Home

[Tool] NBA 2K13 Roster Editor

This is a discussion on [Tool] NBA 2K13 Roster Editor within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #377
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
They've practically made it impossible to raise an attribute (or rating if you will) above 99, by making it so 0-255 in the roster corresponds to 25-99 in-game (the tool makes sure to automatically give you the in-game value to edit in the Players tab, instead of 0-255). Tendencies can still be raised beyond 99 though, but I haven't tested what effect in has in-game.
So you're saying if I increased a rating to let's just say 110, it would still show up on the game as a 99? I knew that already, but what I'm asking if that will the rating actually be a 99 in the game or will it be a 110..

Say Dwight Howard's strength is a 99, but I wanted to make Shaqs a 120.. That way Howard can still be dominant but Shaq can still dominate him if that makes sense?

I know in the game his strength would still say 99, but in gameplay would it reflect a 99 or a 120..

I'm only asking because a guy in another thread said that on the pause menu the 96' Jordan is rated like a 104 overall.. Which would technically be impossible if everything stops at 99..

I know last year with hex you could increase ratings up to 110, but Hok said it would always be the same as a 99 even in gameplay.. I'm just trying to find out if its accurate or not.

I'd love to have Shaq be like 120 strength, Iverson 120 quickness, Russell 120 rebounds and blocks, etc etc.. So those types of players could actually dominate the way they are supposed to.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #378
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13
Re: [Tool] NBA 2K13 Roster Editor

Come to think of it, the game AFAIK works like this:

(Rating - 25) * 3 = SavedValue
and
SavedValue / 3 + 25 = Rating

So, since the SavedValue range is 0-255, you can go from 25 to 110. I haven't tried this yet, so I don't know. It may be possible. Do not try values above 110 in Roster Editor, but if you do try a value between 100 and 110, please tell us the results.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 10-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #379
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Now I remember where I last saw that value! That's a set of hex values in the PC version's exe. It's not in the roster file, so I doubt that's possible for 360 users, as there's no accessible EXE file for you guys to edit.
Oh you silly .exe you!
Old 10-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #380
Pro

StankonYa's Arena

OVR: 10

I use to have a 360 that had editable .exe files.... man do i miss that system.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #381
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Come to think of it, the game AFAIK works like this:

(Rating - 25) * 3 = SavedValue
and
SavedValue / 3 + 25 = Rating

So, since the SavedValue range is 0-255, you can go from 25 to 110. I haven't tried this yet, so I don't know. It may be possible. Do not try values above 110 in Roster Editor, but if you do try a value between 100 and 110, please tell us the results.
I haven't had time to download this yet or even mess with hex or even play much of 2K lol.. I should have some free time around the beginning of the week.. Maybe Monday-Wednesday.. I'll try to give this a shot then
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #382
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

v0.5.2.3 released!
Don't know what's wrong with me today, constantly fixing one thing while another breaks. Anyway, this latest version fixes a bug in the last release (0.5.2.2) which caused the tool to crash when columns were missing in the pasted data.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 10-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #383
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Gman just said the DLC guys are NOT hidden in the game... I thought people here were saying they were? Somebody please tell me you found them under a different code or something
Old 10-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #384
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Gman just said the DLC guys are NOT hidden in the game... I thought people here were saying they were? Somebody please tell me you found them under a different code or something
I said the ones i tried weren't but guys like Steve Smith and Glen Rice were. There are also non-dlc versions of them and i guarantee they will work since all of the cyberfaces from 2k10 ( including Wale that has 2 cfs this year ) that were hidden last year are also hidden this year. I'll try them tomorrow but trust me they will work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »