many ISSUES for USERs, that CANT be Undone.

29. Deeper Simulation Mode(meaning you can Sim quarters and play 4th quarter, etc)

30. Get Back to BASKETBALL. Focus on the BASKETBALL element of the game, THEN you can work on all of the EXTRA Modes, Cutaway scenes, adding Celebrity Teams, etc.
What he said...
Old 12-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2
I have no problem with the VC. I have been playing exhibition games and fiddling around with differnent trade scenarios in the MY GM earingn VC along the way. So by the time I do began my MY GM for keeps. I will have enough VC to do anything I please. You guys wine about anything not given to you on a platter. grow up and play the game and earn it.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #51
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Fixing NBA 2K14 Next-Gen

I haven't been aware on Next Gen since I don't have a PS4 so this is the first time I've heard about the VC being used like this. That's just...yeah. The gameplay might be solid and the graphics beautiful, but that's just bordering on game breaking. I didn't mind making VC a must for game modes like My Team or whatever since I stay away completely from it, it but its basically making people grind unnecessarily or baiting them into spending more cash on the game to purchase VC with real money and microtransacting them to hell. Making this system part of an integral franchise mode is unacceptable in my view and if this is the direction 2k will be taking in the future, I'm out for good no matter how bad I might want to play an NBA game.

I decided not to purchase an Xbox One ever because of anti consumer BS like this that Microsoft tried to pull and if this guys think that nickel & diming through the whole game is the way of the future, then forget it. I can live without it.

Last edited by demencia_total; 12-22-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 0
talk about the servers you ****ing 2k fanboy.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #53
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINCANEfan
I have no problem with the VC. I have been playing exhibition games and fiddling around with differnent trade scenarios in the MY GM earingn VC along the way. So by the time I do began my MY GM for keeps. I will have enough VC to do anything I please. You guys wine about anything not given to you on a platter. grow up and play the game and earn it.
It's not about wanting things handed to you. It's about not feeling like you have to resort to a "grind" just to make normal progress in the mode. If VC was rationed out more generously then I'd have no problem with it whatsoever. But as it is, you should NOT be forced to spend an appreciable amount of time playing exhibition games you might not even want to play just to accumulate enough currency to perform fundamental tasks.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:56 AM   #54
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

All they put in this last patch and they couldn't add the ability for us to change our MyPLAYER's number? Man, my player's number changed from 1 to 57 and it looks lame as hell, I absolutely hate how my player looks right now and I' almost considering starting over because of it (and I'm almost through a whole season).

Seriously, the most important thing about your MyPLAYER other than his appearance is his number. Those two things are the most synonymous with what really defines your player on the court (other than his skills of course, but I mean visually). It's embarrassing that I have to run around with a point guard wearing number 57, it just looks absolutely terrible on any NBA player really. Please 2K, it can't be that hard to put this option in this game, a lot of us loyal 2K followers would sincerely appreciate it.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #55
Rookie

Online is HORRIBLE!!!! I guess this is the best they can do. It basically takes this aspect of the game away. I can't adjust to the horrible lag I don't know how these other people are doing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Imagine if NBA 2K11 was released on PS4 with all the content that it had and no VC. Can you just imagine the perfect video game! With those graphics. It would have won GAME OF THE YEAR no doubt in my mind.

NBA 2K14, a hot girlfriend who is terrible in bed. Graphics and gameplay are nice but the game modes are watered down and all VC'd.

It is all about making money in todays economy.

I am keeping my PS4 and hopes high, but as soon as EA locks up another exclusive deal with the NFL, I am officially done with videogaming. 27 years old now, and I already had my fun. Good luck next generation with spending mommy and daddy's money.
I would pay top dollar for that ****! Give me updated rosters, graphics, and that same gameplay and I'm happy. I'm sick of all these cannimations and the lack of online lobbies and the lag. We don't even have the option of checking the quality of the connections in quick match. All you can do is flip through the teams quickly to see how fast the game responds. Pathetic!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »