Home

Defense needs to be the MAIN focus of development in NBA2K18

This is a discussion on Defense needs to be the MAIN focus of development in NBA2K18 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2017, 08:07 PM   #17
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Defense needs to be the MAIN focus of development in NBA2K18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
If they did focus on defence, then within a couple of weeks there'd be a patch to correct it. 2k16 park at the start of the game was good for defence, and they soon stopped it when the tweets complaining came rolling in.
Park isn't a good basis for comparison because it's only 3on3 and everyone controls a player, that is more about the bumpy on ball sticking defense, not what we're really talking about here.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:49 AM   #18
Rookie

If defense is their number one focus, then I believe online connectivity/Matchmaking should be right there with it. No point in playing defense if you can't even connect to their servers without fear of getting kicked to the main menu and staring at "Insert future cover athletes" face.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:44 AM   #19
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Man get outta here with that online talk. This is a thread concerning GAMEPLAY and I totally agree that defense needs a overhaul.

Go start another thread about online and go there and make yourself heard. No need to derail a thread....

On TOPIC: I created a thread a while back concerning about that auto back pedal that really hinders defensive guys movement. They really need to have free movement like an offensive player without doing a damn backpedal animation automatically. Most of the time you end up doing a backpedal and turning around with your defensive play is a very slow process.

Last edited by Goffs; 01-29-2017 at 06:53 AM.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:50 AM   #20
Rookie

listen no one was trying to derail a thread. I actually agree with all of you on here . You should watch how you react to people...that's not cool. If I were to do that to you, how would you feel? I already spoke in detail in my thread that defense should be the number one game play aspect that needs to be addressed/overhauled moving forward in a thread I created last week. No need to be rude my guy.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ate-union.html
Old 01-29-2017, 06:59 AM   #21
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

All it takes is one mention of online then boom thread is derailed with other guys chiming in. Been here LONG enough to see a good thread go down because one guy always wants to be heard.

Again ON TOPIC: They need to get rid of that defensive help slider. I think something in that slider messes with the movement even if you have the slider set at zero.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2017, 07:04 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Man get outta here with that online talk. This is a thread concerning GAMEPLAY and I totally agree that defense needs a overhaul.

Go start another thread about online and go there and make yourself heard. No need to derail a thread....

On TOPIC: I created a thread a while back concerning about that auto back pedal that really hinders defensive guys movement. They really need to have free movement like an offensive player without doing a damn backpedal animation automatically. Most of the time you end up doing a backpedal and turning around with your defensive play is a very slow process.
I just want to ask you one question. How can you effectively guard your man on a consistent basis, when you can't rely on the game to run smooth online? Granted that being offline you'll have no latency issues, but to dismiss those of us who choose to play online as less deserving of enjoying the same experience as those who choose to stay offline would be an egregious oversight on your part.

I totally understand the frustration we all go through when trying to play this game. Trust me, playing defense in an online setting where every split decision matters means just as much to most online gamers as slow back pedaling animations matter to offline gamers. We're in the same sinking ship my friend.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:13 AM   #23
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

Easy I don't care about ONLINE. If I wanted to talk online I would venture to a thread about online on which I won't because online to me is a cancerous place to play. NBA2k is the only game that makes my blood boil when playing and no other game does that. So yeah gameplay will always be what I want fixed. Especially if it's about DEFENSE.

I'm done talking online.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:54 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 3

the game is online as well as offline, so simply mentioning defense does not exclude one mode or the other....technically no one is off topic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »