Home

Simulation in 2K18

This is a discussion on Simulation in 2K18 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2017, 10:51 PM   #9
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Simulation in 2K18

I get a Bucks-Warriors finals match-up, the Celtics miss the playoffs EVERY TIME, and the Thunder miss the playoffs half the time.. Im using all SimWorld rosters and sliders and added in every transaction and major injury. It's all simulator BS now.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:18 PM   #10
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
I get a Bucks-Warriors finals match-up, the Celtics miss the playoffs EVERY TIME, and the Thunder miss the playoffs half the time.. Im using all SimWorld rosters and sliders and added in every transaction and major injury. It's all simulator BS now.
90% of the time, the finals is Warriors or Rockets vs. 76ers or Bucks for me.

Celtics rarely make it past the 1st round and OKC always dominates in the regular season and racks up 50+ wins with westbrook as their only really good player
Old 06-20-2017, 04:32 AM   #11
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
Not anymore because Start Today takes you directly to the offseason. You can only import classes at the beginning or mid season. I believe you lose that ability once playoffs start.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Go to prospects scouting and press X/A on one of them, then load/download draft class.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2017, 07:39 AM   #12
Rookie

GetBuckets's Arena

I'm not sure I agree on this one. 2K can definitely throw you some weird *** results from time to time, but in general I think they're pretty accurate. A normal first season for me is Westbrook winning MVP off of a triple double season. Lebron generally takes it if Russ fails to average a triple double. Both the Cavs and the Warriors their respective conferences, generally Cleveland with 50-something wins and Warriors with 60-something wins. Most often they'll match up in the finals with very differing results, always with either KD or Lebron as Finals MVP.

Places where they usually fail to deliver sim-wise is Harden only averaging 8 assists even when moved to point guard, the Bucks and Philly being too dominant too early, the Jazz being a little too good in the playoffs, the Bulls and Knicks occasionally making a run etc. but I can live with those things. It's extremely hard offering a completely realistic sim wile also having room for surprises which is definitely necessary too. I think they found a satisfying balance - it's not perfect, but it could definitely be worse. Main thing on my wishlist is a smarter, more advanced AI in regards to trades, draft picks, contracts etc.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:07 PM   #13
Rookie

Heres what id like to see implimented to solve this. How about having a simulation difficulty slider for each team so you can set them individually. Then you could say set it to 20 for the GSW and 80 for the Nets type thing to keep things looking realistic. And for sim stats they could add sliders for things like assist leaders etc and you could scale up or down what kinda ranges you see out of the sim engine. Not sure how feasible adding these in are, but just my 2 cents on what id like to see.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:24 AM   #14
Pro

Simulation in 2K18

It's very simple, has been for years.

The ratings are too close together, they need to stretch them out.

Teams that have depth will always simulate well. Because of this teams can compete with the the Warriors in the game.

Lebrons dominance is also devalued because of this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »