Home

(PS3) Bedwardsroy19's Ultimate Rosters

This is a discussion on (PS3) Bedwardsroy19's Ultimate Rosters within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #1457
sfx
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: (PS3) Bedwardsroy19's Ultimate Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
A lot of the fixes are there with good rosters and draft classes, but some unfixable things:

In the second year of multiple franchise that I have had, had ridiculous records for teams. 9 games into the season the game had the Lakers as 21-21 even though they were 6-3. Its random which teams get screwed, so as long as its not one of the better teams you probably wouldnt care all that much, but it still ruins the actual results of the season.

Game also does not accurately give you your team stats. Not a game killer though by any means.

The game only allows you to use a certain number of draft classes before you have to use generics.

After my first season I played, I played the Finals game 7 and it froze every time at the end of the game, and made it so it had to be CPU simulated to advance.

There are others, these are just a few that particularly rubbed me the wrong way.
The stats thing drives me crazy and I've been very reluctant to get really deep into any mode of the game. I've been playing a lot of My Player and a bunch of players on the league leaders say DNQ for a bunch of stats. Kobe is averaging 30ppg and he doesn't show up on the leader board. The in-game stat displays are almost never correct. It is wildly frustrating. I can forgive some shoddy AI, getting locked into cannimations, etc... I imagine those things are difficult programming problems. But referencing stats? That easy and the fact that it doesn't work makes the developers look lazy.

It's too bad. I was really getting geeked to do the 30-team association control and hopefully play this game for years. Now, I don't really want to. I so badly hope 2k13 or even whatever EA puts out is better at this.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #1458
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Review
Why did you scale down touch tendency across the board? If what you`re saying about future draft classes is true the generic classes will have higher touch tendencies than the players on your default roster.
Because it needed to be... It made more sense to scale it to reflect actual statistics.

Yes, that's exactly why I am upset with association

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfx
The stats thing drives me crazy and I've been very reluctant to get really deep into any mode of the game. I've been playing a lot of My Player and a bunch of players on the league leaders say DNQ for a bunch of stats. Kobe is averaging 30ppg and he doesn't show up on the leader board. The in-game stat displays are almost never correct. It is wildly frustrating. I can forgive some shoddy AI, getting locked into cannimations, etc... I imagine those things are difficult programming problems. But referencing stats? That easy and the fact that it doesn't work makes the developers look lazy.

It's too bad. I was really getting geeked to do the 30-team association control and hopefully play this game for years. Now, I don't really want to. I so badly hope 2k13 or even whatever EA puts out is better at this.
With the amount of roster work I put out, I agree completely...

Here's to hoping for next year

Last edited by bedwardsroy19; 03-03-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #1459
Rookie

shando14's Arena

OVR: 4

BED

THE PEOPLES CHOICE
Old 03-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #1460
Rookie

BasedTaylor's Arena

Thought I might have noticed something in the rosters, I could be wrong though. I have done a couple Associations and noticed the scores of games were always kind of high. I then noticed the FT attempts were a little higher then the norm. For the superstars (Lebron, Durant, Wade,etc.) the FTA's came out good but for the role players and guys like that they usually averaged more then their norm over their careers. I know for gameplay it helps get more fouls but maybe a top for the foul commit tendency could be 85 or so and also I'm going to try lowering a lot of guys draw foul tendency as well. To help the gameplay FTA's still stay realistic I'm going to up the shooting foul slider.

Once again I haven't tried this out yet, but I just thought it might help a little.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #1461
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasedTaylor
Thought I might have noticed something in the rosters, I could be wrong though. I have done a couple Associations and noticed the scores of games were always kind of high. I then noticed the FT attempts were a little higher then the norm. For the superstars (Lebron, Durant, Wade,etc.) the FTA's came out good but for the role players and guys like that they usually averaged more then their norm over their careers. I know for gameplay it helps get more fouls but maybe a top for the foul commit tendency could be 85 or so and also I'm going to try lowering a lot of guys draw foul tendency as well. To help the gameplay FTA's still stay realistic I'm going to up the shooting foul slider.

Once again I haven't tried this out yet, but I just thought it might help a little.
I appreciate you pointing this out, but Im not going to be changing anything like that at this point. If there is a problem with some role players averaging too many free throws Im sorry, I just don't care enough to change that at this point to be honest. \

But you may or may not be right, I am not sure, I may have just never noticed it.

Last edited by bedwardsroy19; 03-03-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #1462
Rookie

BasedTaylor's Arena

Quote:
I appreciate you pointing this out, but Im not going to be changing anything like that at this point. If there is a problem with some role players averaging too many free throws Im sorry, I just don't care enough to change that at this point to be honest. \

But you may or may not be right, I am not sure, I may have just never noticed it.

Yeah, just pointing out. I'm sure most won't notice and wouldn't expect you to change stuff around cause then you'd probably have to alter shooting tendencies to factor in PPG etc. etc. and you've already done more then enough. I'm just OCD bout this stuff unfortunately lol. I'm going to test it out and see how it goes.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:11 PM   #1463
Rookie

BasedTaylor's Arena

Quote:
A lot of the fixes are there with good rosters and draft classes, but some unfixable things:

In the second year of multiple franchise that I have had, had ridiculous records for teams. 9 games into the season the game had the Lakers as 21-21 even though they were 6-3. Its random which teams get screwed, so as long as its not one of the better teams you probably wouldnt care all that much, but it still ruins the actual results of the season.

Game also does not accurately give you your team stats. Not a game killer though by any means.

The game only allows you to use a certain number of draft classes before you have to use generics.

After my first season I played, I played the Finals game 7 and it froze every time at the end of the game, and made it so it had to be CPU simulated to advance.

There are others, these are just a few that particularly rubbed me the wrong way.

Damn, so this glitch actually effects the team's real record for the playoffs? I just thought it was displayed wrong but their actual record still was the one used for the playoffs?

Also agree on the bugs... it's very disheartening and def bring the Assoc. mode down A TON! Sadly, the only mode I play.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #1464
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasedTaylor
Damn, so this glitch actually effects the team's real record for the playoffs? I just thought it was displayed wrong but their actual record still was the one used for the playoffs?

Also agree on the bugs... it's very disheartening and def bring the Assoc. mode down A TON! Sadly, the only mode I play.
Yup, the standings glitch has been around for a few years now. Really sucks when your team deserves the #3 seed and you end up dragged to the #6 spot.

I emailed 2k about the game freezing after the 7th year of draft classes. They gave me a completely BS answer that either implied: A) They are completely oblivious to association mode's problems or B) They don't want to be bothered trying to fix it. I just don't get it.

You know what would be incredible? 2K13's box art: "No new features, we just fixed everything wrong with 2k12!". I can see it now. Beautiful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »