Home

tyklug2013's Fictional Draft Class(es) - Xbox360

This is a discussion on tyklug2013's Fictional Draft Class(es) - Xbox360 within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2013, 04:18 PM   #9
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: tyklug2013's Fictional Draft Class(es) - Xbox360

Quote:
Originally Posted by zten11
What rating do you give lottery players for potential?
High 60's/Low 70's, depends on the player. Helps the league from getting too good lol

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 03-31-2013, 06:12 PM   #10
Don't Kill My Vibe

Paul Pierce_OS's Arena

OVR: 61

Did you edit the tendencies in these?

Twitter: @__JonathanLucas
Old 03-31-2013, 11:30 PM   #11
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Pierce_OS
Did you edit the tendencies in these?
Yup. Guys who shouldn't be shooting threes won't be shooting them (unless they're a knucklehead), point guards won't be posting up all the time, etc.

Granted, I still have to do a little bit of testing, but it's difficult finding time, so any feedback is appreciated. I can always upload another version of a class, so if something gets out of whack, just let me know.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Last edited by JazzMan; 03-31-2013 at 11:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2013, 11:41 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyklug2013
High 60's/Low 70's, depends on the player. Helps the league from getting too good lol
Wow, that's really low. Shouldn't there be a couple players at 80?
Old 04-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #13
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

It really depends on what roster you're using. I don't know if you have the time tyklug but I generally release two versions of each draft class (one with lower potential and one with a little higher potential) just to appease both crowds of people. I generally lean towards staying away from draft classes that have really high potential or a more than a few players with 80+ potential because at that rating, potential grows each year and things can get out of control fast.

Its in no way a shot at you though zten. Just saying that both kinds of drafts (high potential heavy and low potential heavy) can work depending on what you're looking for.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #14
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zten11
Wow, that's really low. Shouldn't there be a couple players at 80?
I get where you're coming from, but if you put lottery-type guys at 80 potential they progress incredibly fast and wind up with 90+ overalls.

It's a preference thing, really.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Old 04-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #15
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyklug2013
I get where you're coming from, but if you put lottery-type guys at 80 potential they progress incredibly fast and wind up with 90+ overalls.

It's a preference thing, really.
IMO your ratings are spot on for picks 5-60, except for the fact that their should be at least 2-3 allstar caliber players. Or 1 superstar player. Maybe one player with a 88 potential (given that potential increases this player will probably end up in the low 90's). And another 1-3 with anywhere betwen 77-83 potential. If you look at the previous NBA drafts, each one has always at least had a small amount of allstar players come out of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #16
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

I feel what you are saying melbourne and agree with a lot of what you're saying. However, if he is making multiple draft classes, should al of the drafts follow the suggested pattern. The 2003 draft's top five picks were amazing and outside of Darko were all homeruns deserving of very high potential.

But look at the top picks for the 2000 draft.... Kenyon Martin, Stromile Swift, Darius Miles, Marcus Fizer, Mike Miller, Dermarr Johnson, Chris Mihm, Jamal Crawford, Joel Pryzbilla, Keyon Dooling (in that order). None of those players in my opinion were ever "big time" players. I guess my thing is when you make multiple classes I believe that there should be some range in talent between the drafts.

Another thing I wanted to say is that I think whether or not you use offseason training points should be considered when determining whether or not to use a class with relatively lower or higher potential. If you use offseason training points, you can easily take a player with 85 potential, use untapped potential to jump it to a 95. Couple that with potential that high jumping a couple of points each year and BAM you just made the next Lebron James with 99 potential in a span of two years. If you don't use offseason training points however, I do agree that potential should be a tad bit higher.

But that's just me. I can't knock anyone for how they do there association cause I have actually done both. I guess I'm just kinda trying to show why I feel like the lower potential can work as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »