Home

Paul Pierce Revealed For NBA 2K18 All-Time Celtics Team, Who Deserves to Join Him?

This is a discussion on Paul Pierce Revealed For NBA 2K18 All-Time Celtics Team, Who Deserves to Join Him? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2017, 04:35 PM   #57
Rookie

DTHEGAWD's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Paul Pierce on NBA 2K18 All-Time Celtics Team

A 94 for Pierce is absolutely ridiculous c'mon...

Last edited by DTHEGAWD; 08-19-2017 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:44 PM   #58
Banned

Re: Paul Pierce Revealed For NBA 2K18 All-Time Celtics Team, Who Deserves to Join Him

Yeah if Pierce is a 94, we're going to have a lot of 97-99s walking around..
Old 08-19-2017, 06:16 PM   #59
Rookie

DTHEGAWD's Arena

Re: Paul Pierce Revealed For NBA 2K18 All-Time Celtics Team, Who Deserves to Join Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow86
Yeah if Pierce is a 94, we're going to have a lot of 97-99s walking around..
I saw Pierce's whole career lol. The absolute highest he should be is a 91.

A 94 is actually absurdly high and I see 2K doing a lot of overrating of past players like you said smh. A 94 puts him in the same conversation as guys like current LeBron, KD, Westbrook, Harden, AD, etc. and he was never that good.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:45 PM   #60
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Re: Paul Pierce on NBA 2K18 All-Time Celtics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBreed1
I was excited about Nike getting the rights. Now I wish Adidas still had them. Nike has butchered these things.

Quick reminder that the teams actually design the jerseys and have the final say over any design changes Nike suggests.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-19-2017, 08:12 PM   #61
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Now you're going to have me going down the line to see who'd make a 15-man All-Time Warriors roster.

1. Wilt Chamberlain
2. Rick Barry
3. Nate Thurmond
4. Sleepy Floyd
5. Tim Hardaway
6. Chris Mullin
7. Mitch Richmond
8. Latrell Sprewell
9. Stephen Curry
10. Klay Thompson

... this is where I have to go way back...

11. Paul Arizin (10-time All-Star all with the Warriors)
12. Neil Johnston (5-time All-Star all with the Warriors)

... and then this is where I go to Basketball Reference to see who else is floating out there...

13. Tom Gola (3 or 4-time All-Star with the Warriors)
14. Jeff Mullins (3-time All-Star in 10 years with Warriors, seventh in Warriors all-time scoring)
15. Purvis Short (eighth all-time leading scorer in Warriors history, no all-star appearances)

...And a couple modern guys I forgot...

16. Baron Davis (4 seasons, 0 All-Star appearances, 1 great playoff run ending in second round)
17. Jason Richardson (6 seasons, 0 All-Star appearances)

I don't know, while accounting for the possibility that I missed someone really obvious, I think there's an outside shot that someone having the single season and finals performance that Kevin Durant did (overwhelming Finals MVP while putting up 35, 8, and 5) could overshadow someone like Sleepy Floyd, who had that nasty playoff quarter and one all-star appearance in four or five seasons with the Warriors.

It gets a little tough when measuring longevity vs. impact. Durant's impact was about as extreme as it could get and could probably compensate for multiple years in town at a much lesser impact.
most likely this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2017, 08:21 PM   #62
Banned

NewBreed1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKnicksRules215xX
I don't think Kevin Garnett or Ray Allen should be on the celtics all-time list, not homegrown and their best years were with other teams.
KG definitely deserves a spot.

BTW, PP looks good in this pic.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:26 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Now you're going to have me going down the line to see who'd make a 15-man All-Time Warriors roster.

1. Wilt Chamberlain
2. Rick Barry
3. Nate Thurmond
4. Sleepy Floyd
5. Tim Hardaway
6. Chris Mullin
7. Mitch Richmond
8. Latrell Sprewell
9. Stephen Curry
10. Klay Thompson

... this is where I have to go way back...

11. Paul Arizin (10-time All-Star all with the Warriors)
12. Neil Johnston (5-time All-Star all with the Warriors)

... and then this is where I go to Basketball Reference to see who else is floating out there...

13. Tom Gola (3 or 4-time All-Star with the Warriors)
14. Jeff Mullins (3-time All-Star in 10 years with Warriors, seventh in Warriors all-time scoring)
15. Purvis Short (eighth all-time leading scorer in Warriors history, no all-star appearances)

...And a couple modern guys I forgot...

16. Baron Davis (4 seasons, 0 All-Star appearances, 1 great playoff run ending in second round)
17. Jason Richardson (6 seasons, 0 All-Star appearances)

I don't know, while accounting for the possibility that I missed someone really obvious, I think there's an outside shot that someone having the single season and finals performance that Kevin Durant did (overwhelming Finals MVP while putting up 35, 8, and 5) could overshadow someone like Sleepy Floyd, who had that nasty playoff quarter and one all-star appearance in four or five seasons with the Warriors.

It gets a little tough when measuring longevity vs. impact. Durant's impact was about as extreme as it could get and could probably compensate for multiple years in town at a much lesser impact.

Not sure about the last part since they arguably could have still won had it been Harrison Barnes in that spot. As of right now I would have Draymond's body of work more deserving of landing on their all time squad.. that could obviously change 3 years down the line however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2017, 08:27 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonGunne

Walker was great on the Celtics with Pierce and he is only an ok player on classic Heat.

Lewis don't have a team yet, so they will probably include him on the all-tine C's

Great is being used extremely loosely here lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »