Home

The leniency ends now (Please read, permanent bans have been approved)

This is a discussion on The leniency ends now (Please read, permanent bans have been approved) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2016, 10:17 PM   #57
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: The leniency ends now (Please read, permanent bans have been approved)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
I'm tired of seeing dumb threads or comments from ppl. Sometimes ppl's negative energy can make you not want to go to certain areas on OS or even post.
I used to feel the same way as I wouldn't venture into a certain forum because I didn't want to see/wade thru junk...but Mill changed my line of thinking.

The ample devs on OS come here because it's a place to good feedback while we came to OS because we want mature discussion about the games we play. If everybody felt like I did and you do now, there would be no good people posting in the forum. It NEEDS good influences and quality posters who truly want the game to improve.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.

Last edited by Speedy; 09-13-2016 at 10:20 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:38 AM   #58
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm seeing some well targeted bans the last couple of days where guys take two or three comments to be obnoxious jerks who stir up personality conflicts and then. . . boom.

Liking the moderation and clean up.

Having differing opinions is fine, but as soon as you make it about personalities and start disrespecting people and then making yourself out to be the victim, you need to go.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:02 AM   #59
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Guys we're not bad people but there is a long road ahead of us and anyone is bound to make mistakes. I should have turned pink three years ago but 23 saved me right before the pink poison got to my vital organs. Not all of us will make it to the end of the year. Always remember that we never hated you and pray for our brothers who turned pink. Amen.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:18 AM   #60
Pro

OVR: 0

I never thought there was leniency here....at all. I always felt the mods here were a little too sensitive at times. I've seen folks get banned by disagreeing with a mod or backing up/supporting an opinion that most people didn't agree with. It's been going on for quite some time now. I think people should be able to post there displeasures with the game. If they feel 2k has dropped the ball or took a lazy approach then it should be voiced. Feedback is needed whether its positive or negative. Definitely keep the flaming and trolling to a minimum though. Hope some changes will be made.

And I thought permanent bans been happening around here? I could've swore 2-3 folks got the permanent boot in this thread in recent months.

Last edited by Korrupted; 09-14-2016 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:34 AM   #61
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
I never thought there was leniency here....at all. I always felt the mods here were a little too sensitive at times. I've seen folks get banned by disagreeing with a mod or backing up/supporting an opinion that most people didn't agree with. It's been going on for quite some time now. I think people should be able to post there displeasures with the game. If they feel 2k has dropped the ball or took a lazy approach then it should be voiced. Feedback is needed whether its positive or negative. Definitely keep the flaming and trolling to a minimum though. Hope some changes will be made.

And I thought permanent bans been happening around here? I could've swore 2-3 folks got the permanent boot in this thread in recent months.
The problem with how you lay it out is, as soon as you say "lazy," you're not talking about the game, or how it falls short, but about the people who make the game, and their character.

That's the line not to cross. The same line applies to us as commenters: if someone goes after you or me based on character or personality (or what they assume about us, since they don't know us), then they are out of line.

I get that a lot of people don't really have experience making the distinction between critiquing performance and product versus critiquing people, but if they're going be able to make their points here, they need to learn.

Last night I criticized 2k for not providing in depth game play AI blog info the way they did last year. This week I expressed disappointment/frustration for not including some updates to MyLeague/MyGM that were well discussed in last year's wish list thread but not touched this year. I had these interactions directly with 2k employees, but I did it respectfully and fully recognizing all the very hard and excellent work they do with this game.

It can be done. Moderating the forum does not mean everything people say has to be cheerleading.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 09-14-2016 at 01:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 04:31 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 10

The biggest problems in the 2k forums in my op was

1. Complaining about complainers - guys who think that their opinions matter more than others complaining and downing a thread bc a guy posts a thread about accessory colors or whatever and just bc they don't think its important they make sure they COMMENT something sarcastic to get a cosign to try and derail a persons constructive criticism smh.

2. Guys who think their opinions matter more than others........I may have said that already...........

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 09-14-2016 at 04:33 PM.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:48 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 0
Talking Re: The leniency ends now (Please read, permanent bans have been approved)

I've beeen lurking the forums for awhile and realized how bad the 2k community can be. But, all communities are like that. I admit I can be a dick alot of times, but I respect everyone's opinion, and the devs. I still think perma banning just cause someone calls a dev lazy is a little harsh because people talk out of frustration all the time. But hey, if it cleans up the forums let it be. I'M just glad this site is nowhere near the disgrace that 2k youtube community is
Old 09-15-2016, 07:29 AM   #64
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhead23
I've beeen lurking the forums for awhile and realized how bad the 2k community can be. But, all communities are like that. I admit I can be a dick alot of times, but I respect everyone's opinion, and the devs. I still think perma banning just cause someone calls a dev lazy is a little harsh because people talk out of frustration all the time. But hey, if it cleans up the forums let it be. I'M just glad this site is nowhere near the disgrace that 2k youtube community is
Most of the time people aren't getting banned just because they call 2k lazy, it's because of their repeated bashing, invading threads with their own agendas, and other things that is against policy. Not being constructive with their criticism is a biggie.

And all it takes is one person to report a post and the moderators and Millenium will look at that offender's posting history and then make their determination if it was just a "bad day" or if the user is blatantly and repeatedly trying to start stuff, etc. But yea there's that possibility that if the offense was bad enough, they might perm ban on first offense.

And even if they are banned, they can appeal it and Mill will listen. He's pretty fair about it.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 09-15-2016 at 07:34 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »