Home

Official - Is This Trade GOOD? Thread

This is a discussion on Official - Is This Trade GOOD? Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2008, 08:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Official - Is This Trade GOOD? Thread

Well, let me start this thread off with my team.
I play with the Chicago Bulls and I went on a 1 - 6 run in the beginning of the season. So i decided I needed a change.

BULLS TRADE:

Larry Hughes - to Memphis
Drew Gooden - to Goldenstate
'10 2nd Round pick - Goldenstate

MEMPHIS TRADE:

Hakim Warrick - Chicago
Antoine Walker - Chicago
Javaris Crittenton - Chicago
Quinton Ross - Goldenstate

GOLDENSTATE TRADE:

Al Harrington - Memphis
Marco Belinelli - Memphis

The reason why i traded away Gooden and Hughes were because I really needed a spark. I wanted to orginally trade Hinrich and Nocioni, but if you read up about it in real life it looks like they both are stuck in Chicago for a while. Gooden was putting up great stats for me but I personally wanted someone that has more energy in them and mabye a few years younger. I gave away Hughes because he was basically dead weight on my team. He was mostly benched and used in the last minutes of the game or if Hinrich and Rose are tired.
-

The reason why i decided to go with Warrick is because he is a little younger than Gooden and has quite a bit of upside to him. He is able to score down below and alittle bit more from mid range. He is also very explosive to the basic and a great defender. I also recieved Crittenton because he is a very lengthy PG that can play the SG as well if need be. He has great potential and is avery good backup for Rose and Hinrich. Last but not least I got Walker. I know it may seem like a bad trade but i have faith in him. I know his contract is very heavy but i think if he does not give me the long range shooting I want I can trade him in the offseason.

-
For Memphis they gain two great PG/SG that can really help along side Mayo and Conley. Hughes can now get the time he wanted and can get around 20 minutes a game playing along side with Mayo. Bellineli, just like Hughes also will get minutes and will also play along side Mayo. Then to make the team even stronger they get Harrington that originally wanted to leave Golden State. Harrington will bring power to the already depleted front court. He is a great young up and comer that can easily put 20 - 10 every game for it.

-

Golden State is now free from a situation with Harrington who already wanted to leave. They gain Gooden from the Bulls who is a very good player that plays hard on both ends of the court. He as well can be a double double player if played correctly. They also get Ross from Memphis that can help defensively in the perimiter and cam also score from the outside. Then for the last part of the trade they get a '10 2nd round pick from the Bulls. This pick will help in the future because it will bring them a future rookie that can make the warrior younger or possible a pick they can trade away to get another player.

--------------------------------------------------------------

BULLS LINEUP:

Starting 5:
Hinrich
Rose (Rose starts out SG and ends game at PG. I use his scoring a lot in
the beginning.)
Deng
Warrick
Noah

Bench:
Gordon - 6th
Nocioni - Role
Thomas - Role
Walker - Role
Crittenton - Prospect
Sefolosha - Prospect
Gray - Prospect
Nichols - Bench
Simmons - Bench

I also recut Ruffins..wasnt doing anything for me.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Ok Everyone feel free to give me opinions about my trade and suggestions. And please also feel free to post your trades.

Also please give constructive criticism.

Last edited by amr247; 11-03-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2008, 09:49 AM   #2
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Official - Is This Trade GOOD? Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amr247
Well, let me start this thread off with my team.
I play with the Chicago Bulls and I went on a 1 - 6 run in the beginning of the season. So i decided I needed a change.

BULLS TRADE:

Larry Hughes - to Memphis
Drew Gooden - to Goldenstate
'10 2nd Round pick - Goldenstate

MEMPHIS TRADE:

Hakim Warrick - Chicago
Antoine Walker - Chicago
Javaris Crittenton - Chicago
Quinton Ross - Goldenstate

GOLDENSTATE TRADE:

Al Harrington - Memphis
Marco Belinelli - Memphis

Also please give constructive criticism.
Good news - I don't think this deal was a rip-off/rape of the CPU...Like a lot of people do; meaning you didn't try to pry away Rudy Gay or OJ Mayo for your garbage contracts etc.

Bad news - I don't see Gooden fitting into the Nellie mold at all. Hakim Warrick would've probably been a better fit for GS since he is a lot more athletic and can run the floor better. I think Drew Gooden to GS is an unrealistic deal because GS does not play back to the basket which is the type of player Gooden is. BTW...Harrington started Friday night and Saturday night playing 45 and 26 minutes respectively. Big Al dropped shot 6-12 from the 3 pt line Friday night which is a big part to the GS game; having a Big who can shoot from long-range, and just shooting from long range in general. The fact that GS didn't get back any kind of 3 pt shooter in this deal really changes the chemistry/make-up of their team. Maybe Tione should've gone to GS and a 1st rounder instead of a 2nd.

Last edited by JBH3; 11-03-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:07 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Good news - I don't think this deal was a rip-off/rape of the CPU...Like a lot of people do; meaning you didn't try to pry away Rudy Gay or OJ Mayo for your garbage contracts etc.

Bad news - I don't see Gooden fitting into the Nellie mold at all. Hakim Warrick would've probably been a better fit for GS since he is a lot more athletic and can run the floor better. I think Drew Gooden to GS is an unrealistic deal because GS does not play back to the basket which is the type of player Gooden is. BTW...Harrington started Friday night and Saturday night playing 45 and 26 minutes respectively. Big Al dropped shot 6-12 from the 3 pt line Friday night which is a big part to the GS game; having a Big who can shoot from long-range, and just shooting from long range in general. The fact that GS didn't get back any kind of 3 pt shooter in this deal really changes the chemistry/make-up of their team. Maybe Tione should've gone to GS and a 1st rounder instead of a 2nd.

Hmmm very interesting..Thank you for the opinion. I actually might do that...But what would be better?

Should I trade Warrick and Walker to GS
Gooden to Memphis.
Harrington to Bulls?

so it would look like this

Bulls Trade:
Warrick - GS
Walker - GS

Memphis Trade:
Harrington - Bulls

GS Trade:
Gooden - Memphis

Im pretty sure the numbers match up. I will check it when I go home..But would that be better? I want to keep it realistic and i dont want to rape any team off. Hughes and Bellinelli will stay in Memphis so they wont be losing anything except harrington but gaining Gooden. GS will be receiving Warrick and Walker ... Warrick who is faster and walker who can shoot from the perimiter. And I will recieve Harrington a very versitile PF..would that be more reasonable?
Old 11-03-2008, 11:10 AM   #4
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by amr247
Hmmm very interesting..Thank you for the opinion. I actually might do that...But what would be better?

Should I trade Warrick and Walker to GS
Gooden to Memphis.
Harrington to Bulls?

so it would look like this

Bulls Trade:
Warrick - GS
Walker - GS

Memphis Trade:
Harrington - Bulls

GS Trade:
Gooden - Memphis

Im pretty sure the numbers match up. I will check it when I go home..But would that be better? I want to keep it realistic and i dont want to rape any team. Hughes and Bellinelli will stay in Memphis so they wont be losing anything except harrington but gaining Gooden. GS will be receiving Warrick and Walker ... Warrick who is faster and walker who can shoot from the perimiter. And I will recieve Harrington a very versitile PF..would that be more reasonable?
That would be a good fit...Much better than Gooden going to GS since a lumbering PF doesn't really fit into the high-tempo offense of GS. Warrick will give GS a defensive presence that they lack in the post.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:12 AM   #5

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

I am looking for a replacement for Sean May. I need good bench depth, does anyone have an idea for a solid backup forward that I can get who doesnt just shoot threes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2008, 11:48 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

DENVER TRADES
Allen Iverson

DETROIT TRADES
Chauncey Billups
Antonio McDyess

good trade?

Old 11-03-2008, 11:58 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodima
DENVER TRADES
Allen Iverson

DETROIT TRADES
Chauncey Billups
Antonio McDyess

good trade?

Well at least the Nuggets get a good point guard(AC is garbage) and J.R. Smith can finally get some starts at SG. Not a bad trade for Denver. Don't know how A.I does on the Pistons though. In 2k9 it isn't a bad deal.

Last edited by TheBest; 11-03-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:02 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodima
DENVER TRADES
Allen Iverson

DETROIT TRADES
Chauncey Billups
Antonio McDyess

good trade?

HOLD ON!!! WHAT THE HELL!?!?! I just saw this " proposed trade" on sportscenter. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »