Home

With so many terrible choices of "classic teams" is anyone else scared...

This is a discussion on With so many terrible choices of "classic teams" is anyone else scared... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 06:33 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: With so many terrible choices of "classic teams" is anyone else scared...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivysaur
Did they confirm they'd include 15 players in all the teams? I was expecting they'd stop at 12 or 13.

Realistically most people wouldn't use more than the first 10 players on each team anyway.
I'll have to dig for the quote but I thought a 2K guy confirmed in a thread here that each team would have 15.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:34 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivysaur
Did they confirm they'd include 15 players in all the teams? I was expecting they'd stop at 12 or 13.

Realistically most people wouldn't use more than the first 10 players on each team anyway.
15 confirmed
Old 08-21-2017, 06:36 PM   #19
Rookie

Ivysaur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'll have to dig for the quote but I thought a 2K guy confirmed in a thread here that each team would have 15.
Quote:
Originally Posted by World1
15 confirmed
Ah, okay, thanks for clearing that up.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:37 PM   #20
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

I'm.not a fan of most of teams they picked. I would prefer more teams from the 90s

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2017, 06:41 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
As OT speculated, I think it's a safe bet to assume the All-Time teams will primarily be composed of three sets of players:

1. Current Players
2. Players included in classic teams (ex: 1991 Bulls, 2004 Lakers, etc.)
3. Players previously included in MyTeam

That means a lot of players will be included but the All-Time teams likely won't be all-encompassing. Legends not affiliated with a classic team or previously included in MyTeam don't seem like they'll be making the cut.

That said, something will have to be done for push some of these All-Time teams to 15. I feel like the Clippers might need some unique likenesses to get to 15 players, unless there's a very significant drop off in the talent department (i.e. players like J.J. Redick making the cut).
Yeah exactly! I really hope since a lot of rights of players who played in the pre-2000 era cannot be secured, that we get some outside shot at some great talent and unique players who stood out like Mobley for the Rockets, Boykins for the Nuggets, Artest & Garcia for the Kings / Pacers, Delfino for the Bucks, Mhuresan and Manute Bol for the Wizards
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2017, 06:42 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 1

I guess it's that time of the year to post this again. I'm not saying we shouldn't strive for innovation, improvements, and customers can't ask for more.

But the degree that some have taken to voicing their displeasure over the added classic teams has just been laughable, imo.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:48 PM   #23
Rookie

I apologize. I came in hot because I got the realization that my 01 bucks won't be in this year's version. I am thankful for what 2k is doing and know it is very hard to get the rights of players' likenesses. What makes 2k special is that it is blessed with a community of very talented and devoted individuals. Why not do everything possible to give us the tools to let us create and build upon they're hard work. That is why I'm hoping we get a new and improved 2k share put back in the game. We need to have the ability to upload individual players, created teams, not full rosters, but specific teams and shoes to the servers so the community can create and share with each other.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:52 PM   #24
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Some of the teams they included don't exactly excite me. Like someone said earlier, It may have just been a choice of 2k picking teams where they could actually get a full squad together at a decent cost. Getting legend teams together probably isn't easy or cheap. I won't be surprised if 2k starts charging legend teams as DLC and put them in a $15 package similar to their all-time college teams in 2k17. They could use that money to hopefully get the rights to more legends and create better teams...
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »