Home

NBA 2K17 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Impressions Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2016, 02:09 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K17 Impressions Thread

So far so good!

Really came here to say I hope they add the signature dunk packages from myplayer into edit player. Will say im a big fan of the simple hotzone edit function!

But sadly, not all the options available for myPlayer are in edit mode(yet)

Also like how a very select few have the new HoF badges
Steph-hof limitless
Drummond-hof putbacks
Kyrie-hof anklebreakers
Lebron-hof chasedown
Cp3- hof pnr maestro
DJ-hof pnr roller

Even classic VC has hof posterizer

Haha, then theres MJ with a minimum of 6 hof badges

Last edited by 2k10Fonzarelli; 09-16-2016 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:14 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Update your game (reboot or head back to the main menu if you have the 'Update Available' box blocking your screen) and let me know if you are still having issues turboing.
yes im still having issues it shows up randomly all the fn time for 3 straight years there is never no update to be found
Old 09-16-2016, 02:15 PM   #75
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSsTOwN
I can see the layup up meter being very controversial inclusion.

Sometimes you can't see the meter sometimes, sometimes you think your guy is going for a dunk and instead goes for a layup.

The "SKILL" is not in pressing a button and releasing it, you can train animals to do that at the right time. The SKILL comes from reading the defense , getting by your man, calling and making the right play, taking advantage of mismatches etc...

I like to play with out meters so i can just watch the basketball and not meters. I going to go into practice and see if the geen/near green jump shot releases is still at the top of the jump for players.
I think it's just difficult for people right now because we never had to worry about it in the past. It might not be bad once people get use to the timing as well as learn the new animations. I've had so mixed success with it. There were instances where my timing was off and I still made layups. I remember an and one in particular with Lebron where my timing was definitely off but he still finish I'm assuming because of his rating.

There is also the option to shut off the meter, so it doesn't display, and turn shooting to field goal% instead of user timing. This should be great for offline players that aren't into the timing but I don't think this is an option for online games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 02:30 PM   #76
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Quote:

Sometimes you can't see the meter sometimes, sometimes you think your guy is going for a dunk and instead goes for a layup.

The "SKILL" is not in pressing a button and releasing it, you can train animals to do that at the right time. The SKILL comes from reading the defense , getting by your man, calling and making the right play, taking advantage of mismatches etc...

I like to play with out meters so i can just watch the basketball and not meters. I going to go into practice and see if the geen/near green jump shot releases is still at the top of the jump for players.

This is why I just remove the shot meter and leave on feedback.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:34 PM   #77
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

We could say the same about jumpshots then. I like the mechanic just take some getting used to. Playing without the meter though, I wish the timing was more consistant to the animation that's playing out.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:38 PM   #78
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
We could say the same about jumpshots then. I like the mechanic just take some getting used to. Playing without the meter though, I wish the timing was more consistant to the animation that's playing out.
For layups, you don't have to watch the meter. Just release the stick/button slightly after you see your player take off.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:46 PM   #79
Pro

OVR: 10

I'm also having trouble with the meter on layups. Over the past two years I've gotten very used to watching the meter on shots and then glancing to the upper right for my feedback, but with layups I'd always just kind of hold the stick or square button until the animation let go of the ball. Now that there's a meter there, I'm finding that the game expects me to release the shot sometimes long before the player himself releases it (but I'm not noticing the player releasing the ball earlier if I release the button far too early) and it's messing me up.

But I've always been rough with the timing, usually too early with shots and now too late on layups. Plus I agree the layup meter is often obscured by bodies when you're in the paint unless you're crashing off a perfect screen.

Still, I like this inclusion, it's a neat idea to include some kind of skill in the layup gmaeplay.

I'm honestly finding the stick angle stuff harder to get used to because I'm so used to pushing the right stick in whatever direction my player was already going, it just feels natural to me even though it likely isn't ever how the game was intended to be played.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:48 PM   #80
Rookie

minwager's Arena

Almost every posession is a foul and 2 FT's.

And for some reason in mycareer i brick half my free throws slightly early and green directional aim with 86 ft rating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »