Home

NBA 2K18 Gameplay Blog

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Gameplay Blog within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2017, 02:39 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Gameplay Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcabone
I have a feeling that "tank" package will be pretty popular

If they do it right it will be either locked to certain builds or less effective depending on body type

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-16-2017, 02:45 PM   #58
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

The blog sounds great... I think it goes without saying but I hope we get to see it in action sooner rather than later and I can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitew33
Damn, all this stuff sounds great. Unlike a lot of you guys I'm not worried if these things are implemented properly I'm much more worried that they will be implemented then the players will start complaining about cheese or this and that being OP and they will patch all these things out. Maybe I'm just still traumatized by how beautiful the NBA 2K17 prelude and day one 2K17 played before they started tweaking everything.
I loved 2K17 at release last year. If I like 2k18 at release and it doesn't have any glaring issues then I think I'm going to disconnect my PS4 from the internet just in case they give in to the complainers again.
I'm really looking forward to 2K18 but I'm not looking forward finding sliders and having to tweak them over and over due to the game constantly changing. Here's to hoping that doesn't happen.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-16-2017, 02:48 PM   #59
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
The blog sounds great... I think it goes without saying but I hope we get to see it in action sooner rather than later and I can't wait.

I loved 2K17 at release last year. If I like 2k18 at release and it doesn't have any glaring issues then I think I'm going to disconnect my PS4 from the internet just in case they give in to the complainers again.
I'm really looking forward to 2K18 but I'm not looking forward finding sliders and having to tweak them over and over due to the game constantly changing. Here's to hoping that doesn't happen.
Dude, as much as I want to preorder the game if it turns out it's as legit as it seems to be based on the blogs (and the Prelude, if it backs the blogs up), I cannot bring myself to do it -- the patches really screwed with 2K17 in a bad way.

And that still doesn't account for the Day 1 Patch, which might alter things unexpectedly ... I feel like I have to wait till the end of October before we'll know for sure what game we got this year.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:50 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 15

It's great that one of their top priorities was movement, although we hear this every year, and more importantly 1 V 1 interactions.

It sounds phenomenal in the blog. I wish the developers would release gameplay footage showing these improvements.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:50 PM   #61
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I wish they provided a pic of the new shot meter. I want to know if it's better.

This is a nice read but these YouTube guys should be gushing over player movement. Which leads me to believe that they didn't notice any difference or they just didn't care. We need some OS guys in that focus group.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Like Mike Lowe? This is what he said about movement in his writeup:

Quote:
You'll notice the game shifting away from animations, and instead utilizing a new branching system (purposefully unnamed) that will allow for far more movement creativity. When I was watching the guys who are insanely good at the game, I could really see some creative gameplay that never looked repetitive. Very impressive.
An Early Look at NBA 2K18 Gameplay Changes

With that said, I agree with you the more OS guys giving feedback the better.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 02:50 PM   #62
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
That blog reads like manna from heaven, but have to see how it's executed when I get the game.

One concern, was the section about the re-worked steals and how spamming will result in fouls. I hate to break it to you, but park players don't care about that in the slightest. I think the other game has it right where if you mistime a steal attempt you've conceded a massive advantage to the offensive player. That's the only thing I see as an antidote to steal spamming. It's one thing getting called for fouls, but if you're doing that and conceding points every possession then that should cause them to rethink.
They got that down perfect imo, you really have to be strategic when going for a on the ball steal.

Old 08-16-2017, 02:57 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 2

I'm just glad they got rid of the shot stick aiming. That was a nightmare. I used to miss wide open shots with Steph Curry.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:01 PM   #64
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Having music in the background while someone is reading out this blog, would have made a trailer 100 times better than the one released today.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »