Home

NBA 2K18 MyTEAM Trailer and Details with 2 New Modes - Draft Mode & Super Max

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 MyTEAM Trailer and Details with 2 New Modes - Draft Mode & Super Max within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2017, 08:45 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 MyTEAM Trailer and Developer Blog

"33 All-time lineups"

...where do the other 3 come from? Do teams like the Lakers and Celtics get extra lineups? Is there all-time Eastern, Western, and Team USA lineups too?
Old 08-18-2017, 08:46 AM   #10
Rookie

I really hope tha Coach Proficiency makes its way to MyLeague

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2017, 08:46 AM   #11
Pro

The always do an East, West and all-NBA team at the end of historic ladders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2017, 08:48 AM   #12
Pro

I've been turned off by myteam's mutant superpowered versions of actual players but if we're getting capped leagues I might find that fun.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:48 AM   #13
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

They made a bandaid fix for the biggest problem in myteam. The power creep as new cards get introduced. The biggest problem with end game 2k17 MyTeam is that people have all these players that are like 90+ in all their ratings (Hakeem with like a 90 3pt for example) and all the people that paid money for their cards have stacked teams with unobtainable cards.

The supermax concept acts like a bandaid because now at the very least, those popular end game cards (Kareem, Hakeem, Westbrook, Kevin Durant etc) would now have a super max status and not be allowed to all be on the same team.

What needs to happen to completely fix the problem is to stop overrating throwback players by making them great at everything. Just because Wes Unseld hit 2 3's in a game before doesn't mean he should be released with an 88 3pt rating
Old 08-18-2017, 08:51 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
They made a bandaid fix for the biggest problem in myteam. The power creep as new cards get introduced. The biggest problem with end game 2k17 MyTeam is that people have all these players that are like 90+ in all their ratings (Hakeem with like a 90 3pt for example) and all the people that paid money for their cards have stacked teams with unobtainable cards.

The supermax concept acts like a bandaid because now at the very least, those popular end game cards (Kareem, Hakeem, Westbrook, Kevin Durant etc) would now have a super max status and not be allowed to all be on the same team.

What needs to happen to completely fix the problem is to stop overrating throwback players by making them great at everything. Just because Wes Unseld hit 2 3's in a game before doesn't mean he should be released with an 88 3pt rating
The biggest problem isn't throwback cards, it's the moments cards. One guy has a fluke shooting night or runs it up against an awful defense and all of a sudden his stats go through the roof in his next card.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:53 AM   #15
Pro

Detroitfan4life1993's Arena

OVR: 1

Super excited for myteam this year, the salary cap mode sounds really fun and also having a draft mode is something ive wanted on this game for a few years now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2017, 08:55 AM   #16
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

This is literally everything I've asked for and more, man. As a company they've really paid attention. Some of these things sound directly plucked from threads I've made on this website and while I obviously have no way of confirming I was the influence of these issues or if it's just a "Great minds think alike" scenario, I still feel amazing that they are in game. I can't wait to get this game in my hands, man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »