Home

Does this game feel super sluggish to anyone else?

This is a discussion on Does this game feel super sluggish to anyone else? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2017, 06:51 PM   #1
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0
Does this game feel super sluggish to anyone else?

After playing some Pro Am games, everything feels really, really sluggish and slow and hard to control to me. Not only do the players feel like they all have no acceleration or deceleration whatsoever, but there's so much sliding and weight to the players and it feels like my player weighs just about 500 pounds. Anyone else notice this? It's horribly aggravating watching how sluggish things are in such a fast paced game like basketball.

I know people have brought up the fact that animations are really slow which may be the culprit of this, but I haven't seen people talk about the "weight" (in lack of a better word) that the players have. Everything just feels super heavy to me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2017, 09:01 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Does this game feel super sluggish to anyone else?

Oh God YES!!! Thought it was just me or my connection or something lol, but yes the game feels very sluggish and even more delayed at times. I'm talking strictly My park
Old 06-06-2017, 06:13 AM   #3
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

2K online has felt like that for years to me. That's why I quit playing online especially against people from the US. Close to unplayable and certainly not that fun when you have to anticipate all your actions.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:56 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

That sluggish feel is all about connection quality to the servers. Both 2k's and yours make this game unplayable at times.

The worst is sometimes it affects offline gameplay as it does online. It's true i've experienced that since PS4 era started, as everything in the game is connected to the servers. Starting with 2k15 all gone south especially in Europe. As a game who's really passisonate about e-sports and such they still are horrible in terms of servers quality/quantity over in europe and in weekends it's even worse.

I could play much better with PS3 years. It was at least steady now it's all about up and downs and some more...
Old 06-06-2017, 08:56 AM   #5
Pro

Vroman's Arena

I cant name any other modern online game that so laggy/delayed like nba 2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2017, 11:41 AM   #6
Pro

I figured it was the horrible servers but I really questioned whether it was my connection at first. I have really good internet but I installed a new router and everything to try to fix the issue and it didn't help. MyPark is so delayed at times it's ridiculous. Only time it's decent is around 2 AM. 2k16 wasn't even this bad if I remember correctly. SMH
Old 06-06-2017, 02:29 PM   #7
MVP

Default game speed has ALWAYS been too slow imo. I usually have it set around 75.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2017, 02:59 PM   #8
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
Default game speed has ALWAYS been too slow imo. I usually have it set around 75.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I upped the speed as well and found it far more responsive especially the dribbling.

Went back to default sliders for a game and was surprised how slow, clunky and unresponsive the game felt in comparison.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »