Home

Classic Teams 2K18!?

This is a discussion on Classic Teams 2K18!? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2017, 07:36 AM   #25
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Classic Teams 2K18!?

Would you guys be upset if 2k was to stop doing the classic teams and instead bring in all time greatest players from each franchises rosters?

Like for example the Lakers would be something like

Magic
Kobe
Worthy
Gasol
Kareem

Bench: Shaq, Van Exel, Divac, etc

Also it would be a way for 2k to bring younger versions of current players back to the series like:

Superman Orlando Magic Dwight
Hornets Chris Paul
Chris Bosh with the Raps
Jason Terry with the Hawks
MVP Derrick Rose with the Bulls
Ron Artest on the Pacers and many more.

Maybe even get people who 2k haven't been able to get outside of My Team like Chris Webber, Grant Hill and Jason Kidd on their respective rosters.

Don't get me wrong I love having the actual teams but at the same time it just seems that certain teams haven't been able to get in due to this or that guy not getting a deal done to make the team worth having in. The 2009 Lakers for example isn't in 2k17 and I'd guess that its due to them not getting a deal done with Fisher, Odom and Bynum. That's 3 of that squads starters so of course it wouldn't make sense to move forward without them.

Just a thought.

Last edited by PippenFan; 06-11-2017 at 07:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2017, 11:44 AM   #26
Rookie

That would actually be the ideal way to do classic teams. 32 current teams + 32 classics filled with legends of that franchise.

Maybe Lebron gets to be on the classic Cavs and classic Heat.

If it did happen, it'd also be interesting to see which franchises get which legends. Would OKC have a classic version with Serge-6th man Harden-RWB-MVP KD?
Old 06-11-2017, 12:58 PM   #27
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

Well the OKC franchise hasn't really been around that long so I wouldn't be surprised if 2k just added Durant and Westbrooks younger selves to the Sonics roster like they did with Kobe on the 98 Lakers and Tmac on the 2000 Raptors.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:45 PM   #28
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmatic23
I'm not sure if you guys are aware or been to the roster forums lately, but I have a project that has basically all of those teams in the video. Over 96 Classic Teams on 1 File. Feel free to check it out:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-1-file-6.html
i have it....and it truly is awesome!!! it's probably as close as you can get to the video. you won't need 2K18.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:03 PM   #29
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmatic23
I'm not sure if you guys are aware or been to the roster forums lately, but I have a project that has basically all of those teams in the video. Over 96 Classic Teams on 1 File. Feel free to check it out:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-1-file-6.html
Looks good, but we still need era based filters so there is an immersion. I want to see that vhs image whenever I play a 90s bulls vs rockets matchup. Its only right.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:58 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Classic Teams 2K18 - fan made trailer

It's tough to get everything you want with the classic teams. I love having specific teams on the game like the 94 Knicks or 96 Bulls. I wish in addition we had a pool of players so we could customize teams. I'd put Xavier McDaniel & Mark Jackson on the Knicks & play as the 91 team. I wish some classic teams had more jersey options. I'd love to use the early 90's Sonics jersey. I wish more players had multiple looks like Karl Malone with a full head of hair.

Ultimate teams aren't my thing because I like to play offline franchise with as many classic teams as I can. Having an overpowered team with Magic, Kareem, & Kobe wouldn't do much for me.

The big problem is the longer this goes on, the more teams people will want to be added. I'm an 80's & 90's guy so I'm happy with just those teams. Others favor the teams of the 2000 era. A separate game just for classic NBA would be awesome but I doubt that's happening.

Honestly, I'd be happy with the teams we have if they improved arena atmosphere, signature moves, & body types.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2017, 02:43 AM   #31
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrypotheadd
Classic teams wouldn't be an issue if 2k gave us like 25 Create-A-Team slots & allowed us to create realistic looking players from a photo import (ex:
https://youtu.be/d9KXRbbxRHQ )
Wow that looks amazing. I wonder why it's not in the NBA games yet? Seems simple enough to just copy something from one 2k game to another, no?

But i'm really hoping they add that. It looks way better than most of the legends face scans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2017, 09:37 AM   #32
Rookie

they also need to find some one to do the classic teams in house there at 2k, seems from my knowledge that they have the same dude do all the players and teams and his in mid 20's.

Here on o.s. there are few great retro roster makers that know how to make feel like those players from years past. Guys like hokupguy and Sellaz32 and further back portlandblazer. They have done more with less then who ever is at 2k doing it in house.

Maybe its just the old head in me taking but i think they need someone who was born at least when most of those teams and players played to do them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »