Home

Paul Pierce Revealed For NBA 2K18 All-Time Celtics Team, Who Deserves to Join Him?

This is a discussion on Paul Pierce Revealed For NBA 2K18 All-Time Celtics Team, Who Deserves to Join Him? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2017, 11:11 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Paul Pierce Revealed For NBA 2K18 All-Time Celtics Team, Who Deserves to Join Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
As much as some of these players deserve to be on the team, guys like JoJo and Bill Sharman probably won't make it cause they've been missing from the game/MyTeam in years past. SO they'll probably be replaced by players you normally wouldn't include on the team. I imagine this will be the case for a lot of the All-Time teams.
Sadlly true
Old 08-19-2017, 11:12 AM   #50
Rookie

2Kray's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Paul Pierce Revealed For NBA 2K18 All-Time Celtics Team, Who Deserves to Join Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yurpman
If I had to guess the entire 2K All-Time Celtics roster, it would have to be (in no particular order)...

1. Paul Pierce
2. Bill Russell
3. Larry Bird
4. John Havlicek
5. Kevin McHale
6. Bob Cousy
7. Dave Cowens
8. Robert Parish
9. Tommy Heinsohn
10. Dennis Johnson
11. Danny Ainge
12. Sam Jones
13. Kevin Garnett
14. Jo Jo White
15. Cedric Maxwell? Nate Archibald? There's a few guys you could go with.
I don't think JoJo will be on considering his likeness has been absent from 2K for the longest. Honestly, as a Bostonian, I'd rather see Antoine Walker fill in.

Hell I'd even take Walter McCarty lol. This might make more sense given he's played more recently, gave them 8 years and remains a part of the Celtics organization today (serves as one of the many assistant coaches).
Old 08-19-2017, 11:32 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
As much as some of these players deserve to be on the team, guys like JoJo and Bill Sharman probably won't make it cause they've been missing from the game/MyTeam in years past. SO they'll probably be replaced by players you normally wouldn't include on the team. I imagine this will be the case for a lot of the All-Time teams.
Even with JoJo and Sherman out, the Celtics have more than 15 to include already in the game.

C - Russell, Cowens, Parish
PF - Garnett, McHale, Sanders, Heinsohn, Walker
SF - Bird, Pierce, Havlicek
SG - Lewis, Allen, Jones, Ainge
PG - Cousy, Jones, Rondo, Thomas

4 of them will be out, I think Sanders, KC Jones, Rondo and Allen.

Walker was great on the Celtics with Pierce and he is only an ok player on classic Heat.
Lewis don't have a team yet, so they will probably include him on the all-tine C's
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2017, 11:44 AM   #52
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9

I am interested in what surprise players make an appearance on some of the teams with less of a storied history. I hope they don't just use current players as fillers. Will there be some new players who weren't DLC in 2k12 and haven't been on MyTeam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2017, 02:56 PM   #53
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
The art team better update Larry Bird.
Spoiler
You gone stop with that right now man Lol
Old 08-19-2017, 03:24 PM   #54
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Nothing I have to say about Paul Piece would survive the terms of service.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:47 PM   #55
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I completely disagree with the IT assessment and would absolutely leave KD off the all-time Warriors team until he's stuck around for a few more seasons. Thomas is such a small part in team history, and throwing him in first because of PER leaves out a lot of other factors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, stint on the team and impact should be two of the main factors. No way does any rational person place Durant on the all - time Warriors team based on one damn season, especially when Rick Barry & Chris Mullin are deserving of a spot.

I love how P squared waited until he was retired to be scanned. LOL

from Bills Backer/Spurs Nation HQ

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 08-19-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2017, 04:18 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Yes, stint on the team and impact should be two of the main factors. No way does any rational person place Durant on the all - time Warriors team based on one damn season, especially when Rick Barry & Chris Mullin are deserving of a spot.
Now you're going to have me going down the line to see who'd make a 15-man All-Time Warriors roster.

1. Wilt Chamberlain
2. Rick Barry
3. Nate Thurmond
4. Sleepy Floyd
5. Tim Hardaway
6. Chris Mullin
7. Mitch Richmond
8. Latrell Sprewell
9. Stephen Curry
10. Klay Thompson

... this is where I have to go way back...

11. Paul Arizin (10-time All-Star all with the Warriors)
12. Neil Johnston (5-time All-Star all with the Warriors)

... and then this is where I go to Basketball Reference to see who else is floating out there...

13. Tom Gola (3 or 4-time All-Star with the Warriors)
14. Jeff Mullins (3-time All-Star in 10 years with Warriors, seventh in Warriors all-time scoring)
15. Purvis Short (eighth all-time leading scorer in Warriors history, no all-star appearances)

...And a couple modern guys I forgot...

16. Baron Davis (4 seasons, 0 All-Star appearances, 1 great playoff run ending in second round)
17. Jason Richardson (6 seasons, 0 All-Star appearances)

I don't know, while accounting for the possibility that I missed someone really obvious, I think there's an outside shot that someone having the single season and finals performance that Kevin Durant did (overwhelming Finals MVP while putting up 35, 8, and 5) could overshadow someone like Sleepy Floyd, who had that nasty playoff quarter and one all-star appearance in four or five seasons with the Warriors.

It gets a little tough when measuring longevity vs. impact. Durant's impact was about as extreme as it could get and could probably compensate for multiple years in town at a much lesser impact.

Last edited by VDusen04; 08-19-2017 at 04:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »