Home

2K17 vs 2K18...

This is a discussion on 2K17 vs 2K18... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2017, 09:50 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
2K17 vs 2K18...

Community question:

For someone who does not buy sports games yearly anymore. I don't want to pay full price for games anymore so I skip every 2-3 years now. The last basketball game i bought was 2K15 (I believe it was KD on the cover).

My question is, is 2K17 good enough to hold me over for a couple of years or do you all believe 2K18 will be that great that I should just go ahead and purchase and that hold me over for a 2-3 years?

Kind of contradicting myself but I'm just looking for the better of the two and sit on it for a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2017, 10:00 AM   #2
Rookie

Vic Viper's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K17 vs 2K18...

Quote:
Originally Posted by enyc718
Community question:

For someone who does not buy sports games yearly anymore. I don't want to pay full price for games anymore so I skip every 2-3 years now. The last basketball game i bought was 2K15 (I believe it was KD on the cover).

My question is, is 2K17 good enough to hold me over for a couple of years or do you all believe 2K18 will be that great that I should just go ahead and purchase and that hold me over for a 2-3 years?

Kind of contradicting myself but I'm just looking for the better of the two and sit on it for a while.
I don't think we will see that much of a difference in gameplay. We can expect a couple tweaks here there, new mode and probably a few gameplay changes. If you want a new experience then get NBA 2k18 because I can see 2k17 being extremely cheap upon the release of the new version, or NBA 2k17 being given for free for PS PLUS Members. Do what you feel is right...It's your hard earned money being spent.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:28 AM   #3
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

There's not enough information out to really make a determination. You'd expect 2K18 to be better than 2K17 -- 17 had a rough launch and the multitude of patches it got frustrated many of the player base.

2K18 may suffer from a similar issue, but I would expect it to be smoother.

As far as significant differences go between the two, one immediately comes to mind: jersey patches. Some teams in the NBA will have small jersey patches next season for advertisers. Personally, I HATE it. The lack of sponsors on sports jerseys here in America has been great -- I don't want my teams looking like NASCAR racing suits in a few years.

The NBA will be doing this in limited form till 2020, but many sources believe that it'll expand far beyond that and look much like the Euro sports leagues from that point on.

It's a minor thing and 2K may (wisely) leave it out of the game, because most teams won't be selling retail jerseys with those ads on it. But 2K may not leave it out because they strive to capture IRL NBA stuff.

This article is a good read on it if you're interested.

https://www.racked.com/2017/6/15/156...ba-jerseys-ads

Personally, I'd wait and see what 2K18 has to offer -- it's hitting in September, so more information should be available by August. At that point, the preorders will still be the same price and 2K17 might be cheaper than it is now. It also depends on your play-preference; if you're all about online, than you'll probably want 2K18, as (theoretically) the servers *might* be better.

If you're an offline MyLeague guy, 2K17 has some fantastic rosters for all systems as well as draft classes. Guys really went above and beyond this year with the tools they had (and 2K gave them some pretty good tools). I'd recommend sticking with last year's version if that's the case, at least if you're really into custom rosters.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:27 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

thanks for the feedback. I am on OFF-LINE guy. I'll prolly wait a little bit and make a decision. I'm sure 2K17's price will drop.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:31 PM   #5
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by enyc718
thanks for the feedback. I am on OFF-LINE guy. I'll prolly wait a little bit and make a decision. I'm sure 2K17's price will drop.
If your'e an offline guy, you should be good with buying a discounted copy of 2k17.

I only buy the game each year because the online community dies out on the past games as soon as the new game comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2017, 03:55 AM   #6
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

17 is terrible. Don't waste your money. Get 16 and wait the next 3 months.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:45 AM   #7
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

I'd wait for 2k to get a new game engine, then consider buying that game
Old 06-16-2017, 06:55 AM   #8
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

We don't know anything about 18 yet. Be patient and wait for more information so you can make your own determination

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »