Home

NBA 2K17 Defensive Settings Community Wiki

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Defensive Settings Community Wiki within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2017, 12:34 AM   #425
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Defensive Settings Community Wiki

You should have Iggy set to "Gap" on-ball and off-ball, and have everyone else (or everyone else you don't want to leave open) set to Deny off-ball and whatever your on-ball preference is (likely Smother for Curry and Klay, rest is a toss up).

I can tell you from experience that setting a player to Deny off the ball is probably the best way to keep his defender from trying to help and leaving him open off the ball. At the same time, though, you run the risk of getting beaten backdoor by anyone who's set to Deny off-ball, since they're being guarded so tightly on the perimeter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2017, 04:02 AM   #426
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UravenzownU
When someone is driving fool lol and i got to choose between klay in one corner or iggy in the other

Say u target specifically KD to double when drive, set off-ball sag off to Iggy. If the cpu assign the guy guarding Iggy to help in double, objective accomplished. Else, quickly switch to the guy guarding Iggy to help cover the guy whom the cpu assigned to help in double.

Guess there's no other way other than this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2017, 11:02 AM   #427
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
Say u target specifically KD to double when drive, set off-ball sag off to Iggy. If the cpu assign the guy guarding Iggy to help in double, objective accomplished. Else, quickly switch to the guy guarding Iggy to help cover the guy whom the cpu assigned to help in double.
Based on what I've seen, if you have literally everyone other than a single player set to Deny off-ball, your team will only use that player's defender to double-team.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:28 PM   #428
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Im playing a franchise wit my Spurs, how do i stop my players from randomly running back on defense and staying in the paint leaving their man open at the 3pt line. Mainly Leonard & Green do this after a missed shot by the cpu.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:10 AM   #429
Rookie

Totalpackage83's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri

Guess there's no other way other than this.

Anytime I play GSW I set Steph, and Klay to "No Help under the "Help Rules. I've conceded that KD will get his most of the time anyway but if you can kick up Steph and Klay you can take it home. Draymond and Iggy are really no offensive threats. Neither is Zaza or McGee if you body up dowb low
Old 07-18-2017, 04:22 AM   #430
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totalpackage83
Anytime I play GSW I set Steph, and Klay to "No Help under the "Help Rules. I've conceded that KD will get his most of the time anyway but if you can kick up Steph and Klay you can take it home. Draymond and Iggy are really no offensive threats. Neither is Zaza or McGee if you body up dowb low

I was burned by cpu gsw pnr and crazy out of range 3s numerous times. And I cant understand how the experts here manage to beat them with no sweat.

I recently found a way to "cheat" the cpu, see if u find it helpful. I will set smother (on-ball), hard hedge and go over so the on ball defender will stick as close as possible to the shooters like Step. Once they dribble past the screen, my screened man defender will double up to catch the dribbler. I will switch to this defender to take "charge". The cpu, sometimes will drive towards him and commit a charge, sometimes will try to avoid the charge. If they do so, my on ball defender will be able to catch up with his man in time. Without a clear opening in the driving lane, I notice the weak side help were not triggered.

Draymond - his 3s were deadly. I play on custom HoF sliders.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:04 PM   #431
Rookie

AllDayEveryDay24's Arena

anybody tried leaving defensive settings on auto?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2017, 07:01 PM   #432
Pro

JoFri's Arena

NBA 2K17 Defensive Settings Community Wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllDayEveryDay24;
anybody tried leaving defensive settings on auto?

Yes and work for me most of the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »