Home

NBA 2k17 - MyPark

This is a discussion on NBA 2k17 - MyPark within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2016, 11:16 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2k17 - MyPark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Word. I already did. This thing taking forever to DL.
Put in rest mode it will make it download faster

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2016, 11:18 AM   #50
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsoGood
Having some of the same "content" as just a year ago is lazy? So they should change every aspect of this game every year? Or this only applies to Park?

I understand this is a job, but I also understand their are time constraints associated with every facet of programming this game. There is also a limited amount of people working on specific things. Have you ever created a 3D model? I have. I'm just asking because the Park is no small scale item that you can just whip up and throw in the game and it's done in a week. I doubt that is how it works.

There is coding associated with each area of the park that tells the game "hey this is a got next spot for 2 v2" and "Player should not go beyond this area" and even "This basket should only count points for this game, being played on this court"... and also much more coding that allows you to access game menus while you are at the park and trigger certain animations.

It doesn't even stop there. If they would have created one new park, then they would have needed to create two new parks and repeated their entire process two more times before getting to a point where they could do some open testing and go back and work out the issues. All of this would take away time and resources from other aspects of gameplay for the Park and maybe even other game modes. Especially since this is tied to Mycareer.

If it was easy I'm sure they would have done it and had yet another thing to tease us with. I play on PC, and I know how to mod and hex edit certain aspects of the game even without tools like Cheat Engine. Still I find this game has a hell of a lot files to go through and test before I can get the result I am looking for.

Well anyway. I respect your right to voice your opinion.
Are you serious? I'm a programmer, graduated with a BS in Computer Science so don't try and explain the specifics of coding to me. The coding for each specific park and each court is already there. We are simply talking about visual changes and implementing the code that is already in place.

To help better illustrate. If they were to remove the animated 3D object of a tree, would the whole park need to be recoded? Let's go even further, let's remove all the trees? Still needed to be recoded? Let's go even further, let's remove all scenery including the buildings, grass, sky, etc. What is left? The park with no scenery (would be a fluorescent/white background). Would it still function the same? Yes.

We are merely talking about creating 3D objects and scenery and putting them into the game. The code for how the park functions is already there.

Last edited by Jhawkfootball06; 09-08-2016 at 11:21 AM.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:26 AM   #51
Pro

OVR: 0

Visual changes need coding changes too? New to me I guess SMH. I do see this as a sign of 2k being lazy or doing something knowing they're going to get away with it. It happened in 2k16 with the same sigs, jump shots clothes etc. 17 is no different in certain aspects. Same hairstyles, same parks etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2016, 11:35 AM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawkfootball06
Are you serious? I'm a programmer, graduated with a BS in Computer Science so don't try and explain the specifics of coding to me. The coding for each specific park and each court is already there. We are simply talking about visual changes and implementing the code that is already in place.

To help better illustrate. If they were to remove the animated 3D object of a tree, would the whole park need to be recoded? Let's go even further, let's remove all the trees? Still needed to be recoded? Let's go even further, let's remove all scenery including the buildings, grass, sky, etc. What is left? The park with no scenery (would be a fluorescent/white background). Would it still function the same? Yes.

We are merely talking about creating 3D objects and scenery and putting them into the game. The code for how the park functions is already there.

I'm not trying to direct my frustration at you. The word "lazy" is just very dissmissive. And thank u for clarifying you were referring to 3D objects and scenery only. I got carried away. But if u want change of scenery, didn't one of the released articles say we can customize up to 3 different MyCourts?
Old 09-08-2016, 11:38 AM   #53
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

Did anyone else see the college store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2016, 11:41 AM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsoGood
Having some of the same "content" as just a year ago is lazy? So they should change every aspect of this game every year? Or this only applies to Park?

I understand this is a job, but I also understand their are time constraints associated with every facet of programming this game. There is also a limited amount of people working on specific things. Have you ever created a 3D model? I have. I'm just asking because the Park is no small scale item that you can just whip up and throw in the game and it's done in a week. I doubt that is how it works.

There is coding associated with each area of the park that tells the game "hey this is a got next spot for 2 v2" and "Player should not go beyond this area" and even "This basket should only count points for this game, being played on this court"... and also much more coding that allows you to access game menus while you are at the park and trigger certain animations.

It doesn't even stop there. If they would have created one new park, then they would have needed to create two new parks and repeated their entire process two more times before getting to a point where they could do some open testing and go back and work out the issues. All of this would take away time and resources from other aspects of gameplay for the Park and maybe even other game modes. Especially since this is tied to Mycareer.

If it was easy I'm sure they would have done it and had yet another thing to tease us with. I play on PC, and I know how to mod and hex edit certain aspects of the game even without tools like Cheat Engine. Still I find this game has a hell of a lot files to go through and test before I can get the result I am looking for.

Well anyway. I respect your right to voice your opinion.
No one is saying that it is easy. But i don't want you making excuses for them either.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:43 AM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawkfootball06

Tell him! I miss those cardboard cars driving by in 2k15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2016, 11:48 AM   #56
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Was trying to see the clothes but this guy was moving too fast.

What clothes you wanted to see I will show you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »