Home

NBA 2K18 MyTEAM Trailer and Details with 2 New Modes - Draft Mode & Super Max

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 MyTEAM Trailer and Details with 2 New Modes - Draft Mode & Super Max within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2017, 09:00 AM   #17
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K18 MyTEAM Trailer and Developer Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstat
The biggest problem isn't throwback cards, it's the moments cards. One guy has a fluke shooting night or runs it up against an awful defense and all of a sudden his stats go through the roof in his next card.
Both are awful concepts. I was hoping they'd make moments cards be free agent cards you need to keep buying to use so that way we don't have to suffer through playing against those versions of players.

The alternative would be to go back to the dynamic cards that had their ratings change based on real life play week to week. No more super overrated cards that last the length of the game's life
Old 08-18-2017, 09:04 AM   #18
MVP

jayman504's Arena

" You want autograph cards...you got it..LIT"

I laughed out loud to that...Honestly please stop using this word people!!!
Old 08-18-2017, 09:08 AM   #19
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
They made a bandaid fix for the biggest problem in myteam. The power creep as new cards get introduced. The biggest problem with end game 2k17 MyTeam is that people have all these players that are like 90+ in all their ratings (Hakeem with like a 90 3pt for example) and all the people that paid money for their cards have stacked teams with unobtainable cards.

The supermax concept acts like a bandaid because now at the very least, those popular end game cards (Kareem, Hakeem, Westbrook, Kevin Durant etc) would now have a super max status and not be allowed to all be on the same team.

What needs to happen to completely fix the problem is to stop overrating throwback players by making them great at everything. Just because Wes Unseld hit 2 3's in a game before doesn't mean he should be released with an 88 3pt rating
I think in 2K17 where everyone ran 5 out, it just wasn't feasible to release cards that couldn't shoot late in the year, because the 3-ball was the most viable option. It's hard to drop a valuable Kareem at the end of the year when so many bigs can do most of what he does, & shoot.

I think not only will the "Super max" fix this but so will shooting updates & coaching systems. If you can get a boost to post play by using a certain coach then Hakeem's value drives way up without needing a 3-ball. These coaching boosts will allow more diverse player types to thrive in this mode. If I get a defensive boost, maybe I feel comfortable running a TBT Tony Allen.

One thing they can not do is have some crazy combos that allow boosts to shooting. I can already see people running Steph+Klay+KD duos, coached by Kerr, with shoe boosts and badges, and turning their whole team into 99 OVR shooters. That's one thing I do not want to see at all.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:16 AM   #20
Rookie

btiberi's Arena

Re: NBA 2K18 MyTEAM Trailer and Details with 2 New Modes - Draft Mode & Super Max

I'm pleasantly surprised and very excited for the Super Max and offline team season modes. I do wonder if Super Max is replacing the old "season" mode or if it is in addition. But it's going to be nice to be able to actually construct a team of my liking rather than to just throw out all of my most highly rated players and hope that my opponent hasn't spent thousands of dollars on packs.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:19 AM   #21
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
I think in 2K17 where everyone ran 5 out, it just wasn't feasible to release cards that couldn't shoot late in the year, because the 3-ball was the most viable option. It's hard to drop a valuable Kareem at the end of the year when so many bigs can do most of what he does, & shoot.

I think not only will the "Super max" fix this but so will shooting updates & coaching systems. If you can get a boost to post play by using a certain coach then Hakeem's value drives way up without needing a 3-ball. These coaching boosts will allow more diverse player types to thrive in this mode. If I get a defensive boost, maybe I feel comfortable running a TBT Tony Allen.

One thing they can not do is have some crazy combos that allow boosts to shooting. I can already see people running Steph+Klay+KD duos, coached by Kerr, with shoe boosts and badges, and turning their whole team into 99 OVR shooters. That's one thing I do not want to see at all.
Thats the problem though, people will always use the easiest method of scoring to play. Post play is way harder than calling 5 out and using a PnR until the other team's AI runs away from a 3pt shooter and he gets an open shot. Hakeem was already an amazingly rated post player yet barely anyone I've faced used him like one.

I think they just wanted to have the people still playing to have an incentive for getting the new cards (people buying packs and giving 2k money) so as the year went along they had to keep on overrating newer cards to make people want to update their lineups.

You can't release the Wes Unseld card with a mediocre 3pt rating and expect people other than Unseld fans to try to get him when Moments Cousins is 85+ in all offensive ratings and is better than Unseld in almost everything. So now Unseld is released with an 88 3pt rating and is a jack of all trades so people have the incentive to upgrade.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2017, 09:49 AM   #22
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
NBA 2K18 MyTEAM Trailer and Details with 2 New Modes - Draft Mode & Super Max

Did they steal Draft Champions from Madden lol? If so, that's going to be super nice. I'll play that.

That'll give me the opportunity to play w/ players like '06 Kobe and others without having to grind or pay for players if it's like Draft Champions. That's a good move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 08-18-2017 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:52 AM   #23
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 MyTEAM Trailer and Details with 2 New Modes - Draft Mode & Super Max

I wasn't initially feeling the card design, but it's growing on me. In an attempt to make my self like it, I realized the Pierce Ruby is listed as 1 of 10,000.

You guys think this is a confirmation of locker codes still not being timed. This Pierce coming from a limited challenge? Maybe certain cards will have an autographed version that has boosts? I think it's the last option because every other throwback card has that striped ribbon, while Pierce doesn't.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:08 AM   #24
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Wow that was cringey

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »