Home

NBA 2k13 Can't Export Teams

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 Can't Export Teams within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #17
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2k13 Can't Export Teams

They should have given an explanation removing Export Teams options considering it's been in the game since 2k6 right? I don't understand. So I can't make my 1996 Pacers and upload them correct?
Old 10-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Here's my take on this: WE here at OS probably had a lot to do with this. Since 2K11, we've created by far THE BEST roster files, both current and classic, that 2K has. I think they know this, and are taking this away from us. Instead of the focus being on our ability here at the OS community, they've removed most options so the focus stays on them. I might be wrong, but it only makes sense.
I have to agree, 2k seems to think that we are the competition (even more now that the true and only rival company seems dead) when in reality we are the ones who buy the game ... and enhance it, frequently resolving issues that they neglect, sometimes through out the whole cycle of an itineration ...

At the very least we offer a pretty different enjoyable experience, which undubtedly translate into more sales ... be it of new or used games, the 2k name becomes relevant and the prospect of having better sales for the next installment becomes an associated reality ...

Sadly, this seems to be the path taken by 2k, no conspiracy theories but what I have been feeling ... it has been done gradually yet constantly over the past years ... this not so new twist have negated one of the strongest pilars that supported NBA2k path into becoming the acclaimed videogame brandname that is nowdays ... this aberration, tears down iconic synonims of NBA2k: editability/flexibility/options ...

Get this 2k, you dont neglect (not even a part of) your hardcore base of gamers ... you dont neglect the principles that made you what you are ... you should know better, you have risen and have witnessed how it is to fall down by looking at what was your competition ... now, more than ever, you and only you are your own competition, not us ... dont restrict us more ... build upon the features, dont take them away ... please, dont fall down.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 10-03-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #19
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27
I'm 1000% with you. Couldn't have said it better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #20
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

please send that nice email to 2K and have them answer.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #21
MVP

RayRay34's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Auto-save DOES save rosters... Download a created player DNA from 2K Share, and when you find yourself moving between your roster and reviewing the available DNA models - it WILL auto-save your roster file. Again, it just baffles me.

Here's my take on this: WE here at OS probably had a lot to do with this. Since 2K11, we've created by far THE BEST roster files, both current and classic, that 2K has. I think they know this, and are taking this away from us. Instead of the focus being on our ability here at the OS community, they've removed most options so the focus stays on them. I might be wrong, but it only makes sense.

As much as I like to play 2K13, I'm only using it for current rosters. The menu changes, lack of exporting teams, and not being able to put classic players directly onto teams is a head scratcher...
Maybe I didn't notice it but I DL'd a C-Web it told me I had to go in and save my roster so the player wouldn't be lost. I'll have to check again when I get home from work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 01:27 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0
Smile Re: NBA 2k13 Can't Export Teams

Guys we should stop crying over this we still have NBA2k11 and NBA2k12 we can update that's why I still kept my 2K11 cause of the hard work you guys pull off. Don't trip over this in my opinion.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:49 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThugKnight
Guys we should stop crying over this we still have NBA2k11 and NBA2k12 we can update that's why I still kept my 2K11 cause of the hard work you guys pull off. Don't trip over this in my opinion.
Unfortunately, NBA2k12's gameplay is (IMO) much worse than 2k13, so it's tough to enjoy those great rosters because of how frustrating it is to play.

Is it possible for roster makers to still make rosters where all of the regular teams are replaced with classic teams, or is that also going out as a result of this?

It sucks that we don't have any of those players they added in the DLC last year, or the retro jerseys. It's so stupid that they added some of those great 90s jerseys, but left out the matching home/away jersey(s).
Old 10-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsalas76
yeah imperial you retired just at the right time. I love your 2k12 retirement roster and I think I might just keep playing 2k12 because of your roster. I did buy 2k13 but now im not sure if I want to keep it, luckily I havent opened it yet so I can still return it, not being able to export teams, the auto save issue, no Kareem, no Dr J, no Webber are deal breakers. I guess 2k wanted to cut down on great roster makers like yourself and pb who make 2k look bad. Oh wait 2k cant look bad this year cus we do get Jay-z and Justin Bieber!!! I hope next year we can play as William Hung and maybe Beyonce will executive produce NBA 2k14.
Thanks, I'm glad your enjoying my last roster. Also, it's obvious that 2k Sports feels threatened by the creativity of others. They want total control of this game this year to lockout anything that will put them to shame. I know for a fact that sales are gonna drop big time this year. Why? Because they don't realize that there's a big time following of old timers who buy this game just for the classic rosters we put out. You take that away, and what do you have? A Mickey Mouse game with popcorn peanut characters on a celebrity team, & current NBA players that haven't established themselves yet. Very Depressing!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »