Home

JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1

This is a discussion on JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1 within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #385
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Fofo Di Aka
Loving the V3 beta settings.Few things: few turnovers, few post up plays, and and the other team always makes about half of it's points in the Pain. This is the result of 3 games so far.
Thanks, thanks.

Lower CPU pass accuracy to 49 or 48, will produce a few more turnovers (2-3 more max). You could lower CPU ballhandling a point or two (do one first, then the other). Other than that the CPU on HOF is supposed to not make turnovers. Slightly raising HUM defense would also increase CPU turnovers. I would recommend changes to the CPU first, then if still not enough, then bump HUM DAWR a few points (3 max) play some games, re-evaluate.

Post plays, raise CPU pass to post tendency, but this is more of a playbook design issue. Since this set is for default 2k rosters, I have bumped the pass to post way up already and there isn't much else to do unless you get into the playbooks for the teams (could always raise pass to post more first though). Which if you go that far into editing the game, it would be wise to just go ahead and check out some custom rosters from peeps here on OS and give the Universal set a whirl.

Just wondering, in those 3 games, what teams did you go up against?

PIP; 50% of points coming from there isn't unrealistic, the top teams are right at that mark IRL nightly, so... depending on your defensive style/team I would recommend giving up the deep ball and packing the paint, which would give the CPU a green light to shoot from outside the paint, in turn lowering PiP totals. 2k has hardcoded the game to try and get to the rack. Look at the recommendations I gave Iameich and try those out as well.

@bloodthirstykillas, sorry I did not reply to you, I sincerely did not see you post, only thing I can recommend is to raise pass to post tendency.

*** V3 Final will be releasing this week, most likely Thursday. I've been super busy with work, classes, fam, etc... so be on the lookout peeps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #386
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
Thanks, thanks.
Just wondering, in those 3 games, what teams did you go up against?
[/b][/color]
Grizzlies, Spurs and GSW.I will try the changes and give feedback.

Also: does this work a few years into the association mode?
Old 07-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #387
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Fofo Di Aka
Grizzlies, Spurs and GSW.I will try the changes and give feedback.

Also: does this work a few years into the association mode?
Not sure why the Grizz and Spurs did not dump down into the post. Raise pass to post and also post shots into the 90s.

The sliders should be fine that far into association, the biggest problem with 2k in future years (assoc mode) is that the coach sliders do not change with the personnel. So say the Grizz draft a team that should play like GSW, 2k would still have them w/ the original Grizz coach profile, which would make them go to the post more and negate the drafted players.

Each year or each month in assoc, resign from your team, change teams, update coach profiles, resign, next team, change profiles, etc etc etc, until all teams get done. It is a pain in the A, but its the only way to get teams to resemble real life gameplanning.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #388
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

JW55 HOF V3.0 FINAL SET

Game Settings
Difficulty: HOF
Game Style: Custom (start by inputting at "HOF / Simulation")
Game Speed: 50
Quarter length: 12 Minutes
Fatigue: On
Injuries: On
Shooting Type: Shot Stick
FT Shooting Type: Shot Stick
Free Throw Difficulty: 75

My Controller - Controller Settings
Total Control Passing: Total Control
Automatic Shot Contest: Intense-D
Defensive Assist Strength: 0

Offense
Inside Shot Success: 45/42
Close Shot Success: 46 /43
Mid-Range Success: 45/42
3PT Success: 47
Layup Success: 55
Dunk in Traffic Frequency: 29
Dunk in Traffic Success: 38
Pass Accuracy: 55
Alley-Oop Success: 55
Contact Shot Success: 45/42

Defense
Driving Contact Shot Frequency: 74
Inside Contact Shot Frequency: 94
Layup Defense Strength TAKEOFF: 55
Layup Defense Strength RELEASE: 78
Jump Shot Defense Strength GATHER: 44
Jump Shot Defense Strength RELEASE: 55
Help Defense Strength: 83
Steal Success: 55

Attributes
Quickness: 46/38
Vertical: 46/38
Strength: 58/50
Stamina: 56
Speed: 33/25
Durability: 50
Hustle: 58/50
Ball Handling: 45/35
Hands: 50/30
Dunking Ability: 45/37
On-Ball Defense: 51/43
Stealing: 50/42
Blocking: 53/45
Offensive Awareness: 65/45
Defensive Awareness: 65/45
Offensive Rebounding 46/36
Defensive Rebounding: 55/45
Consistency: 55
Fatigue Rate: 58
Injury Frequency: 51
Injury Severity: 11

Tendencies
Take Inside Shots: 38
Take Close Shots: 58
Take Mid-Range Shots: 55
Take 3Pt Shots: 67
Post Shots: 83
Attack the Basket: 58
Look for Post Players: 67
Throw Alley-Oops: 50
Attempt Dunks: 46
Attempt Putbacks: 83
Play Passing Lanes: 50
Go for On-Ball Steals: 47
Contest Shots: 60
Backdoor Cuts: 33

Fouls
Over the Back Foul Frequency: 92
Charging Foul Frequency: 92
Blocking Foul Frequency: 83
Reaching Foul Frequency: 74
Shooting Foul Frequency: 78
Loose Ball Foul Frequency: 92
Old 07-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #389
Banned

JW.. I just played the realest game ever. It looked so beautiful. Brings tears to my eyes that I only just found your set.

Actual ball movement and plays = success. Short and sweet, amazing job.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #390
Rookie

JWILL, with HOF difficulty setting do I have to release my shot a bit earlier? I'm having trouble shooting on manual button press. Also what setting could I change to make my jump shot a bit easier if after a few games I don't get the hang of it. Thanks
Old 07-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #391
Rookie

Re: JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set

Looking to try out these sliders for my NBA 2K13 offline association youtube series sometime later today. Thanks for taking the time to make these man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #392
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Money14
JW.. I just played the realest game ever. It looked so beautiful. Brings tears to my eyes that I only just found your set.

Actual ball movement and plays = success. Short and sweet, amazing job.
Thanks and yes you have to be able to run plays in order to keep with the better teams regardless of who you have as a team. Too many times to I get into a freelance offense (usually run with the Suns, trying to keep the Nash era alive ) and get down big and then realize that I hadn't been running any sort of offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelandmvp
JWILL, with HOF difficulty setting do I have to release my shot a bit earlier? I'm having trouble shooting on manual button press. Also what setting could I change to make my jump shot a bit easier if after a few games I don't get the hang of it. Thanks
So many things on why.

First thing I can recommend would be to put shot feedback on for a few games to see if you are releasing too early/late.

After a few games with feedback on and some work (if needed) on getting the timing down with your players and you're still bricking open good releases, raise the shot success slider for that area (clo, mid, 3) a point.

Keep on working at it and you'll get it down, play at least 10 full games though and keep track of your shooting %s, look at the avg and make a determination from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj23mj
Looking to try out these sliders for my NBA 2K13 offline association youtube series sometime later today. Thanks for taking the time to make these man.
Hope you enjoy the experience the set provides. If you put the game up on YT, embed it in here please, would love to see it and get others the opportunity to view gameplay from a different user.

Last edited by JasonWilliams55; 07-19-2013 at 05:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »