Home

NBA 2K17 Freelance Offense Community Wiki

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Freelance Offense Community Wiki within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2016, 09:31 PM   #33
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NBA 2K17 Freelance Offense Community Wiki

The 7 seconds set seems real nice. I ran it in practice and its a set that goes immediately into quick plays. Great set if you're behind and need some shot attempts.

One thing I'm strugling to see is the sets stick. After a switch in possesion you team seems to go back to its default set,

On another note, In my coach settings I set my help on and I've used nothing but soft hedges as instructed in one vid and I saw a nice drop in wide open players from defensive breakdowns. Just testing stuff out.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:47 AM   #34
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I was using Dribble Drive Motion last night with the Bucks online....3-1 with them. It's a very "fun". But can be hard if you don't know how to use the dribble moves. It opens up a ton of space on the floor for shooter (especially in the corner).
Old 09-27-2016, 12:14 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

In 2k16, the hawks freelance had a backscreen that would lead to a possible alley oop. Now this screen leads to a corner shot, instead of them cutting to the hoop.

Has anyone found a good freelance that leads to alley oop looks? I'm a huge fan of throwing oops if you can't tell.

The pace freelance has a branch that can generate them btw. The branch comes from the wing, where there is a double screen. So far, that's the only decent one I have found.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 03:47 AM   #36
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangiac
In 2k16, the hawks freelance had a backscreen that would lead to a possible alley oop. Now this screen leads to a corner shot, instead of them cutting to the hoop.

Has anyone found a good freelance that leads to alley oop looks? I'm a huge fan of throwing oops if you can't tell.

The pace freelance has a branch that can generate them btw. The branch comes from the wing, where there is a double screen. So far, that's the only decent one I have found.
I would like to know this as well. I have derozan, Ross and mclemore itching for some oops.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:16 AM   #37
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

I've only tried to use 4 out 1 in, Triangle, and Knicks and the actions take forever to trigger so far. Plus last years knicks version of triangle is not in. It's more of the traditional triangle.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 09-28-2016, 09:05 AM   #38
Rookie

Matt_1979's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
I've only tried to use 4 out 1 in, Triangle, and Knicks and the actions take forever to trigger so far. Plus last years knicks version of triangle is not in. It's more of the traditional triangle.
I was about to post the same thing. The only one ive used where actions trigger quite quickly is the Pace/Motion.

Also i was a fan of the 3-2 Fist last year with the double screen on the wings but that isn't there anymore from what i can see. I did really well in MyTeam with Gobert and Favours lasy year but this time i cant find a "2 In" freelance i like.

Also, just on general playbooks i've tried using the Hawks playbook online and cant get any of the trigger points for any plays.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:59 AM   #39
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_1979
I was about to post the same thing. The only one ive used where actions trigger quite quickly is the Pace/Motion.

Also i was a fan of the 3-2 Fist last year with the double screen on the wings but that isn't there anymore from what i can see. I did really well in MyTeam with Gobert and Favours lasy year but this time i cant find a "2 In" freelance i like.

Also, just on general playbooks i've tried using the Hawks playbook online and cant get any of the trigger points for any plays.

Yeah I've tried standing in different spots, holding for a few seconds and nothing will trigger. I've tried freelance, scoring actions, and space the floor. Last years freelance was really nice. I could get any action I wanted. Now with 17 im just standing around left to Iso or call manual screen and roll.

Out of triangle/Knicks, The pinch post action is the only one that will trigger fairly consistently. And there is no post split action like there was in 16 which I'd be surprised if Hornacek didn't include this year. Hopefully Czar updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 09-28-2016, 10:39 AM   #40
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Just had a look at the Clippers freestyle. It's not very good. It takes a while to trigger sometimes and has the 4 coming off an off ball scrren at the arc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »