Home

the_future420's Simulation All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on the_future420's Simulation All-Star Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2008, 11:53 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: the_future420's Simulation All-Star Sliders

I think i haven't used your newest set as of today or last night whenever they were uploaded but i believe this are a must try. I got a great defensive game and enjoyed playing. Two game in a row were deided by one point. WHich in my opinion is pretty damn enjoyable. Nice work and let me know if there are any more 'future' updates.

i was getting a lot of steals. What slider should i change??
Old 10-13-2008, 11:54 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
Thanks for posting those. I run with the Bulls too. I can still pull off stepback Js. I'm not sure why that would be as a problem as I've actually increased ball handline. Ive done several with Ben Gordon. I think I may put the CPU layup success back at 44--even with the human player. I want them to make the open layups and some of the tougher layups occasionally, but every layup shouldnt be an automatic two--especially if there is congestion in the paint.

If you notice, the default coach setting for the Bulls is to crash boards--HARD its almost maxed so you should see off boards with them.

I'm wondering why others arent seeing as many fouls as me. I try to steal the ball when the opportunity presents and I challenge hard on most shots in the paint. I'm usually getting 18-23 fouls/gm/team but it seems others are getting lower. May be a difference in style.

Also as far as the CPU subbing, I would advise taking a 2nd controller if you have it and going into their coaching settings and changing CPU subs from fatigue to rotation. You only have to do this once everytime you turn on your 360. The settings carry over game to game.

Also, for those playing association, I think if you bump up stamina, it may lessen the effect of progressive fatigue for the season.
Thanks for the stamina tip; that's exactly what I wanted--rotation subs for all teams. As for the fouls: the last couple of games I have been playing slow-tempo half-court ball, and taking a lot of jumpshots. I basically never swipe at the ball and try to lay off the R trigger on D. So it may be a style thing. Although, when you had shooting fouls at 70, and I think reach at 70, I was seeing many more free throws--maybe too much, but it's hard to tell.

The sliders are sick, though, man. I mean, when you can play a 48 minute game with both teams under 90 points, and then another game where you give up 113, you know they are on point. The best thing, though, is that auto playcalling feature with the playvision. I don't know how I ever played without that. It slows the game down, makes it more strategic, and really creates a more realistic flow to the game. Awesome tip.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:58 AM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Pie
Thanks for the stamina tip; that's exactly what I wanted--rotation subs for all teams. As for the fouls: the last couple of games I have been playing slow-tempo half-court ball, and taking a lot of jumpshots. I basically never swipe at the ball and try to lay off the R trigger on D. So it may be a style thing. Although, when you had shooting fouls at 70, and I think reach at 70, I was seeing many more free throws--maybe too much, but it's hard to tell.

The sliders are sick, though, man. I mean, when you can play a 48 minute game with both teams under 90 points, and then another game where you give up 113, you know they are on point. The best thing, though, is that auto playcalling feature with the playvision. I don't know how I ever played without that. It slows the game down, makes it more strategic, and really creates a more realistic flow to the game. Awesome tip.

I agree 100%. I like this set typically because it has such a sweet flow i guess because this is one ofthe few slider sets that havent changed game speed and or speed of players idk. WHat ever it is i dont care.

On a side note how many fast break points are you guys getting just want to make sure everything is right on par.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2008, 12:05 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontHateOnPlaya
I think i haven't used your newest set as of today or last night whenever they were uploaded but i believe this are a must try. I got a great defensive game and enjoyed playing. Two game in a row were deided by one point. WHich in my opinion is pretty damn enjoyable. Nice work and let me know if there are any more 'future' updates.

i was getting a lot of steals. What slider should i change??
Thanks for the feedback man. I was seeing too many steals as well. My newest set addresses that as I have decreased stealing down to 25.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:31 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback man. I was seeing too many steals as well. My newest set addresses that as I have decreased stealing down to 25.
No problem looking to help any way i can. When i get home from work i will upload the latest and i'll give you the results upon completion.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:43 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 17

Quick question.

Has anybody been able to complete user alley-oops with these sliders? I am having trouble with that, and theres been a couple opportunities that should've been converted. Even when the pass is spot on, the players seem to bobble it. I am going to test that tonight as well. Perhaps its the hands slider? Only thing is, I'm seeing the CPU complete them with Hands at 0.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:50 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontHateOnPlaya
I agree 100%. I like this set typically because it has such a sweet flow i guess because this is one ofthe few slider sets that havent changed game speed and or speed of players idk. WHat ever it is i dont care.

On a side note how many fast break points are you guys getting just want to make sure everything is right on par.
Fast break points have been low for me, but again, it could be a style thing. I play very slow tempo usually. But I've played 6 games, 5 with the old sliders, 1 with the new. The average fast break points have been

USER: 7
CPU: 7

The one game with the new sliders it was 7 and 4. Compare that with a league average of about 12-14, I think, and it's slighty low. But I would bet it's my style.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Quick question.

Has anybody been able to complete user alley-oops with these sliders? I am having trouble with that, and theres been a couple opportunities that should've been converted. Even when the pass is spot on, the players seem to bobble it. I am going to test that tonight as well. Perhaps its the hands slider? Only thing is, I'm seeing the CPU complete them with Hands at 0.
Yeah, I've had one Fisher to Kobe alley-oop on a fast break. That was the only one, though. I haven't made any other attempts. But I have seen the cpu throw a few down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »