Home

Rashidi´s corner: The Real 2K Insider ...

This is a discussion on Rashidi´s corner: The Real 2K Insider ... within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2010, 10:02 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 33
Rashidi´s corner: The Real 2K Insider ...

This thread has the intention to share the overall 2K11 knowledge of one of the most recognized roster editors. This thread (1st page) will be frequently updated with his thoughts and findings as he scrutinize and disect the game in his way to try to provide us with the ultimate 2k real NBA simulation experience.

Before adding the first article I want to clarify some things:
- To our OS comrades; what it is done it is done, lets leave past events there and move on; this is not ment to be a cluster complains neither against the roster editor nor the game nor the 2k staff nor OS adms, thus you can express your thoughts about moderately.
- To OS mods; If this thread belongs in one of the subforums, please feel free to move it where it fits better; the purpose of this thread has been clarify and the fate of this thread should not be, in any way or form, subject to the inproper behavior of a few inconsecuential posters; those who try to deviate from the purpose of the thread should have their comments erased and should be warned (as you usually do); the thread should not be close unless it directly violate a rule (even then I ask you to please send me a pm telling me what its wrong so I can address it inmediately).

Now, to the meats & potatoes:

Quote:
Friday, October 15th, 2010.
Understanding NBA 2K's Tendencies and Synergy Data

As most NBA 2K gamers know by now, the tendencies in NBA 2K11 are preventing gamers from enjoying a realistic experience. This is a major issue, because these tendencies are so ambiguous except to a select few world-wide (including 2K Sports' staff) that very few have the sufficient knowledge required to accurately evaluate them for a single team (much less the entire league). 2K Sports has kept people in the dark regarding how these tendencies were/are formulated. Now that the tendencies are greatly effecting gameplay, gamers are essentially being held hostage by the imaginary man behind the curtain.

Last edited by ryan36; 10-15-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Rashidi´s corner: The Real 2K Insider ...

Old 10-15-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

Good stuff and very insightfull.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:45 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

I downloaded your rosters last year everytime you put out new ones. I really enjoyed them and your rosters combined with RSpencers sliders made 2k10 playable, though it took me about 6 months to get there. I love 2k11 and am very happy with it, but I have to shut out certain parts of the game that are flawed to completely immerse myself in it. It's a bit deflating seeing certain players attack so much and guys that have no business shooting 3's or posting up are doing it frequently enough to make me groan a bit as I realize it's a wasted possession for the cpu thus inevitably dropping the challenge as this tends to happen 10-15 times per game. If it were late in the shot clock I would understand, but it's as though they run these set plays for guys and put them in an area or areas on the court where they are completely ineffective not only in real life, but also the game. When this happens you know a badly missed shot is coming.

That being said, is your current roster w/tendency tweaks available for download yet? I read everything but didn't see that mentioned. You said you HAVE done it (fixed tendencies). I just didn't know if that meant just for the Knicks, for everyone, or for everyone and available for download.

I really appreciate your hard work and effort. Thank you for improving an already great game.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:58 AM   #5
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Don't paste entire articles from another site guys...give them their hits. And yes I know Rashidi was banned, but I don't think there's a problem linking to his blog- I'll check, but I think you're fine there. Carry on
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10

Interesting read. Good work.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

You can hate him but he knows what he does!
I like this game but tendencies are absolutly not accurate in 2k rosters.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:06 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Don't paste entire articles from another site guys...give them their hits. And yes I know Rashidi was banned, but I don't think there's a problem linking to his blog- I'll check, but I think you're fine there. Carry on
Sorry for my inexperience doing this sort of things (pasting entire articles) ... THANKS, sincerelly, I appreciate the feedback (speaking of which, can I link to his blog ? ... or can I get back to posting integrally his article ?).

Last edited by ffaacc03; 10-15-2010 at 11:34 AM. Reason: To add colored part ...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »