Home

NBA 2k9 is great but will they patch up the morphing?

This is a discussion on NBA 2k9 is great but will they patch up the morphing? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2008, 03:29 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2k9 is great but will they patch up the morphing?

What about when dudes go through everyone for a layup?
Old 10-09-2008, 03:39 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 4

Lets make sure they patch this
Old 10-09-2008, 03:52 PM   #11
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Really? You guys this this will get patched?

Clipping issues like this have been in every sports game (hell, every game period) since the beginning of 3D space in games basically. The animations and models can only react so much to crazed and frantic human input without this kind of stuff popping up. Even in games with full physics systems like GTA IV, you see these issues occasionally. I hope they can find a way to fix this in the future, but something tells me that they probably would've fixed this by now if it were that easy.

I'm guessing that maybe the next round of systems would be able to do this.. I dunno. Don't get your hopes up is basically what I'm getting at...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2008, 03:58 PM   #12
LP
Johnny Canuck

LP's Arena

OVR: 19

A bit of an overreaction in my opinion. Yeah, the hand shouldn't go through the ball, but to say 2k7 was better? This game is miles ahead of 2k7. The cpu wouldn't even play zone defense in 2k7. The oops and the dunks this year are way more sim as well as isomotion.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:00 PM   #13
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

Yeah, at least they improved the ball physics enough so that you can get tips and deflections... that's about all we're going to get for this round of systems I think...
Old 10-09-2008, 04:02 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

I hope this guy doesn't play football games...
Old 10-09-2008, 04:05 PM   #15
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

LOL seriously. Like I said, pay attention to ANY game and you'll see this happening on some level. Whether it's walking partially through backgrounds on COD4, pointing your gun through someone's chest on GTA or spinning right through someone's body on Madden, it's everywhere. It might seem worse in 2K when you feel like you should've blocked the shot, check the replay, and see that it was a clipping issue... but it's really not any worse. And with the ball physics improvements, it's definitely a step above 2K8.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2008, 04:06 PM   #16
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Clipping issues like this have been in every sports game (hell, every game period) since the beginning of 3D space in games basically. The animations and models can only react so much to crazed and frantic human input without this kind of stuff popping up. Even in games with full physics systems like GTA IV, you see these issues occasionally. I hope they can find a way to fix this in the future, but something tells me that they probably would've fixed this by now if it were that easy.
I agree; well said. As long as it doesn't occur with a ton of frequency I'm don't think it qualifies as a huge problem because practically every game has clipping issues - it's not laziness. I'm sure a developer would be able to comment more on the complexities of programming for geometry and the difficulty of how these objects are supposed to interact. I think Gideon Prime is out there on this one; old school games definitely had this problem also

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »