Home

With so many terrible choices of "classic teams" is anyone else scared...

This is a discussion on With so many terrible choices of "classic teams" is anyone else scared... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 06:17 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: With so many terrible choices of "classic teams" is anyone else scared...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivysaur
I think the focus went into the All-Time Teams this year and a lot of the classic teams that were added were based on players that made it into those teams (so there's the justification for teams like the '11 Bulls, '12 Knicks, '14 Pacers etc.) because they were just simply a lot easier/cheaper to include than other teams, where it may have been more difficult to secure the rights to those players.
Fair enough, but plenty of teams could be made, I'm sure. Also don't be surprised with key guys missing from plenty teams, especially 90s!
Old 08-21-2017, 06:17 PM   #10
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Literally, at this point, the only thing I'm scared of is that 2K abandons the classic teams and all-time rosters altogether. I can only imagine how small the percentage of people is who buy 2K for classic teams, and with every announcement of a new classic team or a player on an all-time squad, guys come out of the woodwork to complain that this player is missing, or this accessory was wrong last year, or this guy doesn't deserve to be on the all-time team, or this classic team isn't classic enough, etc, etc.

Let's just be grateful we have a decent base of classic players to work with to begin with, huh?
I'm sure the fan base has complained about it for years now so I doubt they will take them out any time soon.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:21 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Literally, at this point, the only thing I'm scared of is that 2K abandons the classic teams and all-time rosters altogether. I can only imagine how small the percentage of people is who buy 2K for classic teams, and with every announcement of a new classic team or a player on an all-time squad, guys come out of the woodwork to complain that this player is missing, or this accessory was wrong last year, or this guy doesn't deserve to be on the all-time team, or this classic team isn't classic enough, etc, etc.

Let's just be grateful we have a decent base of classic players to work with to begin with, huh?
A large percentage of people but the game for classic content lmao people spend money on MyTeam to get different color cards of these players lmao you'll see youtube flooded with videos of that very thing, and you should check the roster, and brand creation corners of the web. Its apparent. 2k wouldn't include classic content or spend money on player licensing and resources on classic player faces, animations, etc... if they didn't feel it had a significant value to their franchise.

Hence why the Euro clubs were so below half assed. They know it was a cool idea but does not generate money. So 90 percent of the euro players didn't have face scans, no Euro players are included in MyTeam, etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2017, 06:22 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1

Personally loving the choices of classic teams.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-21-2017, 06:25 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

As OT speculated, I think it's a safe bet to assume the All-Time teams will primarily be composed of three sets of players:

1. Current Players
2. Players included in classic teams (ex: 1991 Bulls, 2004 Lakers, etc.)
3. Players previously included in MyTeam

That means a lot of players will be included but the All-Time teams likely won't be all-encompassing. Legends not affiliated with a classic team or previously included in MyTeam don't seem like they'll be making the cut.

That said, something will have to be done for push some of these All-Time teams to 15. I feel like the Clippers might need some unique likenesses to get to 15 players, unless there's a very significant drop off in the talent department (i.e. players like J.J. Redick making the cut).
Old 08-21-2017, 06:25 PM   #14
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by barond57
What the all-time rosters will look like?

I have zero faith in 2k at this stage. I wouldn't be surprised if we see multiple versions of the same player on a team. 96 Jordan getting tired, well I'll put in 93' Jordan
I think the all time rosters will be fine.

Obviously they won't have every single player that deserves to be on there (Barkley, Reggie, etc), but they'll be good enough and really fun to use for a large majority of teams.

There also won't be doubles of players on teams either, so there's no reason to worry about that.

But, with that all said, when the all-time teams are announced I expect the typical OS backlash towards them no matter how good they are.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:28 PM   #15
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by World1
I'm aware, but we can't get on them for how they value themselves. Thats greedy in itself.
And can't get mad for 2k not paying either. They have to draw the line somewhere too. No different that EA's battle to license boxers on Fight Night back in the day. You can only imagine what Floyd was asking.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:30 PM   #16
Rookie

Ivysaur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
That said, something will have to be done for push some of these All-Time teams to 15. I feel like the Clippers might need some unique likenesses to get to 15 players, unless there's a very significant drop off in the talent department (i.e. players like J.J. Redick making the cut).
Did they confirm they'd include 15 players in all the teams? I was expecting they'd stop at 12 or 13.

Realistically most people wouldn't use more than the first 10 players on each team anyway.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »