Home

NBA 2K18 Gameplay Blog

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Gameplay Blog within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2017, 02:22 PM   #41
Rookie

lvnba's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Gameplay Blog

These are just words... but they're spot on. Some of the biggest issues with 2k17 should be addressed, according to the text. I really hope so. Highlights for me:

- You're truly in control now
- Being able to beat your defender on 1-vs-1, no more OP defenders.
- Triple threat moves were horrid on 2k17, revamped now.
- Taking control of an off-ball player in an easy way, that'll be big, if true, for cuts to the basket

I really hope everything is as good as it sounds.

Also, I would've loved to hear that they revamped the P&R system, as it was disastrous last year, especially when playing online. Also, I would love to see a realistic amount of fouls being called.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 02:28 PM   #42
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachcolbert
EXACTLY! i want to believe them SO BAD, but 2k has got me too many times to give them benefit of doubt

It's legit. Totally different experience than previous years.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 08-16-2017, 02:28 PM   #43
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I wish they provided a pic of the new shot meter. I want to know if it's better.

This is a nice read but these YouTube guys should be gushing over player movement. Which leads me to believe that they didn't notice any difference or they just didn't care. We need some OS guys in that focus group.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2017, 02:28 PM   #44
Rookie

SwankSinatra's Arena

(edited for nsfw language)

The community over on twitter is a joke , the blog is amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 08-16-2017 at 03:09 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:29 PM   #45
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

Ok 2K18, you have my attention. Just about everything that I grew tired of and things I wish I had in 2k17 was addressed in this blog. I pretty much doubled down on my decision to pre-order Live and make that my basketball game of the year after the unimpressive trailer that was released earlier today. But this info was much more exciting. I was not going to shell out $60 for a small graphical update that allows us to see player stretch marks and an updated roster. I was content on just settling with Live this year.....but this info is pretty exciting news. I just hope they deliver! Looking forward to more news, early impressions, and gameplay vids!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 02:29 PM   #46
MVP

ph33's Arena

A lot of stuff looked good, but something I'm still concerned about is lateral/foot movement on defense? I see it was touched upon, in that it'll be more responsive on both ends, but I do wonder about how much explosion an offensive player has off the dribble vs. a defender---hopefully it's not too overpowering. I'd like to still be rewarded for good positioning if I'm using someone who has the right attributes. I think they addressed that you can't spam moves as much due to faster fatigue so that might take my worry out of it. I do like that you have to use the RS more on defense though and that you don't get auto closeouts.

As far as the "I'm back on board blah blah business" goes, here's a friendly reminder that this game always has and seemingly always will have server issues. So if disconnects are something that's extremely frustrating for you, be prepared to have it all over again unless something changed. Same with the VC business.

Last edited by ph33; 08-16-2017 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:30 PM   #47
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I'll be the skeptic and say I'll believe it when I play it but everything I'm here sounds fantastic. Can't wait to get my hands on the game and try everything out. There is a lot to take in. Going to spend hours learning the new controls and getting down all the new mechanics. Dribbling sounds like it could be awesome and I like that we can, essentially, turn off the shot stick with the push of a button but I'm a little confused exactly how this will work.

One thing I wish they would do with these blogs is add videos to showcase the changes and demonstrate what they are talking about. I'm much more of a visual learner.
This would indeed be awesome to see in the future.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-16-2017, 02:31 PM   #48
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

I always enjoy reading these blogs. And when you see a developer talking about legacy issues, you know they are listening and honestly want the game to improve.

Good stuff!

(It was much more enjoyable, for me, than the trailer...and I'm a visual person)

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »