Home

ARE YOU GOOD O ARE YOU CHEAP?

This is a discussion on ARE YOU GOOD O ARE YOU CHEAP? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2017, 03:18 PM   #1
Rookie

REEality's Arena

OVR: 0
ARE YOU GOOD O ARE YOU CHEAP?

As long as I've been playing this game franchise. Whether online or back in Dreamcast days before online was really a thing in 2k. I haven't played many people that I would consider good. Now, this is only my definition of good.

But most people only seem to be successful head to head when exploiting some terrible mechanic that 2K Devs take an entire year to finally remove. I win pretty often, but I'm not perfect. I've lost plenty, and those games that I have lost to straight up players who I consider good. Those were the most fun games.

With Teamplay being the most popular now in 2k. This is what I prefer mostly. But sadly, Park and Proam suffer the most gameplay mechanic based unbalance. Mechanics seems to determine most of the players sucess especially in NBA2K17. It's not about being good on the sticks, having a good IQ of the game, as much as it is about nothing all the shotcuts and which moves can't be stopped well.

I always hate to be called a whiner, when I just prefer to play a straight up game win lose or draw. And i love 2K probably more than anyone.

(If you dont think what I'm saying is valid, PSN: Just_REEality check up)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2017, 03:20 PM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: ARE YOU GOOD O ARE YOU CHEAP?

Past few years I was all for fair play . End of 2K17 I embraced the dark side. Hell I will probably look for cheats now.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-19-2017, 04:10 PM   #3
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

Every team i run against in Pro am all do the same things. Screen after screen after screen after screen until someone is open for a shot. Speaking of shots, why in the world is everyone on Xbox using the same jumper? I can't speak for PlayStation, but on Xbox you will see somebody will have it each game. My friends and I call it the community jumper.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:05 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Vibes
Every team i run against in Pro am all do the same things. Screen after screen after screen after screen until someone is open for a shot. Speaking of shots, why in the world is everyone on Xbox using the same jumper? I can't speak for PlayStation, but on Xbox you will see somebody will have it each game. My friends and I call it the community jumper.
Most people are using the same jumper because of the YouTube community. They all have titles like "100% Green NEVER miss AGAIN!" It's wack that people would rather exploit the game then to just man up. Play it straight up win or lose and just have fun doing that. everyone now has to have the most advantages possible. The baseline cheese is the biggest gripe for me. Turbo baseline and it's either a blow by or a foul. That's really it.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:19 PM   #5
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody17929
Most people are using the same jumper because of the YouTube community. They all have titles like "100% Green NEVER miss AGAIN!" It's wack that people would rather exploit the game then to just man up. Play it straight up win or lose and just have fun doing that. everyone now has to have the most advantages possible. The baseline cheese is the biggest gripe for me. Turbo baseline and it's either a blow by or a foul. That's really it.
Tbh it needs to be exploited. It's annoying that some jumpers get more greens than others. I mean let's be honest, why tf would anyone pass up on an opportunity to get a crazy wet jump shot that goes in way more than most other jumpers?

I'm just hoping they fix it in 2k18 so there's no more of this green hunting BS and every jump shot consistently has the same chance of getting a green as all of the other jump shots
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2017, 07:37 PM   #6
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEality
As long as I've been playing this game franchise. Whether online or back in Dreamcast days before online was really a thing in 2k. I haven't played many people that I would consider good. Now, this is only my definition of good.

But most people only seem to be successful head to head when exploiting some terrible mechanic that 2K Devs take an entire year to finally remove. I win pretty often, but I'm not perfect. I've lost plenty, and those games that I have lost to straight up players who I consider good. Those were the most fun games.

With Teamplay being the most popular now in 2k. This is what I prefer mostly. But sadly, Park and Proam suffer the most gameplay mechanic based unbalance. Mechanics seems to determine most of the players sucess especially in NBA2K17. It's not about being good on the sticks, having a good IQ of the game, as much as it is about nothing all the shotcuts and which moves can't be stopped well.

I always hate to be called a whiner, when I just prefer to play a straight up game win lose or draw. And i love 2K probably more than anyone.

(If you dont think what I'm saying is valid, PSN: Just_REEality check up)
You know I have an issue with posts like this because its like you indirectly prop your style of play up as better than others who may be better. Would I prefer to play someone who doesn't do any BS? Well duh. But when you get up high in the ranks you either adapt and do exactly what everyone else does or you do what Iv done since 2k16 and stop playing PNO after I rank up too much. This game has BS but not as much as the earlier 2k games had. Remember euro step cheese? Remember spin dunk cheese with the Miami Heat? Those were cheese you could do and get a fairly consistent dunk every time. Nowadays theres annoying BS but nothing as consistent.

On the leaderboards it only registers as a win or loss. No one will care how the #1 guy went 4000-5. All were gonna see is his record. I say that to say do what you need to do to win. Because that is what everyone else is doing. Not doing so and then complaining at others for trying to win at all costs is just not cool to me. I actually do this in Madden too. When I win too many games I just stop playing or I loss a couple in a row on purpose so I can stay in my tier. Games just stop being fun to me after you reach greatest of all time tier.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:44 PM   #7
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

I have a blast getting my teammates involved with alley ops or just slick passes in general.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:45 PM   #8
Rookie

REEality's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Past few years I was all for fair play . End of 2K17 I embraced the dark side. Hell I will probably look for cheats now.
LMAO im not mad at you bro

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »