Home

Taking a Look at NBA 2K18's Player Ratings So Far

This is a discussion on Taking a Look at NBA 2K18's Player Ratings So Far within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2017, 03:01 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Taking a Look at NBA 2K18's Player Ratings So Far

Health aside Derrick Rose had a very good year 78 averaging 18 and 3 and 5 shooting 47 percent from the field even though teams knew he had to drive ... Deangelo my boi but he gets an 80 averaging like 15ppg shooting under 40% lol stop it 2K .... insert corny Derrick Rose jokes below 😪

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-21-2017, 03:16 PM   #10
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I thought that the players were rated based on their archtype. Going off 2K17, Kawhi is 96 rated "two way super star". Steph is rated 95 as an "all around star". That doesn't mean Kawhi is better than Steph, just that he's a better "two way superstar". Devin Booker is rated as an 83 "premier perimeter threat". So could he just be an 88 or whatever he is this year as that. Their rating isn't necessarily how they are viewed league wide. Isn't that how they are supposed to be viewed?
Old 08-21-2017, 03:18 PM   #11
Rookie

MoodMuzik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELMAN92
Health aside Derrick Rose had a very good year 78 averaging 18 and 3 and 5 shooting 47 percent from the field even though teams knew he had to drive ... Deangelo my boi but he gets an 80 averaging like 15ppg shooting under 40% lol stop it 2K .... insert corny Derrick Rose jokes below ��

I never really view ratings as a complete reflection of last year but also an indication of how they may play THIS year.

Rose might have trouble putting up those same numbers again. Like, was it his SKILLSET that got him those numbers... or was it him being smart with the ball and knowing when to attack. Because we all know he doesn't have that top end speed anymore and he sure can't shoot. But 78 does seem low, 83 maybe? Idk, if he's a true Cavalier back-up, let's see if he plays like a 78 or an 83.

Whereas we know what we're getting from Steph/Kawhi/LeBron but I get where you're coming from. Some of the ratings you almost feel like could use a big explanation.

Last edited by MoodMuzik; 08-21-2017 at 03:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2017, 03:29 PM   #12
Pro

Westbrook better be a 95.

How is Curry a 94 when he is an average on ball defender at best? An average rebounder at best. Like does passing and shooting mean he deserves a 94. I get they want to make him as the best PG atm. But I'm confused.

Lilard is def a 90. But I'm really curious to see Russie rating. If they have Curry better than him in overall after avg'n a triple double its gonna be comical.

But the 2k rating system has always been comical. Overweight emphasis on offensive ability makes a player a 90 by default lol. It's always been this way I guess.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:30 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodMuzik
I never really view ratings as a complete reflection of last year but also an indication of how they may play THIS year.

Rose might have trouble putting up those same numbers again. Like, was it his SKILLSET that got him those numbers... or was it him being smart with the ball and knowing when to attack. Because we all know he doesn't have that top end speed anymore and he sure can't shoot. But 78 does seem low, 83 maybe? Idk, if he's a true Cavalier back-up, let's see if he plays like a 78 or an 83.

Whereas we know what we're getting from Steph/Kawhi/LeBron but I get where you're coming from. Some of the ratings you almost feel like could use a big explanation.
I'll say this he still was able to get to the rim when needed and his pull up middy was good I just feel like 2K is judging him off mvp rose and not who he is now

Old 08-21-2017, 03:32 PM   #14
Rookie

MoodMuzik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
Westbrook better be a 95.

How is Curry a 94 when he is an average on ball defender at best? An average rebounder at best. Like does passing and shooting mean he deserves a 94. I get they want to make him as the best PG atm. But I'm confused.

Lilard is def a 90. But I'm really curious to see Russie rating. If they have Curry better than him in overall after avg'n a triple double its gonna be comical.

But the 2k rating system has always been comical. Overweight emphasis on offensive ability makes a player a 90 by default lol. It's always been this way I guess.
Curry is a back-to-back MVP and the only unanimous MVP in the history of the NBA and has 2 rings. But Russ > Curry? Russ averaged a triple double, Russ > LeBron? Russ over Kawhi?
Old 08-21-2017, 03:49 PM   #15
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

In terms of 2K ratings, I look at PG as the 'Not so rich man's' Kawhi Leonard, so I feel that a 91 is accurate for him if Kawhi is a 95. Kawhi is pretty much better at everything so it makes sense. May be different now that George won't be the sole, or even main focus of his team now and will have a lot more freedom.

I agree Dwight is underrated. He's about the same guy stat-wise as DeAndre whom I can't see coming in at less than an 85 with the way these ratings are going. So if DJ is an 85, Dwight deserves at least and 83 IMO.

I think Wall should be rated higher than Kyrie. He's a better passer, and though it doesn't take much a better defender. Kyrie is arguably the best ISO player in the league, and he is steadily improving in other areas, but as of now, Wall is the best in the East. I think Kyrie dropping to 89 is fine with me, but I understand he is the cover guy.

Devin Booker is rated correctly IMO. He's an explosive scorer, elite (I know the percentages would say otherwise) shooter, and a VERY underrated playmaker especially out of the P&R. He's not a good defender, but he's not a revolving door like some of the guys rated higher than him. I don't think he'd ever be the target for a "whoever" offense. If you wanna complain, I'd say 85 isn't bad.

D Rose was statistically close to or better than D Wade in nearly everything last season. The difference in their ratings shouldn't be this drastic. I know Rose's awful 3-ball is gonna drop him this low, but Derozan is nearly just as bad and it didn't give him a huge knock. D Rose should be at least an 84.

I really like that the young Bigs are getting love. Embiid, KP, & KAT. I honestly believe if Embiid stays healthy, he could be top 10 Centers of all time. All of these guys are so much more skilled than guys that came before them. They all have good post game, all can somewhat handle the ball, and most importantly, they all can shoot threes.

IT should be at least a 90. Hard to believe a guy like him is still underrated. He was actually my pick for MVP. First seed, 3rd in scoring, huge performances through 4th quarters and his amazing playoff run through tragedy. I think he'll also get even better now that he can spend some time off-ball.

Give LeBron a 99. The man averaged a triple-double against one of the greatest teams ever assembled. If I'm not mistaken he nearly averaged one for the entire playoffs as well as the regular season. He's unstoppable in every way, arguably the best passer in history, not named Magic Johnson, and is still, at 32, maybe the 2nd best athletic presence behind Russ. I get that nobody wants to put him MJ, but this is greatness we're watching and he's by far the best player in the NBA today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2017, 03:52 PM   #16
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I thought that the players were rated based on their archtype. Going off 2K17, Kawhi is 96 rated "two way super star". Steph is rated 95 as an "all around star". That doesn't mean Kawhi is better than Steph, just that he's a better "two way superstar". Devin Booker is rated as an 83 "premier perimeter threat". So could he just be an 88 or whatever he is this year as that. Their rating isn't necessarily how they are viewed league wide. Isn't that how they are supposed to be viewed?
Agreed, it's also position based. Some attributes matter way more to certain positions. So cross matching positions to compare ratings isn't the best idea. Some guys are better at what they need to be good at than others.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »