Home

NBA 2K17 Teach Me How/Strategy Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Teach Me How/Strategy Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 12:38 AM   #73
MVP

Sports fanantic's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K17 Teach Me How/Strategy Thread

Is there like some type of lag input when shooting or defending on the park mode? i seem to have trouble staying with my man on the defensive end and having difficulty shooting (or even making a simple layup)

2010, 2012, & 2014 World Series Champion

Oakland A's

2012 & 2013 AL West Champion

Golden State Warriors

2015 NBA Champion

Oakland Raiders

Just Win Baby
Old 09-19-2016, 05:36 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

Putback Dunks or Tips...please help! I literally wasn't able to do one for the whole year of 2k16 and nothing so far in 2k17. My player is a glass-cleaner and I have the gold putback badge (just from doing OREBs and normal standing dunks/layups). Seriously though...I haven't done a single putback and can't ever seem to get it right
Old 09-19-2016, 05:47 AM   #75
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snah
Putback Dunks or Tips...please help! I literally wasn't able to do one for the whole year of 2k16 and nothing so far in 2k17. My player is a glass-cleaner and I have the gold putback badge (just from doing OREBs and normal standing dunks/layups). Seriously though...I haven't done a single putback and can't ever seem to get it right
It's turbo + square. Do you do that or triangle ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 05:50 AM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
It's turbo + square. Do you do that or triangle ?
Well yes, I know the control in theory. Triangle is rebound, square is for putback. I have great rebounding in general. I got lots of 10+ REB games in the park last year and this year I'm averaging over 18 REB/game in career. Just can't ever get a putback...like ever lol
Old 09-19-2016, 06:45 AM   #77
Rookie

Can someone explain the protected pick trades to me, please? What is better for me to receive, such as a top 3 protected pick, does this mean I keep it if its in the top 3, OR outside the top 3?
And what happens with the receive best/worst picks?
Old 09-19-2016, 07:00 AM   #78
Rookie

Have they removed the triangle offense?

Last edited by MysticPeak; 09-19-2016 at 07:04 AM.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:34 AM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxongirl
I hope this is the right thread for my question. Since I can't open a new thread I'll ask here.

In NBA 2k16 you were able to set a gameplan for your team in terms of offensive rebounding, defensive rebounding, running the fast break and so on. I can not seem to find that anymore. Is it still available? If not is there a possibility to gameplan those details any other way?

I'm also a bit confused by the lack of a sim slider. Now I have read that 2k decided to forego that. I'd very much like to have my old gameplay experience back in terms of it feeling less like an Allstar Weekend. Would anybody be able to provide me with the slider sets for Allstar and Superstar Sim from 2k16 for user and cpu? I'd really appreciate that as I don't have enough space on my hard drive to have both games installed at the same time.

I'm also looking for a well balanced playbook. I favour pick and rolls and screen action along with a good amount of pick and pops and corner 3's or at least some sets that alow for a good high percentage 3 point shot. I'm not much for isolation, in fact I don't want any isolation sets whatsoever (which is fine since I know I can simply change it in the player assignement menu). I ran best last year with the Milwaukee Bucks Pick and Roll heavy playbook and sometimes with the Mavs. I do like to push the ball as well and generally play more gritty defense. I don't mind mixing and matching playbooks but if someone who has a better grasp of playbooks could maybe give me some advice I would be grateful.

Thank you.
I'd like to bump my questions... I still wasn't able to get an answer.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:40 AM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopie54
Can someone explain the protected pick trades to me, please? What is better for me to receive, such as a top 3 protected pick, does this mean I keep it if its in the top 3, OR outside the top 3?
And what happens with the receive best/worst picks?
Receiving a top 3 protected pick would mean that you would receive the pick if it lands outside of the top 3 (so 4-30). If it lands in the top 3, then the team trading the original pick, would retain its rights, and you would receive their 1st round pick in the following years draft, without any protection. The protection is for the team trading away the pick, not the team receiving it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »