Home

The official "I got NBA 2K9 for PS2" thread

This is a discussion on The official "I got NBA 2K9 for PS2" thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2008, 06:04 AM   #185
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: The official "I got NBA 2K9 for PS2" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ep1974
Youvalss: whicha are your sliders?
Well since my PS2 died recently, I can't load it and check. But basically what I did is lowering FG%'s (except for layups - which I increased); I increased defensive awareness and CPU dunking tendency (as well as dunk in traffic)...Things like that. You just have to play the game, see what's making you complain and correct it with the sliders, but usually more than one or two clicks or it won't do anything.
As for dunking, I editted many players who dunk regularly (LeBron, Kob, Wade, etc) and also most big man (even guys like Nesterivic) so they would dunk more because the CPU hardly ever dunks. So to all these guys I put some realistic dunking attribute (not too high for non-highflyers) but increased the sranding dunk (usually around 85-90 and even more for guys like Amare and D-Howard), and put it on 95-99 for guys like LeBron, Kobe and other bigmen who dunk alot, or else they hardly ever dunk in the game.
I also editted other tendencied for guys like Kobe and Wade so they shoot/penetrate more and pass less.
It's just a matter of logic - whatever you think is wrong should be corrected with the right sliders - but usually more than a few clicks.

Good luck!

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2008, 06:09 AM   #186
Rookie

OVR: 3

Did you modify every team sliders or edit rosters?
Old 11-06-2008, 06:17 AM   #187
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ep1974
Did you modify every team sliders or edit rosters?
I didn't touch the team sliders, but some guys say you should. I just editted the players themselves - and it took me about 2.5 hours and now it's worthless

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 11-11-2008, 05:47 PM   #188
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon11 Re: The official "I got NBA 2K9 for PS2" thread

Has anyone got any good sliders for a 7 min a quarter game on All Star or Superstar level please?

I've been browsing around everywhere, but it seems no one is bothered anymore are they?! Seems those who have done sliders have done them for 10-12 minute quarters which for me is a bit too long!
Old 04-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #189
Rookie

OVR: 1

i hardly ever have close games on 2k9. i usually always thrash teams by like 70 points on hall of fame with no changes to the slides or player stats. i won 129-56 against the hornets with the lakers yesturday. game is too easy. i hate the way point guards shoot on 2k9, it looks ugly. also on some parts of the court kobe cant shoot to save his life but will never miss on other spots... games messed up. no player in 2k9 shoots like their real life couter part. the only thing i like about 2k9 is the upto date rosters.

the missing lap-up thing is bulls**t. why cant the 2k team make a game where players make uncontested lay-ups? on every single nba live game lay-ups go in JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE. in my opinion 2k9 is even less realistic than the live series...
Old 04-10-2009, 02:18 AM   #190
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Keep in mind this is the PS2 version you talking about. You got your expectations way too high for the PS2 version.

It's not the game, it's the PS2 version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »